3wvGhOIna4M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wvGhOIna4M

natty54
01-20-2013, 10:56 PM
ahahah

I saw some RCMP drifting in a parking lot today. Wish I had a cam

SlickA70
01-20-2013, 11:07 PM
Why do these guys not get bitched out, If I get a ticket for throwing a smoke out the window into snow or doing a doughnuts in a parking lot, why can I not punch it from a red light?

Hallowed_point
01-20-2013, 11:11 PM
That was pretty tame..I came here expecting a power brake launch getting sideways off that light :burnout: More like mild acceleration, I wouldn't call that a race.

revelations
01-20-2013, 11:12 PM
^ It would still classify as "stunting" ... or if youre in Ontario "street racing" ... :rofl:

Hallowed_point
01-20-2013, 11:16 PM
& aint that a bitttcchh :D

rage2
01-20-2013, 11:19 PM
I know people who got handed racing tickets for doing the exact same thing off a light. I got warned and threatened with a stunting ticket taking off slower than that lol.

eglove
01-20-2013, 11:22 PM
i laughed, loved the play by play. LATER HOSERS

JRSC00LUDE
01-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I know people who got handed racing tickets for doing the exact same thing off a light. I got warned and threatened with a stunting ticket taking off slower than that lol.

Myself, CK4500 and another buddy got reamed out HARD for doing that once in Calgary lol

Swank
01-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by eglove

:werd: :rofl:

btimbit
01-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Maybe the Tim Hortans was getting robbed:dunno: :rofl:

Originally posted by eglove

:werd: :clap:

Traffic_Cop
01-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Thats retarded. You should post a link to this on the CPS Facebook page, along with date & time.

Kobe
01-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Traffic_Cop
Thats retarded. You should post a link to this on the CPS Facebook page, along with date & time.

THIS

and update please

rage2
01-21-2013, 10:40 AM
haha didn't even notice that the cop on the left did a brake stand at 0:36 to get off the line faster. :rofl:

The only thing posting it on FB and ratting the cops out would be pissing off that cop, who will write everyone a ticket for every tiny infraction the next few months. What area is that in? I'll make sure I avoid it. lol

Tik-Tok
01-21-2013, 10:43 AM
WTF you guys... OBVIOUSLY they were responding to an emergency call, but then it got cancelled. [/standard police response whenever someone sees a cop doing something illegal]

swak
01-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Looks like the tims in douglasglen.
Haha. Kinda pathetic

FullFledgedYYC
01-21-2013, 11:20 AM
I have taken the liberty of posting it on social media... get ready for the suspended with pay news release.

FullFledgedYYC
01-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Calgary Police Service responded with: "We are aware of this video and are currently working to identify the officers involved. Thanks for sharing".

Again... prepare for the suspended with pay news release.

Disoblige
01-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Haha, let's enjoy the lulz now.

Edit: I wonder if the people investigating the video can notice the officer doing a brake stand before he took off. That would make it worse than just flooring it.

Modelexis
01-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Cops are empty shells of virtue and so I'm sure the guilty party will simply turn him/herself in and admit guilt and take full responsibility for their actions.

;) :rofl:

It doesn't take an investigation to figure out the driver, you have the plate the car # and the date/time. lol

FraserB
01-21-2013, 11:40 AM
I guess people still don't realize that there are a ton of cars out there with dashcams now.

revelations
01-21-2013, 11:43 AM
I'm sure the other 2 vehicles wouldve said something to the first once they got to TH .... or at least they will be now that the video is online.

The members are good at taking care of their own, and also keeping their own in line too (for the most part).

Kramerica
01-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Doesn't suprise me in the least. Going to avoid douglasdale like the plague now because you know officers are going to be looking for any excuse to give out stunting tickets. I'll be suprised if anything happens.

urrforce
01-21-2013, 11:47 AM
not only things like this video but every few days i will see a cop on his/her cell phone texting or talking away and yeah ok maybe it can be work related but they should be held to the same standards that we are:dunno:

lilmira
01-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Maholey is in trouble.

JRSC00LUDE
01-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC
Again... prepare for the suspended with pay news release.

I've never understood what it is about that process that offends anyone. Sure this particular incident seems cut and dry but regardless, with all the complaints that get thrown against that wall isn't "innocent until proven guilty" an appropriate stance?

If you are brought up on charges or being investigated for something, should your employer stop paying you till it's resolved? Removing an officer under investigation for something from active duty is in the best interest of the public, how is not paying them doing any more beneficial good?

Coles notes - that's an asinine position to take in my opinion.

Tik-Tok
01-21-2013, 11:51 AM
They could just take them off the street, and stick them doing light duty desk work? Or training?

I'd be more embarrassed having to do data entry all day long, then sit at home watching TV.

FullFledgedYYC
01-21-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm with you JRS.... I don't think he should be suspended UNTIL proven guilty. And once he is, then he should be suspended WITHOUT pay.

Suspending without being proven guilty is just stupid.

Kramerica
01-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by urrforce
not only things like this video but every few days i will see a cop on his/her cell phone texting or talking away and yeah ok maybe it can be work related but they should be held to the same standards that we are:dunno:

I never drove while talking on my cellphone before that law came out and that infuriated me. What "special" training enables cops to operate a cellphone while driving but others can't? Why can't I just take a driving class and get a special license if that's the case.

JRSC00LUDE
01-21-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm with you JRS.... I don't think he should be suspended UNTIL proven guilty. And once he is, then he should be suspended WITHOUT pay.

Suspending without being proven guilty is just stupid.

Pardon me, I misread your intent. :-)

Sugarphreak
01-21-2013, 12:20 PM

revelations
01-21-2013, 12:28 PM
^ The city is making untold millions on the whole SPEED ON GREEN campaign.

Dealing with the general public's interpretation on what constitutes an illegal lane change would be a nightmare.

urrforce
01-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Kramerica

I never drove while talking on my cellphone before that law came out and that infuriated me. What "special" training enables cops to operate a cellphone while driving but others can't? Why can't I just take a driving class and get a special license if that's the case.

i am good with talking on my phone have one of those handsfree speakers but am very bad with texting and since the new law have stopped doing it while driving but will check and reply at a red light or whatever

but yeah police are constantly breaking the laws that we pay them to enforce and its gross i can understand the emergency situations where they must take a call but when sitting next tone them at a light you can tell what an emergency call is versus something personal

FraserB
01-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by urrforce
when sitting next tone them at a light you can tell what an emergency call is versus something personal

I kinda confused how you manage to to figure out what they are talking about. That, and the fact that not all calls they need to take are emergency calls.

Sugarphreak
01-21-2013, 12:38 PM

revelations
01-21-2013, 12:56 PM
^ I agree, in theory it could work with a lot of the major offenses (eg. running a red light).

But all speed measurement devices have to stand up to the scrutiny of the court room so I dont see those even being used as they rely on GPS (which is not reliable in a dynamic environment).

TomcoPDR
01-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Myself, CK4500 and another buddy got reamed out HARD for doing that once in Calgary lol

In CK4500's marked cruiser tho??

FullFledgedYYC
01-21-2013, 01:04 PM
I caught 3 drivers running a red light last night on my dashcam... I would be up $225 this morning!

JRSC00LUDE
01-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

In CK4500's marked cruiser tho??

Naw, that was before he went turncoat. :thumbsdow

spikerS
01-21-2013, 01:33 PM
I saw the video last night, and then just heard it being reported on by 660 news. They even gave a shout out to BeyondDOTca. lol

FullFledgedYYC
01-21-2013, 01:51 PM
http://www.660news.com/2013/01/21/calgary-officers-street-racing/

btimbit
01-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Just the one guy being an idiot, I hope all 3 don't get in shit

Modelexis
01-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by btimbit
Just the one guy being an idiot, I hope all 3 don't get in shit

I hope they all do.

It's time the 'let's make an example out of them' table is turned.

Disoblige
01-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Haha, the fact that the destination was a Tim Horton's is still making me laugh.

Like I said earlier, I really hope the investigators notice how he was doing a brake stand before he took off. Seriously, flooring it is one thing, but what kind of idiot police officer would press both brake and accelerator in a police cruiser on duty?

Sugarphreak
01-21-2013, 02:04 PM

Kramerica
01-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Agreed, all speed violations are basically out instantly. Only really stupid stuff will stand up... but there is a lot of that to go around, haha

I've gotta say I support this idea even if it is just a pipe dream, it would help deter 90% of the problems I see on the road.

gretz
01-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
but what kind of idiot police officer would press both brake and accelerator in a police cruiser on duty?

The most skilled police racer, that's who lol

tirebob
01-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Nope, I catch incredibly dumb shit on a pretty regular basis.

Honestly, if the city wants to make money... stop investing in expensive red light cameras and photo radar and start utilizing this mass of rolling HD dash cams. Start offering cash incentives to people to turn in video of finable offences, if I made 75$ or so each time I turned one in it would be a hell of a way to make some extra money, haha! And it would also turn you into a tattle tail for profit... Sounds awesome...

*my sarcasm detector might be a bit confused?* :burnout:

frozenrice
01-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Traffic_Cop

Originally posted by Modelexis
Cops are empty shells of virtue and so I'm sure the guilty party will simply turn him/herself in and admit guilt and take full responsibility for their actions.

;) :rofl:

It doesn't take an investigation to figure out the driver, you have the plate the car # and the date/time. lol

I'm sure CPS will do a full investigation to find out who posted the video. I am sure some harassment will ensue......

v2kai
01-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by spikers
I saw the video last night, and then just heard it being reported on by 660 news. They even gave a shout out to BeyondDOTca. lol

damn now CPS will be targeting beyond lol time to take down my beyond "b" decal

Sugarphreak
01-21-2013, 02:53 PM

asp integra
01-21-2013, 03:11 PM
i heard about this on the radio this morning and the shout out to Beyond! haha Beyond CSI strikes again.

After watching the video though i really expected more of a "race" from what they reported on the radio as "3 police cars caught street racing"

im sure if that was any of us launching harder than normal we would at least get pulled over and possibly ticketed for stunting

im not too surprised this was caught though, about time!

bart
01-21-2013, 03:13 PM
glad you aren't posting the date and time, perhaps they will go easy on us in return ;)

sumguy777
01-21-2013, 03:16 PM
im glad these guys got caught on camera. its karma for all the times anyone has been harassed by the cops, or gotten a ticket they did not deserve.
i love the fact that they broke the law...the ones they enforce on the public.

"take it to race city you little punks" hahaha race tracks closed even cops stunt.

J-D
01-21-2013, 03:30 PM
The worst part is I bet these cruisers are the good cops who would probably cut you some slack. Still pretty funny that they head right into Tim Hortons... lol.

Modelexis
01-21-2013, 03:31 PM
The person found out to be the driver should have their name released to the public. They should have to sit in front of a news camera and explain why they did what they did.

They should give a full public apology and resign from their position.

LadyLuck
01-21-2013, 03:45 PM
The person found out to be the driver should have their name released to the public. They should have to sit in front of a news camera and explain why they did what they did.

They should give a full public apology and resign from their position.

Time to change your tampon!

revelations
01-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Modelexis, thats a little bit harsh - especially if it was from someone who is normally a model officer .... everyone makes mistakes.

Who knows, maybe he had to go pee really bad?? lol

Modelexis
01-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Cops always talk about how much responsibility they have and how they are responsible enough to carry around loaded guns in public, I wanna see some responsibility taken.

It's 'a bit harsh' that people are getting tickets in the mail when they go too quickly through an intersection.

It's a 'bit harsh' when people get tickets for tint and exhaust and insurance papers not in the car.

If everyone makes mistakes and they should be swept under the rug, the public should be infinitely less responsible for their actions and infinitely less punished when it comes to making mistakes.

If it's wrong for the public to make a mistake, what does it mean when a person tasked with carrying military assault weapons makes a mistake.

A mistake is when you accidentally go over the limit while not paying attention, a mistake is not doing a brake stand at a light in a police car.

If stunting is a big mistake for an ordinary citizen of the public, for a police officer this is criminal.
If stunting is no big deal for cops, then it should not even be illegal for the general public.

JRSC00LUDE
01-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by revelations
Modelexis, thats a little bit harsh - especially if it was from someone who is normally a model officer .... everyone makes mistakes.

Who knows, maybe he had to go pee really bad?? lol

Hell son, if I got an APB that there was only ONE honey cruller left I would have flipped on the cherries and been gone. I wouldn't have even waited for the green!

gretz
01-21-2013, 04:22 PM

Hell son, if I got an APB that there was only ONE honey cruller left I would have flipped the cherries and been gone.

Difference being that you would have flipped the cherries, this is clearly not a cruller emergency

Kramerica
01-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Had they flipped the lights for their little race they would've covered their asses. Lesson learned for next time.

btimbit
01-21-2013, 04:34 PM
Probably just had to poo:dunno:

revelations
01-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by gretz

Difference being that you would have flipped the cherries, this is clearly not a cruller emergency

Bah, everyone knows TH doesent make their donuts fresh anymore.

Now THATS criminal :nut:

Modelexis
01-21-2013, 04:41 PM
A female using her own menstrual quirks as some sort of insult towards a guy is just odd.

FullFledgedYYC
01-21-2013, 04:44 PM
As extreme as Modelexis's view is... it almost makes sense.

These guys are supposed to be the model of safe and responsible driving and then they go and do something like this. If this was a citizen, he would be ticketed on the spot.

So ya, if this guy is given a break why is nobody else?

Disoblige
01-21-2013, 04:48 PM
A female using her own menstrual quirks as some sort of insult towards a guy is just odd.
I lol'd.

revelations
01-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Oh I highly doubt hes getting a "break" from his fellow members. The two other PC's witnessed the whole thing and probably had something to say to him inside TH.

In fact, hes probably well aware he made the news and is dreading the call to the Sargent's or watch commanders office right about now. These things are not taken lightly by the CPS.

rage2
01-21-2013, 04:50 PM

Originally posted by Disoblige
I lol'd.
x2 :rofl:

LadyLuck
01-21-2013, 05:08 PM

Oh you're a guy??

Sincere apologies, here I thought you were some pissed off little girl with too much sand in your vagina.

Good to know...carry on :thumbsup:

brandon
01-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by LadyLuck

Time to change your tampon!

Oh you're a guy??

Sincere apologies, here I thought you were some pissed off little girl with too much sand in your vagina.

Bahahahahahaha

:rofl: :rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
01-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Oh you're a guy??

Yup, no spaghetti for you! ;)

LadyLuck
01-21-2013, 05:27 PM

Yup, no spaghetti for you! ;)

Hahaha! Guess no meatballs either :love:

rage2
01-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Oh you're a guy??

:rofl: even harder! hahahaha

shakalaka
01-21-2013, 05:44 PM

:rofl:

urrforce
01-21-2013, 07:23 PM

Oh you're a guy??

LOL!!!!!

Z_Fan
01-21-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm just can't imagine that any normal thinking person would consider this to be street racing. :confused:

Any good race has a couple burnouts before it starts. We all know this. Races also have winners. Yet all I see are losers hitting it from a traffic light.

Races also should involve some speed. Not 0-60km/h.

I dunno, this doesn't bother me at all. I'm offended that some would call that a race? WTF? Hell no.

The thought that some poor kiddies have probably been busted for something similar and some fucking moronic cop actually wrote a street racing ticket based on similar events. That is tragic.

I'll bet it's a few younger cops 25-35 age range who wish they had a fast car...

AND A FUCKING PLACE TO RACE IT!

Redlyne_mr2
01-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Go easy on this officer and hopefully he'll go easy on one of us next time he pulls us over for something similar.

My_name_is_Rob
01-21-2013, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
I'm just can't imagine that any normal thinking person would consider this to be street racing. :confused:

Any good race has a couple burnouts before it starts. We all know this. Races also have winners. Yet all I see are losers hitting it from a traffic light.

Races also should involve some speed. Not 0-60km/h.

I dunno, this doesn't bother me at all. I'm offended that some would call that a race? WTF? Hell no.

The thought that some poor kiddies have probably been busted for something similar and some fucking moronic cop actually wrote a street racing ticket based on similar events. That is tragic.

I'll bet it's a few younger cops 25-35 age range who wish they had a fast car...

AND A FUCKING PLACE TO RACE IT!

^this!

He might have prematurely tried to leave on the green light, but aside from that it just looked like they didn't want to hold up traffic.

PS: not whiteknighting, just used to being stuck behind people who have clearly more free time than I do.

lilmira
01-21-2013, 09:13 PM
http://www.ironmill.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/angry-mob-300x255.jpg

rage2
01-21-2013, 09:52 PM
No, it's not really racing, in anyone's definition, except for the CPS when issuing tickets. That's what makes it so funny lol.

Like I said, it was good for a laugh, but I wouldn't have ratted him/her out. All we're going to get out of it is a pissed off cop writing tickets for the smallest infractions. I'm just glad I'm never in the deep south so I don't have to worry after this cop gets reprimanded.

revelations
01-21-2013, 10:08 PM
No, it's not really racing, in anyone's definition, except for the CPS when issuing tickets. That's what makes it so funny lol.

Like I said, it was good for a laugh, but I wouldn't have ratted him/her out. All we're going to get out of it is a pissed off cop writing tickets for the smallest infractions. I'm just glad I'm never in the deep south so I don't have to worry after this cop gets reprimanded.

Comment posted in the video from the owner:

calgarypolice 4 hours ago

Our members are held to a higher standard, and their driving behaviours should promote safety and efficiency at all times.

We take any reports or allegations of misconduct seriously and are reviewing the video footage to determine exactly what occurred.

We are looking to identify and speak to the officers involved. To accomplish this, we will need more information including the date/time/location. Please email any available details to: [email protected]
· in playlist Uploaded videos

boundaryzero 4 hours ago

I posted this as a comment earlier but I see that its not up anymore ....

This video will result in reprimands for the members involved if the date/time is posted - that was not the intent of this video, it was meant to be humorous.

The members involved know who they are by now and will be dealt with by other members..... as word gets around.

GoChris
01-21-2013, 10:18 PM
I thought it was funny. What a waste of time and money to investigate them.

bart
01-21-2013, 10:18 PM
if i'm speeding and so is another car beside me we both get a racing ticket, i have no influence over what speed the car beside me is driving at i always say :D

btimbit
01-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by GoChris
I thought it was funny. What a waste of time and money to investigate them.

This is why I'm glad I'm not CPS, you just can't win.

Video happens: CRUCIFY HIM
Do nothing: WHY ARE'NT THEY HOLDING OFFICERS TO A HIGHER STANDARD, CRUCIFY HIM
Action taken: WHY WASTE EFFORT TAKING ACTION FOR SUCH A SMALL VIDEO

rage2
01-21-2013, 11:20 PM
The Sun article is pretty funny haha.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/01/21/lead-footed-calgary-cops-under-investigation-after-alleged-race-to-tim-hortons

Modelexis
01-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Being a police officer is no joke.

A police officer that takes his job lightly or acts carelessly is a risk to society.

The video in question is insignificant as a single event but the principle that is being violated with this simple careless action is very significant.

Part of why cops act this way in the first place is because the public is so hesitant to hold their feet to the fire. We get complacent and make up excuses why it's not worth perusing etc.

I take this issue clearly much more seriously than the vast majority of people.
My view is that these people have the capability to end a life in an instant, they have the ability to end my or your life with one bad judgement call or careless act.
These people are given ultimate power in society, and we should all take this very seriously and take immediate action over misuse of power no matter the scope.

Almost no one in this thread will agree with me, and I have a very extreme view on the topic and I can absolutely see why my view would not be popular.

/rant

btimbit
01-21-2013, 11:29 PM
Honestly it looks like he accelerated quickly to get in front so he could make the turn. Yeah I agree it's stupid because if I did it I'd probably get a ticket, but it's still not worth all the negative reactions
Modelexis I agree with the idea of what you're saying, and officers absolutelyneed to be held to a higher standard, but I still think a cop car accelerating swiftly doesn't deserve the attention it's getting

The Sun article is pretty funny haha.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/01/21/lead-footed-calgary-cops-under-investigation-after-alleged-race-to-tim-hortons

Written by Michael Platt - I will not waste time reading. After his articles on the noise snare made me weep for journalistic integrity, I don't even bother. My fault for reading the Sun in the first place I guess

FullFledgedYYC
01-21-2013, 11:37 PM
I am officially an uptight user on beyond.ca

Crown me.

btimbit
01-21-2013, 11:42 PM

Crown me.

Ah screw you, now I have to read the article:banghead: :rofl:

max_boost
01-21-2013, 11:53 PM
Lol it's funny and why doesn't everyone just chill out. :nut:

JRSC00LUDE
01-22-2013, 12:05 AM

Crown me.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa that was awesome.

jsn
01-22-2013, 12:23 AM
Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal but I do like how they're going to reprimand the officer simply due to the fact that it would probably mean a ticket for any of us if we were caught doing the same thing.

shakalaka
01-22-2013, 12:27 AM
lol

I noticed the uptight user thing too and thought he was referring to Modelexis at first.

M.alex
01-22-2013, 12:48 AM
I hope this cop gets sent to pound-me-in-the-ass prison to teach him a lesson about endangering people on the street.:thumbsdow

rage2
01-22-2013, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by btimbit
Written by Michael Platt - I will not waste time reading. After his articles on the noise snare made me weep for journalistic integrity, I don't even bother. My fault for reading the Sun in the first place I guess
His writing style is to incite controversy and spark trolling in the comments. It's pretty funny, because he made fun of absolutely everyone in the article haha. Beyonders, cops, everyone lol.

revelations
01-22-2013, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by M.alex
I hope this cop gets to make me some dough to teach him a lesson about endangering donuts on the shelf at TH.

Fixed.

FullFledgedYYC
01-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
lol

I noticed the uptight user thing too and thought he was referring to Modelexis at first.

Don't you dare take this away from me!!!

sillysod
01-22-2013, 08:35 AM
The only custom user title I want to see for ModelAlexis is "banned".

Sugarphreak
01-22-2013, 08:53 AM