PDA

View Full Version : Check out my band

x8xFLAREx8x
01-20-2013, 01:48 AM
I know its lame of me to be doing this but hey, we want to be heard.
If you like hard rock/ Heavy metal you might enjoy this

BREED OF WAR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwLAjY0erNs&feature=youtu.be

You can also download our album here
money is optional

http://breedofwarofficial.bandcamp.com/

Jeeper1986
01-20-2013, 02:01 AM
nice but not my cup of tea lol

FixedGear
01-20-2013, 10:18 AM
I think it's awesome

Kloubek
01-20-2013, 10:54 AM
That's actually pretty good for the genre.

Unfortunately, most people stopped listening to that genre about 2 decades ago so if the intention of this band is to simply make music and have fun with it, you guys are doing a great job. Honestly. It sounds very professional.

If it is to make money, I think you need to go a different direction, because this ain't gonna do it for you.

Rat Fink
01-20-2013, 11:09 AM

Graham_A_M
01-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Sweet. Good to see people are still keeping the metal scene ealive.

You guys sound great! I hope you're booking venues at places like Verns & Morgans pub.

Man, back when I used to play in a metal band (Train bigger monkeys) they fucking sucked. So my leaving was quite mutual. Too bad I've never came across bands with potential.
You guys have that said potential, so its cool to see you're from Calgary.

x8xFLAREx8x
01-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Thank you guys so much for the feedback!!
We are trying very hard to get up in the ranks as far as metal goes, and yup it's a tough ladder to climb.

Graham_A_M yeah we do play verns and whatnot :)
We actually just played our 3rd show since we've hit the scene at the Republik last week!!

If you wanna check us out at Vern's we are playing Feb. 16th :)

PS: My old bass player just joined TBM xD

Kijho
01-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Sounds really professional and well done, however it's
without a doubt not my taste - nor any of my friend's taste... or their friend's taste..
I can't see myself driving with the GF / friends to work / bars etc. playing this..
Can't see myself running / working out playing this...
Can't see myself enjoying a beer after work in a downtown pub playing this..

I strongly agree with what Kloubek said. :dunno:

Mibz
01-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Great stuff! I get an Ascendency vibe.

EDIT: I'm a huge fan of Burnt to Ruins

dj_rice
01-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Why is he yelling every word?Why not sing softly

SKR
01-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Unfortunately, most people stopped listening to that genre about 2 decades ago so if the intention of this band is to simply make music and have fun with it, you guys are doing a great job. Honestly. It sounds very professional.

If it is to make money, I think you need to go a different direction, because this ain't gonna do it for you.

Originally posted by Kijho
without a doubt not my taste - nor any of my friend's taste... or their friend's taste..
I can't see myself driving with the GF / friends to work / bars etc. playing this..
Can't see myself running / working out playing this...
Can't see myself enjoying a beer after work in a downtown pub playing this..

I strongly agree with what Kloubek said. :dunno:

Metal is probably stronger now than it's ever been. I know metal isn't everyone's thing because it's too much sound all at once, but you're either crazy or not paying attention if you don't see where music is and where it's going.

My laptop speakers are dogshit so I'll give it a listen when I can hear it better, but I like what I hear so far.

narou
01-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Holy shit good that track is good and I don't even like that type of music. Shit gave me chills bro. Keep it up.

ZEDGE

Say what? There's plenty of modern thrash type bands doing quite well. Hell even bands from 20 years ago are pumping out new CDs still.

without a doubt not my taste -

Should have stopped right there. You are obviously not a metal fan, this does not however mean that others are not. Metal is still very popular, just because its not played with all the other commercial garbage on Vibe or Virgin radio means very little, its always been this way for this genre of music.

Anyway, good stuff!

FixedGear
LOL, this thread should be off limits to people who don't know wtf metal is. :rofl:

looks like some of you need to read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_music :poosie:

EDIT: and yea Kloubek, I don't agree with you either! :D

ZEDGE
01-20-2013, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by FixedGear
LOL, this thread should be off limits to people who don't know wtf metal is. :rofl:

looks like some of you need to read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_music :poosie:

EDIT: and yea Kloubek, I don't agree with you either! :D

Indeed,, ITT people who don't listen or have any interest in metal telling us how no one listens to this type of music... :facepalm:

Should just go back to listening to the new Justin Timberlake single.. cause you know that's what people like.

I have no interest in gangster rap, neither do my friends, guess theres no audience for it then.

Kijho
01-20-2013, 03:00 PM
If you think the thread should be limited and you weren't looking for opinions from people who may not like the genre, why would you have posted it here on a public car enthusiast forum?

:dunno: :dunno:

Mibz
01-20-2013, 03:01 PM
If you think the thread should be limited and you weren't looking for opinions from people who may not like the genre, why would you have posted it here on a public car enthusiast forum?

:dunno: :dunno: OP never said those things, just some sensitive people :P

Kijho
01-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
OP never said those things, just some sensitive people :P

:rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
01-20-2013, 03:12 PM
That's WAY better than what I was expecting to hear. Just was streaming it in my car and my boy started dancing in his seat. haha

Not bad man!

Hallowed_point
01-20-2013, 03:26 PM
That was pretty awesome!! :thumbsup: :devil:

Just my opinion as far as constructive criticism: but I'd try
and shoot for keeping the song length at under 4 minutes..
short and sweet.

Kloubek
01-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by ZEDGE
Hell even bands from 20 years ago are pumping out new CDs still.

...and the only ones listening to them are people who have followed the band from earlier.

Maybe I'm just not as into the scene as I used to be, but I can't think of a single thrash band which is popular among many anymore. Perhaps popular with the people who still listen to that niche music and don't want to let go of the past, but I don't see how it can be said metal music is stronger than ever.

But whatever... the thread is not intended for a debate about what is popular and what isn't... it's about this particular band/song, and I still say it is well done.

Originally posted by Rat Fink
Just because you may have switched to Katy Perry doesn't mean the rest of the world has :D

Ha! Truth be known, there IS one Katy Perry song in my collection... but it is highly remixed into something different.

I'm actually still into a lot of heavier music from my past... Korn, NiN, Metallica, etc. And I still listen to some music which isn't completely dissimilar to what the OP posted - although I'm not generally into this kind of dry vocal singing.

ZEDGE
01-20-2013, 03:51 PM

But whatever... the thread is not intended for a debate about what is popular and what isn't... it's about this particular band/song, and I still say it is well done.

Exactly. And I think you are a bit out of the scene. ;)

I don't think people who obviously don't know the genre should be making broad statements about something they know nothing about. (Not you in particular)

Any doubt that metal is not popular still? One of many.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wacken_Open_Air

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=843Iilkdzm4

Plenty of young people enjoying this old band. :p

I'll shut up now.

x8xFLAREx8x
01-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Well I gotta say I didn't expect all that haha. But I regardless thanks everyone for checking it out regardless of if you like it or not. I think it'd be SICK to get some recognition in the future for the work that goes into it, but anyways if you liked that one, see what you think about this song (Burnt to Ruins)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5h_TLUi6-4

CokerRat
01-29-2013, 09:53 PM
Impressive! Love the drumming.

thrasher22
01-29-2013, 11:41 PM
Killer stuff!

Myrrinda
02-05-2013, 11:11 AM
I'll see you at Vern's, OP! My boyfriend's the drummer for Archelaos.