PDA

View Full Version : Ingress

firebane
01-11-2013, 07:06 PM
I did a search and didn't see anything about this. Wondering if anyone else is playing? Since there seems to be a diverse group of people around here..

http://www.ingress.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingress_%28game%29

Its basically two factions trying to win over a city. This is done by creating portals (through submissions of interesting places) and creating "zones" by joining zones.

Its an android based game that requires actual participation which is still in a closed beta and requires a invite.

GoChris
01-11-2013, 08:19 PM
I got my invite the other day, but haven't had a chance to play.

Cos
01-12-2013, 10:16 AM

A790
01-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Cos
I havent made it past the tutorial. It gets me to start then tells me to go outside to collect. I look outside, it looks cold, I close the program.

Maybe when it is warm out Ill remember to do it.
Haha yea basically, this.

supe
01-12-2013, 10:28 AM
I'm playing. Its a pretty interesting game. Much better for people that either live or work in or near downtown. Its fun because it gets you out of your seat and actually go around the city. Its also a game you can take anywhere in the world to play.

In Calgary there isn't that many active players yet maybe about a dozen but as others here have said, I think the weather plays a big part. I expect things to heat up come summer.

Alterac
01-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Im still waiting for my invite!..

Damnit.

Calgary has no resistance, and having all the portals be enlightened (and no new neutral ones) makes a dull game.

Id love a invite if anyone has one too!.

Cos
01-12-2013, 01:51 PM

firebane
01-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Alterac
Im still waiting for my invite!..

Damnit.

Calgary has no resistance, and having all the portals be enlightened (and no new neutral ones) makes a dull game.

Id love a invite if anyone has one too!.

Go look at the intel map. Me and 3 other guys today knocked a huge lot of green off the map today.

The majority of the people play down town because that is where they work. But I'm going to go around fairly soon and start to take pictures for things to be more portals to expand the game out.

There is a lot more than just a dozen people playing this game.

BrknFngrs
01-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Is it strictly android or is it possible to get an invite for iOS?

I'm downtown and this sounds pretty wicked ha-ha

Cos
01-12-2013, 06:04 PM

Alterac
01-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by firebane

Go look at the intel map. Me and 3 other guys today knocked a huge lot of green off the map today.

There is a lot more than just a dozen people playing this game.

I need an account to look at :( lol..

Good to see Resistance action though, allows my buddy i work with to go play at lunches. (He is Enlightened)

firebane
03-24-2013, 11:36 PM
As an update to this.. the Resistance team of Calgary did a massive accomplishment today of getting 16 L8 portals together in one area with a bunch of other agents to farm and have fun..
http://s22.postimg.org/w1uvohwgd/wholeshebang.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/w1uvohwgd/)

syscal
03-25-2013, 01:12 AM
Boo!

Love,
The Enlightened

p.s. nice work though

Alterac
03-25-2013, 08:19 AM
At least we know why you no longer wanted pip as newb area. You dirty scoundrels :)

.jl-
03-25-2013, 06:32 PM
Some of my coworkers play Ingress..and it consumers a lot of time during your lunch hour in downtown and a lot of walking. There seems to be tons of activity on ingress in Calgary tho, when I go for lunch with my coworkers, I constantly see them playing ingress as well as other randoms attacking and defending portals.

I received an invite but am currently using the Blackberry Z10 and there is no ingress port ATM =(

firebane
03-25-2013, 07:07 PM
At least we know why you no longer wanted pip as newb area. You dirty scoundrels :)

Hah! Not really. You Green guys were the camels breaking straw so when the agreement went south we took advantage :P

Besides greenies made it 7 first.

wintonyk
03-26-2013, 05:52 AM
i still don't completely understand it. although i am playing it in bangkok right now. and there is lots of resistance here haha.

DeeK
04-08-2013, 01:56 AM
Played this game for hours today. GREAT FUN!

And I left my dark room and got some exercise, huge success.

Trying to get a few friends involved, does anyone have extra invites?

What faction are you guys playing? Enlightened for me due to the fact that in vancouver area, the resistance make up 78% of the users....

AndyL
04-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Blah I wanna be a google shill ;) if theres any working invites id love to know of one ;)

firebane
04-10-2013, 04:52 PM
I have an extra invite but I can only give it out to someone who would play resistance.

It would be sacrilege for my invite to go the green team.

Alterac
04-10-2013, 05:09 PM
I have an extra invite but I can only give it out to someone who would play resistance.

Leave it to the Smurfs to bribe people on to their team.

edit, Firebane, whats your ingress name? (mine is the same as my beyond name)

AndyL
04-10-2013, 05:10 PM

I'll be resistance :)

firebane
04-10-2013, 07:29 PM

Leave it to the Smurfs to bribe people on to their team.

edit, Firebane, whats your ingress name? (mine is the same as my beyond name)

take my name and reverse it :P

Originally posted by AndyL

I'll be resistance :)

Alterac
04-10-2013, 07:47 PM

Eww, lol.

Going to be a long time before I'm a pain in your ass in game.

Recca168
04-11-2013, 12:42 AM

never would have noticed that. firebane is way easier to pronouce :english:

firebane
04-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Recca168

never would have noticed that. firebane is way easier to pronouce :english:

You too? Geezus. Everyone is comin out of the wood work.

AndyL
04-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Gumble... stupid satellites are pissing me off... how the hell do you get through training missions when your jumping around 2 blocks in every direction ... while standing still - ontop of the portal it wants you to attack...

firebane
04-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by AndyL
Gumble... stupid satellites are pissing me off... how the hell do you get through training missions when your jumping around 2 blocks in every direction ... while standing still - ontop of the portal it wants you to attack...

If your downtown use Wifi works FAR better. GPS is shoddy at best.