PDA

View Full Version : Catz Galaxy White 9007 bulbs..

dtech
02-15-2004, 01:40 PM
Does anyone have the Catz Galaxy White 9007 bulbs installed? If so, can you show me some pics in action? I currently have the Piaa's extreme white plus bulbs but they produce a slight yellowish tint which i really dislike. I'm looking for a non HID aftermarket bulb that will produce pure white light...well light blue or purple tint is fine..nothing strong, just as long it doesn't have any yellowness present. I see that the Catz Galaxy whites burn at 4300k, so i assume its pure white with a touch of purpleness. I'm just trying to match my fogs (piaa's extreme white h3) which burn at 4150k and its purely white, just like some lexus hid's, no kiddin. Anyways hope someone can help me with some pics and advice..... or any other recommendations? plz... you can either reply to this post or email me directly at "[email protected]" thanks in adv.!

KoukiS14
02-15-2004, 01:56 PM
Ive used Galaxy Whites, H1 bulb type. My result was a bluish color. My car however is equiped with projector lenses. That could alter the "look" of the light.

Im using the Fair Whites now. They produce a more whiter color.

KoukiS14
02-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Galaxy White.. 4300K

FiveFreshFish
02-15-2004, 02:15 PM
Actually, 4300 K is slightly yellowish. "White" light (sunlight) is about 5600 K.

dtech
02-15-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Actually, 4300 K is slightly yellowish. "White" light (sunlight) is about 5600 K.

LoL are you serious? From the kelvin charts, after 4000k, you should be pretty much pure white.... anyhow, hope someone with a 9007 bulb size post a pic, ehehe but thanks

FiveFreshFish
02-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by dtech

LoL are you serious? From the kelvin charts, after 4000k, you should be pretty much pure white.... anyhow, hope someone with a 9007 bulb size post a pic, ehehe but thanks

Yup, however 4300 K is close enough to white that it appears to be to your eyes, especially compared side-by-side most other cars with halogen bulbs burning at at 3200 K.

http://www.3drender.com/glossary/colortemp.htm

Here's a picture of my 4300 K Philips D2S HID bulbs. They appear white enough to me but there are a lot of things not considered, like the colour correction my digicam might have applied, ambient lighting conditions, paint colour of the wall, and the colour setings of the computer monitors of each person viewing this.

dtech
02-15-2004, 04:17 PM
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=173908

If you check that link out, scroll down to the pics, thats my ride and the lights.......lol i know i shot it during the day, but you can still see the diff. from my fogs and heads. The corner parking lights have Piaa's Super LED's installed, so thats out of the comparison topic, eheh. If you look closely though, you will notice the fogs are really white, even during the day.... it gives off this purple glare, but mainly white. I'm just saying to myself...if those h3's in my fogs can produce that color of light, than there has to be a bulb at 9007 size which should do the same..... anyways that HID night pic is clean....the intensity of the light just blinds me, eheh. well.... still waiting on some Catz Galaxy White 9007 bulbs in action pics!! :banghead: