PDA

View Full Version : Route Suggestions: Kincora NW to Mount Royal University

hampstor
01-21-2013, 10:47 AM
The office for my team will be changing in the next few months and I've got to find a route to my new office... looking for some suggestions from you guys.

- From Kincora area
- Going to office across from Mount Royal University
- Looking to arrive just before 7AM
- Looking to leave between 6:15 - 6:30AM

Options i've considered:

1) Stoney Trail -> 16th Avenue -> Sarcee -> Richmond Road -> 37 Street -> Richardson Way -> Richard Road
2) Stoney Trail -> Shaganappi -> Crowchild -> Richard Road
3) Stoney Trail -> Shaganappi -> Memorial -> Crowchild -> Richard Road

Also, I usually go home around 4:30 - 5pm, so Crowchild will probably be out of the question for a return trip.

Thoughts from someone who does this kind of route, or other suggestions would be appreciated! I haven't had to drive to work in years, especially going this route so I'm not sure what traffic is like. :D

BananaFob
01-21-2013, 12:31 PM
My fiance took route #2 for several years when we lived in Hanson Ranch. She works right by Mount Royal at the Atco Yard. It seemed to be the fastest way.

urrforce
01-21-2013, 12:36 PM
im in panorama and attend mru i use option number 2 when regardless of time of day but most days i have to be at school before 8

Dren
01-21-2013, 01:09 PM
option #1 i would say

schocker
01-21-2013, 01:28 PM
I would go straight from Stoney Trail to Crowchild, it is actually faster than Shaganappi due to there not being lights and being able to go faster. I live in Sage Hill and when I drive to work I do that route but I get off at Memorial to go into downtown. There is a super secret shortcut for Sage Hillians but it would make a Kincora route longer. If you are leaving that early, you shouldn't have much of a problem on Crowchild.

Xtrema
01-21-2013, 01:38 PM
You leave 1 hr before me, #2 should be fine. I'm in Hamptons and I leave ~ 7:45 and do the #2 and be at 17th Ave about 15-25mins later depends on traffic of Crowchild.

Although I can't say what happens on Crowchild after 17th Ave. SW but I would assume it'll be ok. Pro tip: stay on the left most lane on Crowchild after Dalhousie station.

Leaving at 5pm it usually take me 45mins taking the same route back, so probably add 10mins in your case.

benyl
01-21-2013, 01:41 PM
If I did #1, I would keep going on Sarcee and get off on 37th after sarcee becomes Glenmore. Less traffic lights.

benyl
01-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Pro tip: stay on the left most lane on Crowchild after Dalhousie station.

You mean the right shoulder isn't a lane? When I drove that route, people would always pass me on the right. lol

hampstor
01-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
You leave 1 hr before me, #2 should be fine. I'm in Hamptons and I leave ~ 7:45 and do the #2 and be at 17th Ave about 15-25mins later depends on traffic of Crowchild.

Although I can't say what happens on Crowchild after 17th Ave. SW but I would assume it'll be ok. Pro tip: stay on the left most lane on Crowchild after Dalhousie station.

Leaving at 5pm it usually take me 45mins taking the same route back, so probably add 10mins in your case.

Sounds good i'll give that a try once we move our team (currently am downtown). I always hear how bad traffic is on crowchild but since I take the train downtown right now, I have no idea how bad crowchild is.

Originally posted by benyl

If I did #1, I would keep going on Sarcee and get off on 37th after sarcee becomes Glenmore. Less traffic lights.

Oh yeah I guess I could do that. Google maps suggested that route and I didn't even think of going that way.

firebane
01-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Stoney -> Sarcee -> Richmond -> 37th -> Richardson

That time of day shouldn't be too bad for traffic and these routes have less than most at that time.

heavyfuel
01-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Get a private helicopter. For sure your best bet. :thumbsup:

hampstor
03-18-2013, 10:45 AM
update:

First day at our new office and I took this route :

Stoney Trail -> Shaganappi -> Crowchild -> Richard Road

Left at 6:20, got to the office at 6:50 even though I got delayed by that accident on crowchild by the university. Thanks for the help guys :clap: