PDA

View Full Version : Auburn Bay good rental?

Asian_defender
01-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Saw a couple good deals in Auburn Bay, Anyone know how good the rental market is there? Looking at an invesment property there.
Checked rentfaster.ca and only saw a few listings in Auburn Bay so I dont know how good the area is.

ercchry
01-13-2013, 04:50 PM
new hospital=good

the reason you dont see many is cause they are all rented out! there is a super low vacancy rate in calgary right now

j-skillz
01-22-2013, 05:00 AM
yea im in cranston right across. its a good bet i heard a bunch of development deals went down because of the new hospital. more development = safer investment and possible increase in value.:thumbsup:

vtec4life
01-22-2013, 09:24 AM
If you buy a townhouse/starter home in Auburn Bay you could have it rented out within 24 hrs of getting possession, people are fighting for places to live right now.

We put up a townhouse in New Brighton last week and had 6 people come see it within 2 days and they all wanted it.

roopi
01-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by vtec4life
If you buy a townhouse/starter home in Auburn Bay you could have it rented out within 24 hrs of getting possession, people are fighting for places to live right now.

We put up a townhouse in New Brighton last week and had 6 people come see it within 2 days and they all wanted it.

What type of rent were you asking? Size of townhouse? Just trying to get an idea as I'll have a house in Cranston available for rent later this year.

Asian_defender
01-22-2013, 01:39 PM
thanks for the advice guys, looks like I will be morning forward and making an offer then :thumbsup:

heavyfuel
01-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Just remember to screen your tenants real real good and don't cut any corners with safety and maintenance, it's a two way street and and if you do your part to be a proper landlord you might have happier tenants that won't give you any issues.

JordanLotoski
01-22-2013, 06:27 PM
I have a town home in Auburn Bay...Great investment

vtec4life
01-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by roopi

What type of rent were you asking? Size of townhouse? Just trying to get an idea as I'll have a house in Cranston available for rent later this year.

It's one of the York29 townhouses. I think its almost 1300 sq. ft. 2 bedrooms/2 ensuites.

put it up for 1600... should have gone 1700.

I live in cranston too : ) Built a semi-detached on the new south side across from that big field and baseball diamond. Been there since July and loving it! I did grow up in Mckenzie Lake so not too far from Momma's cooking LOL

Phl0xed
01-30-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm assuming that this market shortage would also apply to McKenzie Towne then as well?

Just finished building a 2 bedroom townhouse in MT that I'm currently living in. Only see myself being in it for a couple of years now that the woman is finishing up university. Really been debating what to do with the place after I decide to upgrade. Rent it out or sell? Pretty new to the real estate game so my indecision is definitely more ignorance than anything.

ercchry
01-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Phl0xed
I'm assuming that this market shortage would also apply to McKenzie Towne then as well?

Just finished building a 2 bedroom townhouse in MT that I'm currently living in. Only see myself being in it for a couple of years now that the woman is finishing up university. Really been debating what to do with the place after I decide to upgrade. Rent it out or sell? Pretty new to the real estate game so my indecision is definitely more ignorance than anything.

when its time to make up your mind... test the market. throw it up on rentfaster for more than you would want out of it... if it rents, it rents. if not, sell it :dunno: