PDA

View Full Version : Flacco is going to get paid

WhippWhapp
01-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Looks like Bisciotti will be giving Flacco a raise, and might be time for Bailey to move to safety or nickle.

What a pick up Elway made signing Holliday!

95teetee
01-13-2013, 09:51 AM
if quarterbacks get paid based on pitiful performances by defensive backs making them look good, then he'll be the highest paid QB in the NFL.

Black Gts
01-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Haha. I was watching with my buddy and he's a big Ravens fan . I. Asked if he would finally stop bitching about Flacco and he said, if thet won tge super bowl and he went 30/30 with 350 yards in a rout he'd consider it haha. I do thinkhhe's getting paid unless rivers available, kinda by default not anything he did or does.

sexualbanana
01-13-2013, 04:02 PM
There aren't too many options for a better QB out there.

He may not be elite, but he's going to be good enough to win you a few games. Which is more than a lot of other teams can say right now.

It's the same reason why Romo will never go anywhere. Despite being an awesome choke artist

colinxx235
01-13-2013, 07:56 PM
^

I'd take Smith over flacco in a heart beat

buh_buh
01-14-2013, 10:44 AM
Flacco is elite if he says he's elite :rolleyes:
I haven't seen Flacco play much this year, but I agree Smith is the better player.

roopi
01-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by colinxx235
^

I'd take Smith over flacco in a heart beat

Originally posted by buh_buh
Flacco is elite if he says he's elite :rolleyes:
I haven't seen Flacco play much this year, but I agree Smith is the better player.

Are you referring to Alex Smith? If so it is obvious that you don't watch much football. Wait until next year when Smith ends up in another city/system and you will see how bad he really is.

colinxx235
01-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by roopi

Are you referring to Alex Smith? If so it is obvious that you don't watch much football. Wait until next year when Smith ends up in another city/system and you will see how bad he really is.

Yes you are totally right, I don't have sunday nfl ticket, participate in fantasy leagues, or watch football all sunday all season long... :rolleyes:

I do not believe Alex smith is a great QB, the 49ers helped him get the stats he had. But I do fully believe he is better than flacco. He's more controlled and a smarter QB. Plus more athletic and better in a scramble.

Not to mention he doesn't have the stupid ignorant inflated ego that Flacco carries (any QB who has only had one season over 90 rating and barely at that point and claims to be as equal or better than Brady... wow)

sexualbanana
01-14-2013, 12:19 PM

Smith gets my vote for the shittiest career circumstances ever. Aside from his rookie contract, he's gotten nothing but the short end of the stick.

max_boost
01-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Flack's numbers look pretty good on paper.

CapnCrunch
01-14-2013, 02:24 PM

I agree but he's still better than Flacco. Imagine if they both played for the Jets. Smith would be unremarkable, and Flacco would just throw 50 yard interceptions all year.

WhippWhapp
01-14-2013, 04:15 PM
On a side note, I bet Jon Jones sits in on the Patriots/Ravens game this weekend!

buh_buh
01-14-2013, 04:47 PM

I never said Alex Smith was elite. I've watch every 49er game last year and this year, and I not once did I think he could get the job done. But his numbers don't lie. 90.7 passer rating last year, and 104.1 this year before he got hurt, which was highest in the league at the time. I completely agree Harbaugh and Roman protected his game a lot, which was limited to check downs and didn't let him go down the field at all. But the 49ers got to the NFC championship last year, and he had a good start this year as well. I think Flacco and Smith are comparable in terms of skill, but I do still think Smith is the better player.

WhippWhapp
01-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

I never said Alex Smith was elite. I've watch every 49er game last year and this year, and I not once did I think he could get the job done. But his numbers don't lie. 90.7 passer rating last year, and 104.1 this year before he got hurt, which was highest in the league at the time. I completely agree Harbaugh and Roman protected his game a lot, which was limited to check downs and didn't let him go down the field at all. But the 49ers got to the NFC championship last year, and he had a good start this year as well. I think Flacco and Smith are comparable in terms of skill, but I do still think Smith is the better player.

Alex Smith isn't going to make the throws Flacco made that kept Baltimore in it, and finally won the game. The current QB rating system makes dip and dunkers look better than they are.

Flacco and his line deserve credit for the Ravens' third down conversion rate.

sexualbanana
01-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by WhippWhapp

Alex Smith isn't going to make the throws Flacco made that kept Baltimore in it, and finally won the game. The current QB rating system makes dip and dunkers look better than they are.

Flacco and his line deserve credit for the Ravens' third down conversion rate.

He made better throws for two lead-changing touchdowns in the last 3 minutes of the Divisionals last year.

Flacco's staying put because there are no better options. Smith is going elsewhere because I can't imagine someone would want to stay on a team where they get continually disrespected.

CMW403
01-20-2013, 09:22 PM
LOL

Anything else to say, faggots?

WhippWhapp
01-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Harbaugh bowl, woo hoo!

I'm happy for Ed Reed.

AaronK
01-20-2013, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by CMW403
LOL

Anything else to say, faggots?

You lose all credibility when you just call people "faggots". Just so you know.....

And sure, Flacco is a mediocre QB, but he is no where near as good as the elite QBs in this league.

buh_buh
01-21-2013, 12:38 AM
Kaepernick>Flacco

And Kaepernick is not elite

colinxx235
01-21-2013, 02:49 AM
That game wasn't really flacco.

That was about patriots best two corners getting hurt, welker playing like shit. And the ravens D stepping up.

Not to mention that NASTY hit that ridley took (I still think his ass his the ground before he lost control of ball)

Flacco is far from elite. Boldin on the other hand.... beast

sexualbanana
01-21-2013, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by colinxx235
That game wasn't really flacco.

That was about patriots best two corners getting hurt, welker playing like shit. And the ravens D stepping up.

Not to mention that NASTY hit that ridley took (I still think his ass his the ground before he lost control of ball)

Flacco is far from elite. Boldin on the other hand.... beast

That was a pretty good game for Flacco. The wind wasn't helping either side. Some questionable play calls in their second last possession followed by some questionable decisions, but overall it was a pretty good game.

Also, the ball came out of Ridley's hands just before his hamstring/butt/left knee hit the ground. I thought he was down when it happened, but you could clearly see in the replay that it came out a fraction of a second before he hit the ground.

colinxx235
01-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Yah, I will admit flacco did have a good game, but it wasn't stellar or an elite performance (that wind was definitely nasty)

I think boldin + soft corner coverage gave him very easy passes for those two td's.

The turnover was a huge point.

And the multiple patriots drops were way out of character.

Agreed about that last drive decision... i was like okay game over for patriots. Then despite having one of the best players you possibly can in your back field, you throw the ball and give the patriots a huge shot to tie the game. :dunno:

Regardless

GO 49ERS!!!! FUCK THE RAVENS haha

gpomp
01-21-2013, 03:24 PM
jwOh5qoAdv0

Mibz
01-22-2013, 07:44 AM
They had a bunch of those "bad lip reading" clips on OTR last night, fucking hilarious.