PDA

View Full Version : Goodlife Fitness rates?

heavyfuel
01-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Does anybody have an individual membership at Goodlife? I'd like to know how much the monthly cost is, of course they can't put that information on their websites and I'm not gonna fall into the obvious marketing trap of going in there before I know what it costs. Thanks

ajooo
01-15-2013, 02:23 PM
why dont you just call

Xtrema
01-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Different depends on when you joined. I heard they did a rate increase in 2013. Only old member get old rate grandfathered.

I pay $25 for 2 weeks. My contract just expired and they said letting it run month to month now is cheaper than new contracts.

G-ZUS
01-15-2013, 02:58 PM
"We are a private club and can't give that information out over the phone" :rofl:

maxomilll
01-15-2013, 02:58 PM
yeah i pay about $50 bucks a month, 1 year contract $25 bi-weekly $100 to cancel.

Dren
01-15-2013, 03:28 PM
Its worth it buying the contracts used off other people..can get some good rates:

ie :

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-services-fitness-personal-trainer-Goodlife-Fitness-W0QQAdIdZ447343410

Dren
01-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Also, wanted to say that since they took over golds gym the rates have gone up. They have different membership types that allow the member to use all good life gyms or the just one

heavyfuel
01-15-2013, 04:37 PM
I stopped in, $59 activation fee or smnthn, and $52 month after that.

And yeah, a few other places I just called, and they were unbelievably rude and condescending, I wish I was busy enough to tell people to fuck off 7-8 hundred bucks at a time. I think I'm just gonna go for it, the rude fucks at the other places made my decision for me and I need a 24 hr place anyways.

zipdoa
01-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by heavyfuel
I stopped in, $59 activation fee or smnthn, and $52 month after that.

And yeah, a few other places I just called, and they were unbelievably rude and condescending, I wish I was busy enough to tell people to fuck off 7-8 hundred bucks at a time. I think I'm just gonna go for it, the rude fucks at the other places made my decision for me and I need a 24 hr place anyways.

Only 24hr Gym I know of is Golds Gym in the ghetto

JfuckinC
01-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

i wish i still lived up there.. their equipment is unreal!

tobypaddock
01-15-2013, 04:46 PM
i pay $22 biweekly

heavyfuel
01-15-2013, 04:52 PM

Good life by Westhills is 24hr, so is the Gold's at Northland which appears to be Good life now, but I'd rather not go anywhere near a Gold's gym

Originally posted by tobypaddock
i pay $22 biweekly

How long ago did you get your membership? I'm planning on paying for a year up front, and reading and understanding every last little bit of fine print on the contract before I part with a dime, I will NOT fall victim to any gym's trickery.

A790
01-15-2013, 05:11 PM
I pay $22 biweekly, signed up in August.

schocker
01-15-2013, 05:38 PM

The anytime fitnesses are 24hrs because you have a little key fob but they are quite small.

trollolhah
01-15-2013, 05:53 PM
2-year 22$ bi-weekly no activation fee, on second year

Perfect Dark
01-15-2013, 06:07 PM
My wife's had a membership with Goodlife since they opened the gym in Coventry...she pays $17/biweekly and that includes the ability to go to any Goodlife gym, it used to be $11/biweekly.

I guess prices have gone up a little haha.

zipdoa
01-16-2013, 08:29 AM

Good life by Westhills is 24hr, so is the Gold's at Northland which appears to be Good life now, but I'd rather not go anywhere near a Gold's gym

Goodlife Northland + Goodlife Eau Claire (both formerly golds) are closed at midnight and 11pm during the weekdays respectively, and 8PM on the weekend. It sucks.

heavyfuel
01-16-2013, 09:20 AM
At least it's not a Gold's anymore. But they are open 24 hrs 4 days/week it seems.

http://www.goodlifefitness.com/GetSchedule.aspx?schedid=15232

zipdoa
01-18-2013, 09:58 AM
At least it's not a Gold's anymore. But they are open 24 hrs 4 days/week it seems.

http://www.goodlifefitness.com/GetSchedule.aspx?schedid=15232

Dunno where you're getting those hours, but northland goodlife is closed at midnight during the week and 8pm on weekends

http://www.goodlifefitness.com/ClubDetails.aspx?ClubNo=250

Dren
01-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Just a FYI

there is this promo

http://www.goodlifefitness.com/carp/

https://secure.cdsglobal.ca/carp/subscriptions/single

CARP membership for two is 15/year

heavyfuel
01-18-2013, 05:46 PM

kvg
01-18-2013, 06:10 PM
I used to pay 30/month until about a month ago when I ended it.

rob the knob
01-18-2013, 06:16 PM
make sure you send by registered mail with proof of signature delivery
otherwise they will say lose your form and charge for year
serious

Got a membership, paid a year up front, thought I had my anxiety under control, NOPE. Went there at 9 last night and melted the fuck down cuz it was too packed, went home went to bed that mental episode drained me physically more than if I worked out for 3 hrs straight. On the back of the contract is says I can rescind it within 10 days in writing, DONE! Only thing I have in common with gym freak health nuts is, we're all going to die. Difference is, I've accepted it. The demons that have me, they have each and every one of you too. You all just don't know it yet. Good luck with your futile quest for perfection.

heavyfuel
01-18-2013, 07:46 PM

kvg
01-18-2013, 08:05 PM
I'd still do the registered letter thing, just in case.

heavyfuel
01-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by kvg
I'd still do the registered letter thing, just in case.

Can't hurt. Might just do that.

rob the knob
01-19-2013, 03:21 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2011/biggymripoff/

i know workout in small power gym. before got ripped by chain gym. no more. did research, read above.

Tik-Tok
01-23-2015, 10:30 PM
Bump.

What are people paying these days for multi-location memberships? (2 or 3)

ddduke
01-23-2015, 10:46 PM
I pay 45/month, signed a 1 year and I didn't discuss multiple locations but I rotate Richmond, Eau Claire and Deerfoot Mall and haven't never had an issue. I also refused to pay any sort of sign up fee when I joined.

chathamf
01-24-2015, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by ddduke
I pay 45/month, signed a 1 year and I didn't discuss multiple locations but I rotate Richmond, Eau Claire and Deerfoot Mall and haven't never had an issue. I also refused to pay any sort of sign up fee when I joined.

How is the Eau Claire location? Starting working downtown on Monday and getting off work around three. Thinking may be less busy there around 3 than Northland when I'd get close to home around 4ish.

jwslam
01-24-2015, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by chathamf
How is the Eau Claire location? Starting working downtown on Monday and getting off work around three. Thinking may be less busy there around 3 than Northland when I'd get close to home around 4ish.
Eau Claire used to be a Gold's so it's got more power lifter equipment than say, the new Stephen Ave location which is all about glam; and it's a weird layout because of the heritage building blah blah blah.

Not sure about how busy at 3pm since I'm at work. 4pm at Northland is probably still ok until 5 when people from dt make it there on the way home. Plus it's still January so you haven't seen all the new-year's-resolution people taper off yet.

turbotrip
01-24-2015, 12:41 PM
I'm paying $21 biweekly

Tik-Tok
01-24-2015, 12:47 PM
Thanks guys, good to know. Was deciding between Goodlife and the gym closest to my work, but it's pretty much the same price, so I think I'll go to Goodlife just so I don't have to drive near work on my days off :rofl:

chathamf
01-24-2015, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Thanks guys, good to know. Was deciding between Goodlife and the gym closest to my work, but it's pretty much the same price, so I think I'll go to Goodlife just so I don't have to drive near work on my days off :rofl:

I've been going to GoodLife for well over a year now and really no complaints. Gyms all over the place. Decent price. Pretty good gyms for the most part.

chathamf
01-24-2015, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

Eau Claire used to be a Gold's so it's got more power lifter equipment than say, the new Stephen Ave location which is all about glam; and it's a weird layout because of the heritage building blah blah blah.

Not sure about how busy at 3pm since I'm at work. 4pm at Northland is probably still ok until 5 when people from dt make it there on the way home. Plus it's still January so you haven't seen all the new-year's-resolution people taper off yet.

I thought I remembered the Eau Claire location not being part of the deal where you can use any location. Is this true? Thought you needed a membership just for Eau Claire.

jwslam
01-26-2015, 09:30 AM
I've been going to GoodLife for well over a year now and really no complaints. Gyms all over the place. Decent price. Pretty good gyms for the most part.
http://www.thestar.com/business/2015/01/20/goodlife-fitness-considers-target-sites-for-growth.html

I thought I remembered the Eau Claire location not being part of the deal where you can use any location. Is this true? Thought you needed a membership just for Eau Claire.
http://www.goodlifefitness.com/memberships/default.aspx
"One Club", "Multi-Club", or "ALL Clubs".
I'm on all and I've gotten into All Co-Ed in Calgary, the Calgary Trail one in Edmonton, the one at Yonge/Dundas, and some random one in Vaughan. :dunno:

Tik-Tok
01-26-2015, 10:48 AM
I joined yesterday, the Deerfoot Mall location being 24/7 is nice. Getting to work out at 2am Sunday night before work is definitely an upside.

riander5
01-26-2015, 10:58 AM
Goodlife has been great to me, had a year memebership twice in the past 5 years that i ended, never overcharged or anything shady.

WCP fitness downtown on the other hand overcharged me for 5 months and then said they lost the paperwork so there was no proof of me cancelling. Fucking twats. Also my fault for not catching it way sooner.

I pay 33$/month at GL

gqmw
01-26-2015, 01:40 PM
Pay $45/month at GL. Haven't had any issues with them and I've been there over 3 years. I've always gotten good service every time I've called in to change something (ie. banking information, etc.).

V6-BoI
01-26-2015, 02:10 PM
I pay $25.20 tax in bi-weekly. So far no complaints. The new Deerfoot location is pretty nice and big. I've never seen a gym with 6 squat racks before.

topsecret
02-02-2015, 03:16 PM
I pay 22.5/2 weeks. The one up in beacon hill is 24 hrs as well as the Richmond one, I go to multiple locations including Edmonton/St Albert and never had an issue.