PDA

View Full Version : I need help, driving a Ferrari / Lambo in Vegas

Masked Bandit
01-20-2013, 12:38 PM
So the wife & I are going down to Vegas in March and I'm looking into the Exotic Driving Experiences. I don't know the first damn thing about Ferrari vs. Lambo and all the different models. I'm thinking that for someone who has not driven an exotic before, there really isn't going to be much difference from one model to the next. However, from the following list, can anyone offer advice / suggestions on which model(s) above the others?

TIA

Ferrari:
F430 F1
F430 Scuderia
458 Italia

Lambo:
Gallardo LP550
Superleggera LP570
Aventador LP700

Go4Long
01-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Everyone's gotta drive a Scuderia once :)

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-20-2013, 12:41 PM
Id drive the Aventador.

Maxx Mazda
01-20-2013, 03:02 PM
I drive the Gallardo at exotics racing. There's a thread or two on here about it.

Cody D
01-20-2013, 03:03 PM
One of the instructors told me that the 458 was the car you have to drive. I would imagine the Aventador would be another must drive.

I really enjoyed the 991 as well.

dj_rice
01-20-2013, 03:04 PM
I'd do the Aventador

georgemagana
01-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Cody D
One of the instructors told me that the 458 was the car you have to drive. I would imagine the Aventador would be another must drive.

I really enjoyed the 991 as well.

That's what my instructor told me too. I did end up driving both, Italia 458 and Gallardo. You can't go wrong with either.

Alak
01-20-2013, 04:07 PM
I did the same experience in Orlando. You can mix and match laps (like 6 in an R8, 2 in a lambo, 2 in a ferrari).

Im 6'0 and I couldn't fit comfortably in a Gallardo Superleggera, so although I personally dont like the car that much, the Audi R8 is a really good car to drive. I found it very easy and responsive.

I also drove the 458 Italia. Its worth every dime, its such a fun car to drive, and the noise. Such a noise.

Cody D
01-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Alak
I did the same experience in Orlando. You can mix and match laps (like 6 in an R8, 2 in a lambo, 2 in a ferrari).

That isn't how the Vegas one works.

soloracer
01-20-2013, 06:12 PM
I drove the Cayman R and the Aventador. My girlfriend drove the Cayman R and Gallardo LP550. We originally only booked the Lambo's but when we talked to the people at Exotics Racing we were convinced to take out the Cayman R first.

It was the right choice. You will find your laps will be over much sooner than you like. Since you won't know the track you should take a lower powered, lower dollar car out first. Then you will be more comfortable with the setting, track line and be able to enjoy the car you take out.

When I was there the heat was something else and although the Aventador was a neat car it didn't blow me away. Perhaps this was due to heat soak or something else. My rationale was that I would drive the one car I probably would never get the chance to own. Next time I will probably take out the McLaren or 458.

colinxx235
01-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Alak

Im 6'0 and I couldn't fit comfortably in a Gallardo Superleggera, so although I personally dont like the car that much, the Audi R8 is a really good car to drive. I found it very easy and responsive.

I also drove the 458 Italia. Its worth every dime, its such a fun car to drive, and the noise. Such a noise.

6'0 and had trouble...? what?

I'm 5'9ish no issues. Brother is 6'3 no issues. :dunno:

@Bandit, I personally enjoyed the 430 over the SL, but that was me. I really wanted the scuderia but didn't get the chance.

ekguy
01-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Don't they also have a GTR? Would it even be worth it with some of the cars that are on that list?

Cos
01-20-2013, 07:55 PM

snowcat
01-20-2013, 08:58 PM
458 or Aventador

Masked Bandit
01-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Well, looks like this idea is shot to hell. Fuggin' Nascar idiots. Because the stupid race is in Vegas the weekend we're there the whole program is shut down. The weekend makes sense but we don't leave until Tuesday night so I'm surprised this is still a no-go on Monday or Tuesday (nothing until the following Thursday).

The only other option that I could find looked like a cruise option with a few different routes. Ya, that sounds fun. Let's all drive a Ferrari no faster than the Corolla two lanes over. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go back next year and check availability before we book dates.

Thanks for the help anyways guys.

CanmoreOrLess
01-21-2013, 10:12 AM
Go to the NASCAR race.

This would be worth it, rental karting in LV:

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/karting/play-here/arrive-a-drive-rentals/pricing.html

bgbTFp2-BQ0

Masked Bandit
01-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
Go to the NASCAR race.

This would be worth it, rental karting in LV:

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/karting/play-here/arrive-a-drive-rentals/pricing.html

bgbTFp2-BQ0

That actually looks pretty fast for some karts!

As for going to the race, I have zero interest in watching guys drive in a circle all afternoon.

urrforce
01-21-2013, 11:51 AM
not that it matters now i guess lol but i would have chosen the 458

clem24
01-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Depends. If you're only only 5-6 laps in one car, it won't make a diff. You'll enjoy both but you won't get to push either of them.

If you do something like 12 laps in one car or many laps in multi cars, then it will matter.

458: if you suck.
Scud: if you have track experience.

I really enjoyed both but the 458 ruined it a bit with it's nannies. That's really the big difference.

Avoid the GT-R unless you want to know what a really fast Corolla feels like. It's a hyper fast machine with absolutely zero character. The brakes, switch gear, everything... Feels exactly like what you'd expect an Altima to feel like. Although I do think they have the new 2012 one there while the one I drove was the 2009. It was annoying as hell because it kept shifting up automatically for me and there was no way to turn it off.

Cody D
01-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Well, looks like this idea is shot to hell. Fuggin' Nascar idiots. Because the stupid race is in Vegas the weekend we're there the whole program is shut down. The weekend makes sense but we don't leave until Tuesday night so I'm surprised this is still a no-go on Monday or Tuesday (nothing until the following Thursday).

The only other option that I could find looked like a cruise option with a few different routes. Ya, that sounds fun. Let's all drive a Ferrari no faster than the Corolla two lanes over. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go back next year and check availability before we book dates.

Thanks for the help anyways guys.

I did the exotic rentals on a Saturday and then I rented a Viper and just drove around the Vegas area on Sunday, I had more fun with the Viper on Sunday than the exotics on Saturday. Spend some money, rent a Gallardo or a Viper and go for a cruise.

Xtrema
01-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by clem24
Avoid the GT-R unless you want to know what a really fast Corolla feels like. It's a hyper fast machine with absolutely zero character. The brakes, switch gear, everything... Feels exactly like what you'd expect an Altima to feel like. Although I do think they have the new 2012 one there while the one I drove was the 2009. It was annoying as hell because it kept shifting up automatically for me and there was no way to turn it off.

Same for me for the GT-R. I believe I drove 2011 version.

Do the 458 or Scud. Do Lambo only to compare, 4WD exotics are just not as fun.

My rank for the ones I tried:
Scud
Gallardo
GT-R
R8