PDA

View Full Version : Suspension/ Expierence with PDM

africano
02-15-2004, 04:43 PM
This is a two part question:

1. What is the best suspension setup for a 240sx, both of these will later have Tein coilovers added to them.
a.) Energy suspension bushings, Apex-i strut tower braces, and suspension technique sway bars.
b.) Complete Whiteline bushings set with sway bars and strut tower braces.

The Whiteline setup costs a bit less right now because PDM Racing is having a winter sale. Which leads to my next question, has anyone here had experience with PDM, I know the big brake kit they sell is overpriced, but how was your experience with them. Another thing is anyone out there running with whiteline parts?, they're from australia so they should be good.

http://www.whiteline.com.au/

http://www.pdm-racing.com/

Boost Infested
02-15-2004, 05:16 PM
don is very helpful, great guy. :thumbsup:

i think whiteline products are great!

i would pick whiteline over Energy Susp'. whiteline's swaybars are adjustable. the only adj swaybar for 240sx.

if you use all whiteline bushings and swaybars, your car will be pretty stiff. its not easy to press in the new bushings.

GTS Jeff
02-15-2004, 05:31 PM
i have not actually bought anything from pdm, but i have looked into whiteline stuff a lot and ive dealt with pdm (don) a bunch. heres what ive found, both good and bad:

-a lot of people on club4ag dont like whiteline stuff
-the whiteline stuff isnt much cheaper than jdm stuff, its just a lot more convenient to acquire thru pdm
-some whiteline stuff is a good deal, some stuff is ridiculously overpriced ($1100 for 4 shocks, fuck that)
-the whiteline shocks are supposedly modified koni yellows, but they cost wayyyy more than unmodified yellows. when i emailed them asking why i should pay more for their shocks, they just told me that how they modify the shocks is a secret. lol ok, like im gona buy it then.
-don was somewhat rude and condescending to me until i sounded more serious about buying.
-don is quick to reply
-heres what i dont really like at all - PDM is a canadian company, yet their website lists USD prices, yet u have to pay in canadian funds at THEIR exchange rate!
-don knows his shit about cars
-they dont do discounts

as of now, i would buy from pdm if i wanted whiteline (their customer service isnt great, but its not THAT bad either). in fact, i still might pick up a set of sways from them in the future.

Boost Infested
02-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
i have not actually bought anything from pdm, but i have looked into whiteline stuff a lot and ive dealt with pdm (don) a bunch. heres what ive found, both good and bad:

-a lot of people on club4ag dont like whiteline stuff
-the whiteline stuff isnt much cheaper than jdm stuff, its just a lot more convenient to acquire thru pdm
-some whiteline stuff is a good deal, some stuff is ridiculously overpriced ($1100 for 4 shocks, fuck that)
-the whiteline shocks are supposedly modified koni yellows, but they cost wayyyy more than unmodified yellows. when i emailed them asking why i should pay more for their shocks, they just told me that how they modify the shocks is a secret. lol ok, like im gona buy it then.
-don was somewhat rude and condescending to me until i sounded more serious about buying.
-don is quick to reply
-heres what i dont really like at all - PDM is a canadian company, yet their website lists USD prices, yet u have to pay in canadian funds at THEIR exchange rate!
-don knows his shit about cars
-they dont do discounts

as of now, i would buy from pdm if i wanted whiteline (their customer service isnt great, but its not THAT bad either). in fact, i still might pick up a set of sways from them in the future.

who are you? why would he give you discounts? your just another customer.... if i was the owner i would do the same too. too many people call for pricing and they want it cheap. i would be tired too. as for us dollars with canadian shops, i think its fine, they have more us customers than canadian customers. you know the price will be higher if he list all the products in cdn.

GTS Jeff
02-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Boost Infested

who are you? why would he give you discounts? your just another customer.... if i was the owner i would do the same too. too many people call for pricing and they want it cheap. i would be tired too. as for us dollars with canadian shops, i think its fine, they have more us customers than canadian customers. you know the price will be higher if he list all the products in cdn.

-im jeff, i drive a corolla, and im looking for a shop to help me with my suspension needs.
-i wanted to buy a lot of stuff at once, so i expect a discount of some sort. that and i may be a repeat customer if i am taken care of properly. these arent new concepts and many other shops are happy to do this.
-and if u are the owner and get tired of ppl asking for discounts, find a new job!! its a part of the job description to deal with customers looking for a good deal. wouldnt u agree?
-how would prices of a product depend on what currency its listed at? last i checked, the price we pay is dependant on 2 things, cost of the product and gross profit.

anyway, what im wondering is why are u getting pissy at me. im not trashing pdm at all, im just posting my experiences, both good and bad. regardless, u shouldnt be trying to start shit just because we have different opinions. u have your opinions and ive got mine, so fuck off.

Boost Infested
02-15-2004, 06:05 PM
so fuck off.

i am not getting pissy, if you are, just rub one out buddy.

its ok, we still love you. :drama:

FiveFreshFish
02-15-2004, 06:07 PM
-how would prices of a product depend on what currency its listed at? last i checked, the price we pay is dependant on 2 things, cost of the product and gross profit.

If the merchant posts his price in Canadian dollars but has to buy the goods in US dollars, he needs to hedge a bit on the exchange rate if the product is not already in his inventory. In other words, the exchange rate affects the cost of the product if they haven't already bought it.

GTS Jeff
02-15-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Boost Infested

i am not getting pissy, if you are, just rub one out buddy.

its ok, we still love you. :drama: well honestly man, i am kinda pissy. i usually am when someone runs their shit on me asking me who i am to be expressing my opinion. wouldnt u? :confused: