PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Honda Dealership/Salesperson (Not going back to Village Honda)

chconline
01-18-2013, 11:36 AM
Right now I am looking at a 2013 Accord Touring I4 Sedan 6MT. Can anyone recommend a Honda dealership/salesperson? Also is it advisable to buy the car now since it is a new model? I am not in a hurry for a new car, but if I strike a decent enough deal, I'll be happy to sign some papers.

HiSpec
01-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Airdrie Honda.
Wayne or Patrick.

4doorj
01-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Dave Long at t and t honda

cr0n1c
01-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Chae at Calgary Honda.

Sorath
01-18-2013, 01:10 PM
wayne luong/patrick li airdrie honda. They are also the sales managers there

tell either Kasem sent you :thumbsup:

The_1
01-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Gonna have to say wayne at airdrie honda

HeyKai
01-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Berton Field or Kerry Lewis at Okotoks Honda

4doorj
01-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by HeyKai
Berton Field or Kerry Lewis at Okotoks Honda
I've also dealth with berton as well. Awesome service from him too.

chconline
01-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Looks like Airdrie Honda it is. I'll be giving Patrick or Wayne a call :D

Thanks a lot guys, appreciate it!

M.alex
01-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Man up and build your own car; then you don't have to get held hostage by stealerships

Aleks
01-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Patrick Li is a great guy to deal with (Airdrie Honda). However, if you have a trade in don't expect much from any dealer. They still have to put it on their lot and sell it and yeah your offer willl likely be below CBB.

Best thing to do is try to sell it yourself. You should be able to get more money than they offer including any GST savings.

chconline
01-19-2013, 12:49 AM
Fair enough. I never expect a high trade for my car, it's just the cost of convenience I guess. I'll probably sell it privately this time.

Either way, I just hate to be lied to in my face, that's all. Those "talk to my manager" and "I am on your side" crap is really getting old.

top_speed
01-19-2013, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
wayne luong/patrick li airdrie honda. They are also the sales managers there

tell either Kasem sent you :thumbsup:

^ Do you work at T&T honda??

amear
01-19-2013, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by HiSpec
Airdrie Honda.
Wayne or Patrick.

yepp both are good guys!

K3RMiTdot
01-19-2013, 02:58 AM
got my car from patrick when he was still at t&t

VWEvo
01-19-2013, 05:46 AM
I just went from having a terrible experience at Honda West to having an amazing experience at okotoks honda

chconline
01-19-2013, 02:54 PM
It seems Honda West is a mixed bag, lol. I've read half the people saying Honda West is the best place ever, while the other half is saying it is the worst dealership in Calgary. From my limited experience there (A few years ago) they seemed quite straightforward in a no BS fashion. I called around and asked for pricing for a Civic Si, they just gave me a "take it or leave it" deal -- which was barely above invoice, not to mention it was significantly cheaper than Crowfoot Honda even if I tried to negotiate.

Either way, it seems like Airdrie Honda is the consensus, thanks everyone :)

chconline
02-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Ended up going to Okotoks Honda. Asif, the General Manager, gave me an absolutely UNREAL price on the car. Actually he gave me an awesome quote via email already after a 5 minute chat on the phone. When I went there, he FURTHER reduced the price (!) AND threw in a few accessories to seal the deal. I have never purchased a car where they actually made it even better when I got there.

The people there also made my experience excellent -- the complete opposite of a stereotypical "stealership". No BS from anyone, and the F&I process was straightforward. It was definitely worth the drive. The deal was so good, it would have been embarrassing for me to even try to get anything more off. Okotoks Honda is a true winner in my books. It puts some other dealerships I've been to in the past to shame.

Sugarphreak
02-03-2013, 05:14 PM

VWEvo
02-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by chconline
Ended up going to Okotoks Honda. Asif, the General Manager, gave me an absolutely UNREAL price on the car. Actually he gave me an awesome quote via email already after a 5 minute chat on the phone. When I went there, he FURTHER reduced the price (!) AND threw in a few accessories to seal the deal. I have never purchased a car where they actually made it even better when I got there.

The people there also made my experience excellent -- the complete opposite of a stereotypical "stealership". No BS from anyone, and the F&I process was straightforward. It was definitely worth the drive. The deal was so good, it would have been embarrassing for me to even try to get anything more off. Okotoks Honda is a true winner in my books. It puts some other dealerships I've been to in the past to shame.

Exact same experience with Asif. Absolutely top notch. Well worth the long drive.

gyu
03-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Airdrie Honda and ask for Wayne (sales manager). Haven't seen or spoke to him in almost 3 years since I bought my car off of him, and he still remembers my name. Haven't had a bad experience here yet.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mitsu3000gt
03-28-2013, 03:38 PM
I am in the "happy with Honda West" camp. Zero BS sale, and didn't push things like paint protection, undercoat, etc. Their service department has been great too.

96GrandAMGT
03-28-2013, 04:11 PM
airdrie hondafor sure!!! i bought my 09 f150 there and they treated me like royalty! wayne made sure i was taken care of:thumbsup:

bigbadboss101
04-01-2013, 10:00 PM
I have a friend who recommended Burton Field in Okotoks. Many said they have a good service department. I met with Patrick Li from Airdrie Honda last week and instead of me making an offer he basically gave me a # as to what he can do. I know the Carcostcanada price and found the quote reasonable. Seems like a good straight up guy.

bourge73
05-02-2013, 06:42 AM
On Soraths/Kasems recommendation we went to see Wayne/Rick @ Airdrie Honda, and couldnt be happier that we did. We leased a 2013 CRV and the entire experience was stress and hassle free. Very friendly staff, professional (not overly though/geniune) and a left with a no BS good deal.

Would highly recommed this dealership to anyone. See Wayne or Rick tell them Joel/Kasem sent you. :thumbsup:

tirebob
05-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Bought my Accord from Airdrie Honda! Wayne is definitely a good guy, but I haven't run into anyone there yet that I don't like...

Aleks
05-02-2013, 08:26 AM
I actually even do all the Odyssey servicing at Airdrie Honda. Even though it's 40+kms one way for me it's worth it. Awsome service.

rpalm35
05-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Asif is an awesome guy. We've purchased two vehicles off of him, and would most definitely buy another when the time comes. He's super easy to deal with in any occasion, whether its buying a car, asking a question, or even resolving a problem.

Well worth the drive.

Originally posted by VWEvo

Exact same experience with Asif. Absolutely top notch. Well worth the long drive.

JLau
05-02-2013, 07:20 PM
+1 for Wayne or Patrick at Airdrie.

Craig for Honda West.

Tell them Jacky sent you, they will know me

prosh
06-03-2013, 05:19 PM
For those who went with Asif or Wayne or Craig, were they able to accommodate similar pricing found thru Car Cost Canada or Unhaggle for 'wholesale'?

Thanks,

bigbadboss101
06-07-2013, 09:52 AM
My purchasing experience at Airdrie Honda was very good and simple. Planning to bring car in for a recall and adjust my remote starter. The website mentioned shuttles and loaner cars are available but Alex told me the shuttle is local and they cannot take me from and to work in Calgary. And loaner car is for bigger jobs. So I don’t know about that. Not everyone can drop car off and have a friend pick him up. BMW would either shuttle me or pay for my taxi ride. Hopefully that would change because if that is the case a lot of Calgary owners would choose a local dealer instead.