PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Problems

buzzbomber85gt
02-15-2004, 12:00 PM
Alright here is the list:
1) hesitation....only happens when the car hits proper temperature at 180*. started doing this after I put in the new thermostat after the old one was froze and stuck wide open causing the car to make no power from over cooling and never hittig a right temperature. I did reset the ecu and it helped for a while but it still does it. nothing is clogged in the cooling system so I am leaning towards it being something fuel related. I replaced the fuel pump this summer with a 255lph supra pump and it works great. I also put a brand new hi-flo fuel filter in the mix and cleaned the injectors and tb. Wierd thing is that it causes the whole freakin car to jolt at highway speed and if I shut the key off and turn it back on it acts like it's fixed for about 1min. and then does it again. it pisses me off. I do have some other things to check like plugs(I did replace them not long ago, but you never know if it runs lean or rich) and the tps. I can stop the car when it hesitates and it will idle fine. whats up with this?
2) headlights do not go up and down. they turn on and work great but the motors do not act right. I can twist the knobs to force them up and down and it kicks itself kind of back into possition when the headlights are on and this is making me believe that it may be a relay or wiring. I checked the fuses and they are still good. I am going to hook them up to a direct power source to see if they are still good motors, but if they are what is causing this?
3) my clutch is fucked. I have good pedal feel and all when the cylinder is full of fluid but it leaks all over the carpet on the drivers side. I have to fill the damn thing like every day. I looked up under the dash on the drivers side and I cant see shit for a line or anything that could be leaking. I know that bleeding isnt going to do anything. I dont think the master cylinder or slave cylinder is bad I think it is just the line to the clutch.
Just seeing how good you guys are on here and how much you guys know:D So lets see:thumbsup:

CelicaST-162
02-15-2004, 12:07 PM
I will start with 1 and 3
1 Check and replace if need be wires, plugs, cap n rotor (22RE's are bad for this)

3 Sounds like your clutch master cylinder is gone, happened on my celica, corolla, and buddys toyota truck (Older toyota clutch master cylinders or bad for that too). Hope that helps!:thumbsup:

buzzbomber85gt
02-15-2004, 04:07 PM
why would it only hesitate at proper temperature and not before it hits that if it is in the wires and distributor??
i figured it is my clutch master cylinder.

Strugari
02-16-2004, 10:43 AM
I would try the coolant temperature sensor. If it is not sending the right info to the ECU this could cause your problem.

My thought would be to check the headlight motors. Do they both do the same thing, and did they both start acting up at the same time?

buzzbomber85gt
02-16-2004, 12:04 PM
i reset the ecu man. the headlight motors ahave always never gone up or down since i bought the car. I will mess with all this crap today and see what i accomplish.

Strugari
02-16-2004, 04:40 PM
Resetting the ECU will not correct the problem if it is a sensor. The ECU processes information from a variety of sensors and then tells the car how to run. On some cars you have do disconnect the coolant sensor to set the timing. With the sensor unplugged, the vehicle runs like crap! It was only a suggestion.

buzzbomber85gt
02-16-2004, 07:53 PM
ok I'll ask a celica 22r forum I'm on where exactly and how to adjust the coolant sensor.