PDA

View Full Version : London Pass, worthwhile?

r0g3r
01-13-2013, 10:02 PM
I'm going to London in february (originally planned december but delayed)

so wondering, is it worth getting the london pass or just go to shit individually?

what are some worth while places to go?

Thanks for your input

jampack
01-13-2013, 11:34 PM
We did not get London pass when we went to London last December but I do think it's still worthwhile to get. It saves you money.

We also went to Paris where we purchased a Paris pass which is basically the same but you get to see more stuff in Paris really.

If you will be there for a few days, for sure, it is worth it. :)

Check out their website where the pass is applicable and plan your journey from there. London has good transportation system but never got the chance to try it as we were mostly in Nottingham when we were there.

Have a good trip :)

r0g3r
01-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Thanks man

I'm planning to be in Paris for few days too, well.. Only 2 days. Worth getting Parispass or just ggo tomain things alone?

I know ythese passes cover the lots of attractions but if I'm notonly in pParis for 2 days not sure I'dworthwhile

Dave P
01-14-2013, 10:03 AM
If your going to be out a lot, and using the train. Its definetly worth it. I was there for a week in sept, and it paid for itself by just using it for transit.

jampack
01-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
If your going to be out a lot, and using the train. Its definetly worth it. I was there for a week in sept, and it paid for itself by just using it for transit.

This. Although Paris pass is separate from their pass for transit system, they do come in a package. Their transit system is awesome but the way how Paris is packed with people now, watch out for pick-pocketers, it is known for that :)

For 2 days there, it may not be worth it to get the pass as both Louvre and Versailles Palace will already take most of your day. Please, do NOT FORGET to go to both of those places.. They are a MUST! :) (although really, it's only the Mona Lisa that interested us at the Louvre, hehe). LOTS of places to go in Paris. I wish you could stay longer over there.

Be safe :)

JordanEG6
01-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Definitely. The Metro takes you everywhere is very efficient in both time and locations. An Oyster card is inexpensive and is the way to go.

For Paris, I didn't use the metro, but we killed 2 birds with one stone by buying a tour pass for the double decker bus and used that to sight-see and as transportation. I used the Metro to the Versailles and when the buses weren't available.