PDA

View Full Version : Edc 2013

dj_patm
01-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Roll Call??

Me and my buddies Montreal F1 trip fell through so a couple of us have splintered off and are buying tickets this week to EDC.

Who's been? Lets hear some stories.

fly_26
01-15-2013, 10:38 PM
I went last year and am going again this year. Had an absolute blast - don't expect very much sleep and come prepared to party. I'm on the go right now but a few quick points; feel free to ask anything.

- in my opinion VIP isn't worth it unless you have the cash to blow. You get an elevated area for some of the stages but I personally preferred to be in the crowd, and for access to a private bar didn't really think it was worth it. There is a separate entrance line but generally the lines went by fast for the smogu t of people thee

- get a shuttle pass, or at the very least book one of those private busses to get you to and from. There we people who didn't have either and were cabbing and due to the traffic were shelling out over 100 each way.

- if you plan on going to pool parties (and you should go to at least one), pre-order the ticket online and you should have no problem getting in as long as you come early enough

- Vegas during any time is pretty bumpin but during edc it's just at another level. You've got 100k extra people there solely to party, it's a very cool vibe walking around

- the grounds are absolutely huge and it takes the first day to figure out how to make your way around, but all of the stages are really cool and they really put a great deal of effort into the artwork and costumes

- hearing your favorite song or watching your favorite dj while with your buddies and partying your ass off while fireworks are going off, it's almost an overload on your mind

K3RMiTdot
01-16-2013, 12:04 AM
im going this year as well, interested in a couple stories..

for those who are going this year. have you already purchased flight and hotel?

JordanAndrew
01-16-2013, 12:49 AM
I went last year for EDC week.

Here are some tips that I can give you:

**I highly recommend getting in vegas either on the monday before the weekend of EDC or at the very least the Wednesday prior to the EDC weekend. A lot of hotels end up fully booked and the line ups to get into your hotel room can go anywhere from 1hour-4hours. People that are coming in right on the day off, expect to line up just to get a hotel checked in at around 2-4 hours.

**Definitely get the shuttle pass. It is worth it and it ends up being cheaper than cabbing or hiring a separate shuttle of your own. You're not really allowed to drink in the shuttle bus, but of course you can sneak it in anyways.

**Don't bring a normal back-pack. Bring a small back pack if you plan to bring one. They will make you throw your back pack out if it ends up being too big. I found that bringing a small back pack is the way to go to store my water bottle and other shit.

**Having mentioned water bottles, you are not allowed to bring your own water bottles in the venue. They obviously sell them inside but they do sell those EDC water bottles which cost $10 each and you can just use their water stations to refill as many times as you want. The refill stations are filtered water which will cost you $0 to do.

**During EDC week, a lot of the top DJ's are all in town which means that there will be lots of pool parties during the day and good clubbing at night time. If you plan to attend those, buy them online before you even get to Vegas. They sell out.

**Cellphone reception is terrible in EDC (Las vegas motor speedway) since it's in the middle of the desert. Text messaging still works but expect huge delays of up to 5 hours at times before it even gets to them. My suggestion would be is to buy a set of walk talkies and use that to communicate if there are a lot of you. That or set up hourly meetings at a designated place to keep in touch throughout the night.

**Take tons of photos and high quality photos. EDC is one of the most intense visual and eargasmic events that you will experience in your life.

**I highly recommend booking your hotel/flight fairly soon as the prices tend to just go up. The demand just gets higher and it just ends up driving the prices higher.

**Find out where the shuttle busses stop, see if they line up with the hotels that you're going to stay at. I've name a few.. Monte Carlo, MGM, Mandala Bay, circus circus, etc.

**Speaking of shuttle passes, they can be picked up at any of the designated hotel stops just to answer that question that will arise later on. We picked ours at our hotel, Monte Carlo.

**In my opinion, it is best to book your hotel right at the new las vegas strip as it is easy access to almost everything.

**Bring sunglasses to the event. I know this sounds douche but it gets pretty bright with so many light shows going on that it made sense to wear some sunglasses at times. haha! Just buy a cheap pair and call it a day.

**VIP is definitely not worth it unless you really got a lot of money to blow. The VIP access is crap and was all the way in the back. Plus it just makes more sense to be part of the crowd during EDC anyways.

**The rides are included in the admission. Get on some rides in the earlier parts of the night and in the middle. The line ups for the rides weren't that bad actually.

**Download the EDC app when you get to Vegas. Some hotels have free wifi access in their lobby so as soon as they release the app for EDC, download it. It has vital informations such as DJ line ups for all weekend as well as a well drawn map. It's pretty convenient. =)

**Eat before you go to EDC. Their food at the grounds were not only crap but they were also over priced. Seriously, none of the food tasted good. I tried all of them. I guess the hot dog tasted ok but that was because I was starving and didn't get any food all day.. LOL!!!

**Take your time to explore the grounds. Like someone mentioned already, it is huge. There are tons of interactive arts everywhere. Moving fire breathing metal objects, glowing electric daisy, etc.

**Try not to wear dress shoes. If anything, I suggest wearing runners. You'll thank me for this advice later.

**Use the real washrooms right from where you start getting in instead of using the porto potties. The real washrooms is located right by the gates.

**Don't forget to bring the credit card that you purchased your EDC tickets or you'll have a hard time getting your ticket. Also, bring your passport as they have a completely separate line for passport holders. It almost worked out to be a VIP line since most attendees are US citizens in which case they need to line up using their state ID's instead. Definitely a win for international attendees.

That's all I have for now. Oh and one more thing to consider this year..... Pascal (EDC Founder) mentioned that he doesn't intend to book too many big headliners to this year's EDC. He mentioned that he wanted to invest more on the experience and less about the DJ's. He wants to promote local DJ's he says.

It's one of the reasons why I'm kinda on the fence if I wanna go again this year. Here's the article about it.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/touring/electric-daisy-founder-pasquale-rotella-1007272952.story#jrUWEzyg6fQQDIiM.99

And last but not least... watch this epic trailer.. haha!

wBiwEFGf90Q

JAYMEZ
01-16-2013, 03:12 AM
Yup going! Got backstage passes and going to do a bunch of photoshoots :thumbsup:

403ep3
01-16-2013, 09:14 AM
I'm so jealous and I want to go so bad. Unfortunately I've been to Vegas like 5 times in the past four years and should really go somewhere new. Maybe next year!

DENZILDON
01-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by 403ep3
I'm so jealous and I want to go so bad. Unfortunately I've been to Vegas like 5 times in the past four years and should really go somewhere new. Maybe next year!

Here's a good excuse..."there's always something new in Vegas"!!! :thumbsup:

dj_patm
01-16-2013, 12:06 PM
Nice write ups guys. Making me fucking stoked.

I'm not too worried about the line up. I have a hard time believing they would make it worse.

I'm holding my fingers crossed for a new Daft Punk cd this year and them headling EDC ;)

JordanAndrew
01-16-2013, 06:26 PM
***If you wanted to go clubbing make sure you bring a collared shirt/dress shirt or YOU WILL NOT BE LET IN.

***Same goes with runners when going clubbing. Don't even try it, just wear dress shoes when you go clubbing or YOU WILL GET DENIED.

dj_patm
01-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Yeah, I was in Vegas this summer so I'm fimiliar with Vegas Clubs.

Don't plan on going clubbing at all though. Only going for EDC, cause like I said I was just in Vegas.

lauphman
01-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Wooo all booked up, driving down for Thursday staying 5 nights at MGM, general admission edc, and a shuttle pass. Can't wait!

lauphman
06-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Only 15 more days!!

one of my friends backed out and is selling his ticket at cost, please pm me for contact info.

e-PRse6jsiE

Hi-Psi
06-07-2013, 02:52 PM
I'll be there with 10 friends, can't wait!

Jason

K3RMiTdot
06-08-2013, 07:28 PM
i cant wait!

diamondedge
06-18-2013, 11:45 PM
BUMP

T minus 3 days SOOO STORKED

Yes I know I typed storked I'm so stoked.

fly_26
06-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Head out tomorrow, so excited!!