PDA

View Full Version : What does your dealership do for you?

trina
02-15-2004, 04:27 AM
I've been hired as a consultant for a major car dealership in town to improve their CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index). What has your dealership done for you that makes you want to give them your business? I know one that sends birthday cards to all their customers, I think that's a great idea. I know of another that washes the car everytime it's in for service. Any other good experiences?

hjr
02-15-2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by trina
I've been hired as a consultant for a major car dealership in town to improve their CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index). What has your dealership done for you that makes you want to give them your business? I know one that sends birthday cards to all their customers, I think that's a great idea. I know of another that washes the car everytime it's in for service. Any other good experiences? no one cares about birthday cards. thats a complete waste of resources. Get the service writers trained on the cars they are supposed to be getting serviced. And get rid of the tudes. Little BS junk like a birthday card is nice and all but when the car breaks down or there is some issue with it that is where most of the issues come about. For example, my parents took their car back to the dealer cause it bairly starts when its cold. the car has 4000km on it. so they take it there, leave it over night so the mechanic can try and start it in the morning and figure out the problem. My parents go back the next day and the service dude just says, no, nothing wrong. the car is fine he says. BS my dad says. the service dude get all attitudy and wont even discuss it with them. so my dad comes back the next day and talks directly to the mechanic. turns out nobody even tried to start it. the mechanic then tryed it out and there is a problem. Now why would the service dude get all snippidy when he didnt even know what was going on. It was a HUGE piss off to my parents. Thats the issue. Not respecting the customer.

GTS Jeff
02-15-2004, 05:56 AM
I've been hired as a consultant for a major car dealership in town to improve their CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index). What has your dealership done for you that makes you want to give them your business? I know one that sends birthday cards to all their customers, I think that's a great idea. I know of another that washes the car everytime it's in for service. Any other good experiences? ive got a great idea. what if they fire u, and use your salary to reduce the price of parts? thats customer service.

haha jk. anyway, dont bother with bday cards or bouquets of flowers or whatever. thats gay. the thing that would make a difference is actually providing the customer better service. the carwash idea is good.

max_boost
02-15-2004, 08:53 AM
Instead of using a profit first attitude, try to cater to customer needs based on circumstances.

Example: BMW Charging $750 to completely replace front/rear rotors, brake pads and sensors at 20,000kms. The circumstance is, I bought the car used at 16,000kms which carries a 'Certified Series' label meaning it has passed a comprehensive 150pt inspection. But somehow they missed the brakes and failed to tell me?

Is that a cover up? Yes
Did I pay? Yes
Am I mad? Yes, also vowed to never own another BMW again

t3rry
02-15-2004, 10:18 AM
my dealer is very nice, he uses 2 full tubes of KY so it doesn't hurt as much....

:rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
02-15-2004, 10:27 AM
I've been hired as a consultant for a major car dealership in town to improve their CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index). What has your dealership done for you that makes you want to give them your business? I know one that sends birthday cards to all their customers, I think that's a great idea. I know of another that washes the car everytime it's in for service. Any other good experiences?
Stop calling me sir and treating me like a number for christ sakes, by treating me like a number its easier for them to rip me off and and act indifferent towards me when I question them. The car wash is a given every dealer should do that after any major service. Offer free fruit, beverages and decent magazines to read in the service department, southcenter fine cars does that, nice touch. ive got a ton of ideas but Im saving them for when I start my own dealership:D

ZorroAMG
02-15-2004, 10:36 AM
My dealer actually fixes things properly the first time, washes my car EVERY time it's in, gives me discounts on all my parts all the time, actually knows my first and last name, all my mods on my car and my future mods, makes sure the same tech (head tech) always works on my car, helps find a couple of solutions to bigger, more expensive services and LISTENS TO WHAT I SAY, OR ASK FOR.

Now get to work and have YOUR dealer replicate that!! ;)

CalgarySS
02-15-2004, 10:38 AM
I bought my wifes car at South Center Fine Cars. When an oil change is due the car is picked up at home/work and dropped back off when the work is completed.

Whenever I have gone in for warranty work there is no questions asked. I tell them what the problem is and they fix it, NO questions asked.

For instance. The drivers seat had a squeak in the frame and when you pushed back on the seat it would move slightly. More of an annoyance then anything but, they replaced the entire leather covered heated airbag containing seat.

The coffee and fruit is a good idea, it cost nothing and is a nice perk. I would throw in a newspaper as well.

When I bought my SS, the service department at Stampede scheduled a tour of the shop, I got a chance to meet the service staff and see who would do any warranty work that I needed. (200lbs of nitrous oxide through that truck without a problem).

JustinL
02-15-2004, 11:32 AM
Be not afraid to talk to young people. I have NEVER been talked to by anyone other than the parts guy at the Porsche dealership. The service I get from the Norden parts counter is outstanding, but looking around in the show room I'm practically invisible.

In contrast, over at the BMW dealership the cars are still way out of my range, but they have enthusiastic people who will ask if I need anything.

Washing the car is a great idea, Eurasia used to do that and I always apreciated it.

Justin

That.Guy.S30
02-15-2004, 12:24 PM
my dealer does shit all for me.. all they do is change my god damn oil and give me dirty looks..

CalgarySS
02-15-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by JustinL
Be not afraid to talk to young people. I have NEVER been talked to by anyone other than the parts guy at the Porsche dealership. The service I get from the Norden parts counter is outstanding, but looking around in the show room I'm practically invisible.

In contrast, over at the BMW dealership the cars are still way out of my range, but they have enthusiastic people who will ask if I need anything.

Washing the car is a great idea, Eurasia used to do that and I always apreciated it.

Justin

I agree that young people should be given more attention at dealerships.

I on the other hand received TERRIBLE service at The BMW Dealership. I walked around with my wife for 20 minutes with no sign of a salesman. They sat at the other side of the dealership drinking coffee while I looked around. I was not looking at cars in the 100,000 dollar price range but, I was looking for a car around 50,000.

Needless to say, we walked out and bought elsewhere.

I could not imagine wht the service would be like if they snub you when you are buying the car...

switch
02-15-2004, 12:30 PM
Treat me like a second rate customer because I don't drive a Jaguar.

///M3
02-15-2004, 12:38 PM
when ever my mom takes here bimmer in for service, they phone back after and ask you out of ten how good the service was. they forgot to fill the washer fluid one time, so she gave them a 9 :D. And i think its won awards for best dealership service in the wrold:eek:, so they expect the mechanic and others to get 10's everytime.

Mike09
02-15-2004, 12:48 PM
I also believe in attention to the younger client because there the one's that will/ could be driving your vehicle for the next 40-50yr's and that could be alot of money in the dealer's pocket's if they so choose.

ninspeed
02-15-2004, 12:50 PM
they employee me

Mike09
02-15-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
they employee me
Yep me too:thumbsup:

szw
02-15-2004, 01:01 PM
If you suggest these to your dealership, I doubt anything will happen. Its much easier/cheaper to send out some birthday cards than to get rid of their turds/turd attitude.

Why do they have to be such jerks about everything? Especially fixing warrenty stuff? and then fixing the stuff they break while fixing the warranty stuff?

I hate dealerships and can't wait for a day when you just order cars online.

CokerRat
02-15-2004, 01:29 PM
Regarding the service department: one word... professionalism. This includes accurate estimates of time and cost for routine services. Courtesy cars are a definite plus, even if they charge a few bucks (<$10) for the use of it. If I'm waiting for the work to be done and have booked an appointment, make sure work on the car starts promptly (within 10 minutes) of arrival. Otherwise, don't bother telling me to book an appointment -- I expect the dealership to be prompt, especially early in the day when schedules haven't slid. Be honest if something has not gone according to plan -- don't cover it up.

Incidentally, if shops want to do more routine work like oil changes, make it worth my while to bring the car in rather than do it myself. A $30 oil change is ridiculous.

Regarding new car sales, hmm, that's tough. I am personally starting to like the no-haggle dealerships. There's nothing worse than a salesman saying something like "congratulations, you got a really good deal!" (translation: "you just made my week!")

FiveFreshFish
02-15-2004, 01:49 PM
For people who are anal about their cars, leaving it at a dealership for servicing is always tense at best because:

- Fenders always have more scratches because they don't properly protect them while doing engine work.

- They wash the car and leave more swirls. They need to ASK me if I want a free wash. I'd prefer them to give me a free engine wash.

- They use seat protectors but they don't wash their hands before moving my car. Often find grease on my steering wheel, shifter, hand brake and door handle.

- Odometer gets reset. Fuck, there goes my fuel economy calc.

- Can't trust them so I have to empty all the stuff out of my car so there's absolutely nothing to steal. Saves headaches later.

- Wheel bolts are never at the right torque and I end up redoing it later.

ehos
02-15-2004, 01:52 PM
It's typical how a so called 'CSI' would bring up stupid stuff like washing a car and birthday cards. Who cares? :whocares:

How about stuff like, you know, FIXING the car, not overcharging (my dealer uses 3 tubes of KY!), not being dicks in general.

Dealers suck, plain and simple.

Why offer warranties if the dealer gets all pissy about fixing OBVIOUS mechanical faults of the car? (Covered UNDER warranty).

I feel like taking a firebomb to every new dealership.

Not that I'm bitter of course :)

trina
02-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Thank you very much for the constructive criticism/suggestions. I am very much open to more, so don't hold back.

Thanks!

FiveFreshFish
02-15-2004, 02:44 PM
Instead of wasting money on thank-you cards, birthday cards, flowers, etc., send some useful stuff:

- Discount coupons for cars shows. If the local newspapers can include a $2 coupon, a dealership should be able to give at least a $5 coupon.

- Calendar, key fobs, etc.

- Invitations to new car introductions. (Calgary BMW does this.)

FiveFreshFish
02-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Things to improve upon in the waiting area:

- Have more than one courtesy phone.

- Internet connection for laptops. Again, provide more than just one.

- Comfortable seating.

- Current and relevant reading material, i.e. car magazines.

sexualbanana
02-15-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Stop calling me sir

From my POV, that's more of an etiquette and respect issue. Because remember, the dealership staff are there to serve you. It's a heirarchical state. Since they are serving you, they are lower down on the societal ladder, and thus should be calling you "sir" out of respect and place. It makes the customer feel that much more important and that much higher up in society (even if it is at a dealership).

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
For people who are anal about their cars, leaving it at a dealership for servicing is always tense at best because:

Right. For people who care about cars, leaving them at the dealership for can be a terrifying thought. For the reasons you mentioned. But for the majority of customers, they wouldn't notice things such as the swirls from a wash. Their main concern is price and quality of work. Not minor blemishes that may occur from work.

Originally posted by ehos
It's typical how a so called 'CSI' would bring up stupid stuff like washing a car and birthday cards. Who cares? :whocares:

Everyone else seems to care quite a bit about the free wash. As minor and insignificant as a birthday card may seem, studies have shown that follow-up methods such as feedback forms after a purchase and birthday cards make the customer feel much more welcome and more willing to be a repeat customer because it makes them feel more like a person with a birthday, as opposed to a faceless number.

Hollywood
02-15-2004, 03:40 PM
I hate all dealerships, they are full of crooks, there is not 1 dealership in that world that does not have a crook in it. I have bought 3 new vehicles in a dealership. Bad expeirinece every time different manufactors. Shit even the government had to step in a make a section that is to watch and make sure dealerships are not ripping people off too badly. It's sad if you ask me.

It made me never want to buy a new vehicle ever again. Used is they only way to go for me now.:thumbsup:

For me skip the little crappy things and have dealership internal affairs staff that unbiasly polices dealerships. I cant even imagine how many problems this would fix.

That and a customer service that actually cares about your issues.

googe
02-15-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

From my POV, that's more of an etiquette and respect issue. Because remember, the dealership staff are there to serve you. It's a heirarchical state. Since they are serving you, they are lower down on the societal ladder, and thus should be calling you &quot;sir&quot; out of respect and place. It makes the customer feel that much more important and that much higher up in society (even if it is at a dealership).

This one is kind of funny. You have to do it right. I agree with what redlyne said about them overdoing it and basically assigning you a number. I hate dealing with sales people of any kind 99% of the time, because you KNOW they are trained to close a deal. With that thought in your mind, you really cant trust anything they say. The more annoying part is, alot of people are not that quick, and they dont realize this, so they get taken for a ride. So then the salesman talks to me like that. I hate giving my money to people that are trained to answer every one of my questions in a way that will persuade me to purchase, regardless of if its the best thing for my needs/wants.

Anyway, I find when sales people are being 'too' respectful (calling me sir), they are being more impersonal. On the other hand I guess its kind of a catch 22, because Im sure if some wealthy professional 'high-class' customer was in and they werent addressing him that way, he would be offended.

As far as service goes, dont tell me im silly for changing the exhaust. Understand that there are hobbyists that plan to mod their cars from day one. Most of us understand that if we turn up our boost and damage the engine, we caused the problem, and its not going to be warrantied. Be reasonable. So dont be resentful for every modded car that rolls in.

I guess for me the biggest thing is just being personable.

The snacks idea is cool too though. Food is good :D

5.9 R/T
02-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Simple solution for being ignored in the dealership; kick or hit something (like a tire) really hard that you know wont break and comment on how cheap it feels.

On the suggestion side of things, I don't want fruit flowers candy or whatever sitting there at the dealership, what i want is if I bring my car down it gets looked at that day not the "we're pretty booked up today, but bring it down so you can be carless for a few days while it sits in the lot and we completely ignore it" routine. Some hot desk lady could hook me with up with a little suckie suckie for paying ~90 bucks an hour for labor for a 5 minute job too. If it's a 5 minute job don't charge an hour, don't charge 1/2 an hour. It's 5 minutes you cheap bastards, if its for a regular don't charge them at all!

max_boost
02-15-2004, 05:01 PM
Also, don't use the "Did you know you can void your warranty?" Right, my air intake is going to blow my motor. Failing to perform maintenance at 24000kms will void my warranty.....:zzz: :rofl:

ehos
02-15-2004, 05:01 PM
Everyone else seems to care quite a bit about the free wash. As minor and insignificant as a birthday card may seem, studies have shown that follow-up methods such as feedback forms after a purchase and birthday cards make the customer feel much more welcome and more willing to be a repeat customer because it makes them feel more like a person with a birthday, as opposed to a faceless number.

Thank you for speaking for 'everyone'. Not 'everyone' cares about a lame carwash. For $80/hour, they should give me a complimentry blow job :bigpimp:

The whole point is dealerships charge the big $$ and spring for a 50cent card and a free wash. Wow, very impressive.

Still doesn't hide the fact that dealerships suck. Their service is terrible, unefficient, overpriced. And what's worse is their attitude like we're doing THEM a favour bring our cars there.

The best is when I took my TT into the shop, and the totally messed up interior (grease etc), and then had the gall to tell me it was like that.

Not just once, I've got the 'it was like that' a few times. Lame.

redx2nv
02-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Mine told me to fuck off when i tried to get warranty work done....

:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: Acura:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

africano
02-15-2004, 05:53 PM
I don't like the fact that they hire some idiot to talk to you when the dude that's gonna work on your car's in the back. If the idiot doesn't understand the problem how can he tell the guy that actually knows. Also, they treat you like shit at most of the places. I took a punctured tire into canadian tire once because they got the free puncture fixing service. I just rolled the tire in and the guy took like a hour just to take the tire to the back (wasn't even busy), I could have done it in like 5 minutes but my dad believes that to be illegal 'cause he's an idiot. Plus, I saw like 3 mechanics hammer at an axle that they put into a vice, sure that might work but it makes it look like you don't know anything. And three mechanics doin that and talkin' makes it look unprofessional to booth. That's my 2 cents.

Matthew
02-15-2004, 06:36 PM
I have to tell you, my Ford dealer cheerfully solved a major out of warranty issue for me on a Mustang, and has always been cheerful and prompt in dealing with any warranty issues, including the typical picky trim and appearance issues that car nuts worry about. This is the kind of thing that brings me back.

-Matthew

Altezza
02-15-2004, 07:18 PM
I'm generally quite satisfied with service at Lexus. There are some minor things that quirk me here and there, but nothing absolutely major (especially when relatively speaking compared to BMW, etc). The one thing that pisses me off about almost every service department is that they add a special section in the bill called "shop supplies". WTF is that all about? Shop supplies should be part of the department's overhead costs or built into the cost of the service. :confused:

FiveFreshFish
02-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Altezza
Shop supplies should be part of the department's overhead costs or built into the cost of the service. :confused:

I agree. I don't need to see the nickel & diming; just absorb it into the hourly shop rate. You don't see them listing other costs like mechanic's wages and electricity usage on your bill.

girlRACER
02-15-2004, 07:39 PM
I had a really bad customer service experience with the Infiniti service department. They ended up sending me a huge bouquet of flowers but I never went back. I don't think cheap free gifts make up for bad customer service when a person is spending hundreds of dollars on their car.

I would get better service taking my car to Mr.Lube than any other dealership.

ehos
02-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by redx2nv
Mine told me to fuck off when i tried to get warranty work done....

:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: Acura:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

WHAT?? Where??

Warranty work really seems to piss off dealerships, which I don't understand. They get the money back from their parent dealership (ie GM or whatever) + they ALWAYS mark it up.

Canadian Tire: You know what, I think my best experiences have been at CT. At least they check your car for free, always fix it, and don't treat you like a child.

I've never had a bad experience at CT. But then again, I usually fix my own cars (unless it's something I can't figure out). Like my clutch problem :)

JordanLotoski
02-15-2004, 08:46 PM
i get free car washes at mine, whenever i want for free.....even when i dont get service

rage2
02-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Free car washes don't mean shit when they give you poor service. The car wash feels like an excuse to make you feel better (hint, it doesn't work).

But, if the service is good, AND they give you a free car wash, then the free car wash feels like a perk, at which time it's much more appreciated.

JordanLotoski
02-15-2004, 09:16 PM
i get good service everywhere i go........and if i dont i make sure i let them know

rage2
02-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by SIRCANADA
i get good service everywhere i go........and if i dont i make sure i let them know
Does your wife bring the car in?

JordanLotoski
02-15-2004, 09:23 PM
lol....no man. i do all the car stuff..she just drives them

fast95pony
02-15-2004, 10:02 PM
Why do dealers bother with appointments ?? I made an 08:00 am appointment for an oil change , then the car sat outside for 3 hours !! The dealer did wash my car once..with a squeegee !
Another time I took it in for an oil change/brake inspection . It took all morning , and my nice rims were covered in oily fingerprints .It looked like the mechanic went out of his way to get the rims as dirty as possible.

Why does a visit the the dealer feel like a visit to the dentist ??
They keep you waiting , and you never know if you will come out of the dealer feeling better or worse....

The dealer where I bought the car gave me 6 free oil changes,so I go there ONLY for oil changes. The few warranty issues I've had , I now go to a different dealer.

fast95pony
02-15-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
My dealer actually fixes things properly the first time, washes my car EVERY time it's in, gives me discounts on all my parts all the time, actually knows my first and last name, all my mods on my car and my future mods, makes sure the same tech (head tech) always works on my car, helps find a couple of solutions to bigger, more expensive services and LISTENS TO WHAT I SAY, OR ASK FOR.

Now get to work and have YOUR dealer replicate that!! ;)

Sounds like you spend a lot of time at the dealer...
If the person working on my car knew my name , I'd be worried !
:dunno:

ehos
02-16-2004, 01:02 AM
Is there any way to screw a dealership over?

I'd love to get a few of them back, somehow... someway.

JordanLotoski
02-16-2004, 01:05 AM
yeah walk into a dealership...with a long coat and tell the dealer your strapped iwth 40 pounds of T&T...see how they react to that!!!:rofl:

googe
02-16-2004, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by ehos
Is there any way to screw a dealership over?

I'd love to get a few of them back, somehow... someway.
2 words... mark mitsubishi :D

Hakkola
02-16-2004, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by CokerRat
If I'm waiting for the work to be done and have booked an appointment, make sure work on the car starts promptly (within 10 minutes) of arrival.

That sounds pretty stupid, what if they have an upcoming appointment and your car isn't finished? Do you want them to hurry and do a shitty job or just tell you it's fixed when it isn't so they can stay on time??? :thumbsdow

BMW dealership F***IN' SUCKS!! You'd expect the Mercedes Salesmen to be stuck up and the BMW ones to be outgoing, but it's the otherway around. The old guy at the automall that used to be a COP is a complete fuckin tool.

I like when the Salesmen at LoneStar Benz make small talk with me and ask me how I'm doing and talk cars with me. Seems like everytime I go in there some of the guys want to chat about the new AMG engines or something so it's never boring, and they know what they're talking about. :thumbsup:

I've gotten a free loaner car at Lonestar and my car isn't under warranty :D I like when they go the extra mile to make me happy, because I know they're still making a killing off of me no matter how much free stuff I get.

I like the free carwash, couldn't give a shit about a b-day card, my dentist sends me b-day cards, and I don't care about them.

What makes a dealership great is knowledgeable employees that are friendly no matter who you are or what your age is. I'll probably be a Lonestar customer for life, unless they screw me or for some reason I don't want another Mercedes.

JordanLotoski
02-16-2004, 02:17 AM
yeah man i agree...bmw salesmen are assholes...hyatt mercedes are soo nice..actually id say i havnt been to another dealership, where staff is so nice.....

Hakkola
02-16-2004, 02:31 AM
Cool that hyatt is nice, I just never went there because I remember they were in the paper a few years ago for shady business practices. Maybe if I ever feel adventurous I'll check them out.

OWNED
02-16-2004, 02:42 AM
This summer me and my great grandfather went to buy a new car (for himself) and when he went in the salesman knew him by name, he said hello to us and asked who I was.

Then he told me and my great grandfather to look around a bit and just yell if we needed anything. My great grandfather found the car he liked and told me to go get the salesmen.

We went into his office, he looked up in the computer and saw that we had bought a few cars from the same dealership.

My grandpa told the guy that this was probably gonna be his last car from them so the guy gave my grandpa the car at cost. He made no money atall on it. He even showed us the costs on the computer.

Weapon_R
02-16-2004, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by OWNED
My grandpa told the guy that this was probably gonna be his last car from them so the guy gave my grandpa the car at cost. He made no money atall on it. He even showed us the costs on the computer.

A clever sales trick.

max_boost
02-16-2004, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by SIRCANADA
yeah man i agree...bmw salesmen are assholes... True that, there's this guy who eats at my restaurant every couple weeks and is perhaps the most arrogant guy I've ever encountered.

Example: When my restaurant went non-smoking a couple years back, he knew about it and we were chatting while he was paying and then he lights up a cig and blows it in my face. WTF is up with that?!?! Cocky:thumbsdow

The rest of the sales staff is pretty pathetic as well, they don't even acknowledge young people in the showrooms. They don't think we have money? Oh they are wrong......

syeve
02-16-2004, 11:19 AM
the manager at my dealership got me into a racing school track day at race city even though I wasnt invited. It was a random selection through the mail, I got cranky when i didnt get the invite, asked him to get me in, next thing i knew I was in the track day and lovin it.

trina
02-16-2004, 01:46 PM
Great feedback, everyone.

To me, a birthday card shows that even though my brother didn't remember my birthday, my dealership did! A nice little touch...however, it's probably a "girl" thing, because we women like dates! Obviously it isn't important to everyone.

As for the car wash, I think that's one is kindof a "catch-22"...some people don't trust power washes anyways and prefer to do it by hand...if I was one of those people, i'd be choked if the dealer did it without asking. Maybe it'll be an option at this dealership.

If anyone has any more comments on suggesting improvements to the dealership experience, I'd be grateful.

Thanks again

1badPT
02-16-2004, 02:48 PM
I haven't really dealt too much with my dealership tbh. They were very helpful during the sales process, and I just went in recently for my first service appointment which was free. They had a computer with internet in the waiting area, cable tv, product brochures, magazines and newspapers. There was also a coffee and snack vending machine. Nothing to make me say wow either way.

ZorroAMG
02-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony

Sounds like you spend a lot of time at the dealer...
If the person working on my car knew my name , I'd be worried !
:dunno:

Umm, no it is because I have had both of my MB's serviced by them, my dad has had 5 and I used to always handle his issues as well. Again, it is a respect issue and being recognized as a valuable client.

Weapon_R
02-16-2004, 05:26 PM
I don't deal much with the dealership since my car isn't warrantied anymore, but i'll try and help.

I liked the service at Heninger Toyota. They have a waiting room with a pool table and some other stuff to keep you busy. They also have a few old Toyotas there that help pass the time.

Flowers, cards, etc, I don't care for. Don't waste your money. Just quote me a price, stick to it, do it on time, and offer something like a wash or vacuum. It always makes the buyer feel happy. Even if it's for something small.

Treat young buyers respectfully. Yes, I am only buying a civic or a cavalier now, but when I am a little older i'll be buying the V6 Accord or Cadillac STS if I am happy with your service later.

My first car was an E30 BMW. I needed a few parts and tried to find them used, because the dealership was supposed to "rape you" on prices. I had no luck, and went to the dealership. I was treated by the parts dealer with absolute respect, and he even gave me a front black BMW license plate holder and a chrome rear one for free, 'just because' - and I spent under $200 there. This was exactly 4 years ago - and I still remember that gesture and I probably won't forget it any time soon.

OWNED
02-16-2004, 07:49 PM
I went wit my friend today to drop off applications at a few dealerships.... and I saw a HUUUUGE difference between em.

Well... im not gonna name the bad ones and what was wrong with em.. (cause its too much to type)

BY FAR, the best dealership out of the 10 or so we went to was Mazda by Sunridge Mall.

We walked in, we were greeted with a friendly hello. We walked around a bit and looked at the new RX8. A salesman came up to my friend and I and said "sweet little car aint it? Do you guys need any help?" We said no, that we were just dropping off a resume and he said he would take it and give it to the manager.

Not only were the staff nice (unlike Toyota / Lexus who seemed to have 12 inch dicks up their ass's) but the whole store was SWEEET! They had a play room for the kids, snack machines, and best of all... Performance parts... right there in the store.

Right in a display case they had A Greddy exhaust system, Brembo brakes or something like that, and a buncha other cool stuff. They had like 3 RX8's in it and didnt care that we sat in it (unlike Toyota / Lexus.. a salesmen looked at us like we were lepers or something)

Anyways... you wanna see what a good car dealership looks / runs like... go to Mazda!

ZorroAMG
02-17-2004, 02:12 PM
Considering Mazda's positive change in the cars they produce today, it doesn't surprise me that they run a good dealership, good on them!

OWNED
02-17-2004, 08:51 PM

One quick question... what dealership is it that you work for? because that could better help us tell u what we think of em.. (if we have experience with them)

E36M3
02-17-2004, 09:19 PM
Fire the front-house people with attitudes. Gus at Lone Star Mercedes is the most unprofessional person I have ever met. Go to that dealership and talk to him for about 5 minutes and you can write a book about being unprofessional.

How an old, fat, alcoholic incompetent retard like that keeps a job I will never know.

On a more serious note, train the customer service people (account managers, whatever you call them) about the products (ie. the cars) that are being serviced, and supplement that training on a regular basis. Severely punish employees who treat any customer in an unprofessional manner, especially younger clients. Institute a 100% satisfaction policy (I have a book full of case studies that prove why this works for any business) and enforce it. Don't treat your clients like criminals, treat them like gold, because they are the reason the dealership is there, period.

Hollywood
02-17-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
I would get better service taking my car to Mr.Lube than any other dealership.

This is so true.

Honestly we are all saying these thing but in reality non of it will matter. Trina what ever your new position is it wont make a difference.

Dealerships suck 100% canvassing idea's on a forum wont fix all the bad that has been going on. Nor do I believe they will make a positive difference in the long run. As dealerships have been rotten for too long to suddenly change. I'm not being un-optamistic just realistic.

ehos
02-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Dealerships don't need customers it seems. They can do just the bare minimum and people will still come back again and again, because they think that's how it is.

I think the only place I'd buy a new car is Toyota (No Haggle) and hope their service is as good as people say.

I don't think I'll ever buy a new luxury car again (no way, no how). Just because I look young doesn't give anyone the right to discriminate how much $$$ I make.

20incheyes
02-17-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by E36M3
Gus at Lone Star Mercedes is the most unprofessional person I have ever met. Go to that dealership and talk to him for about 5 minutes and you can write a book about being unprofessional.

How an old, fat, alcoholic incompetent retard like that keeps a job I will never know.

he's not my service advisor but I can see where you're getting that from. I hate snobby POS like the young(28-35) guy working the parts counter at LONESTAR, I'm just waiting till the next time I have to deal with him and I'll go ballistic in the dealership making sure I scare anyone away I can, and then it'd be funny seeing Wayne's expression (GM)

Hakkola
02-17-2004, 10:57 PM
Is Gus the guy that looks like he belongs in the forest?

E36M3
02-17-2004, 11:08 PM
He's an old Irish/Scottish/English guy with a heavy accent and the smell of alcohol on his breath with the big gut hanging out and the bad teeth (ok, I made up the bad teeth part, I don't remember his teeth).

Originally posted by Hakkola
Is Gus the guy that looks like he belongs in the forest?

Hakkola
02-18-2004, 01:00 AM
Ahahaha, yeah I know who you're talking about, not the woodsman.

nismodrifter
02-18-2004, 01:31 AM
Whenever I went to lone star to buy parts for the 300SD (Rip :( ) the snobz at the parts desk acted as if they were doing ME a favor by letting me shop there..........

Ring the bell....nobody comes...ring again..."we will be with you in a second"....5 mins later some guy finally comes out...he doesn't say how are you doing or sorry for the delay he just says "what do you need"....I tell him waht I need, he punches some shit in the computer, grabs the parts at his leisure, I then pay him and leave pissed off. I never went back there again....
Yeah so I don't drive a $100 000 benzino with all the fancy goodies but I am still giving you business........

Experience at Hyatt is completely different, guy welcomes me, asks me what kind of car I drive and what I need, snaps up the parts, says have a nice day etc... and I am on my way. Plus, their prices are MUCH cheaper than Lone Stars (lone star actually charged DOUBLE what Hyatt charged for some parts...)

Damn lone star to hell