PDA

View Full Version : Any XBMC experts out there?

thorin33
01-21-2013, 05:11 PM
I have just configured a Zotac Zbox with Openelec to experiment with. I used to have XBMC on my original Xbox1 but only for my local content. I have zero experience with the video add-ons. I was able to install the third party repositories but am getting script error s when I try to run any of them. Looking for some pointers on what I may need to do to get this going.

.jl-
01-23-2013, 02:12 PM
I've briefly played around with OpenElec and I believe you are able to install third party repositories. Your issue may come from the build of OpenElec you are using since OpenElec is currently still in beta

Check out the forums and the OpenElec IRC. People there will be able to answer your question and guide you through the steps.

3nergiz3d
01-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by thorin33
I have just configured a Zotac Zbox with Openelec to experiment with. I used to have XBMC on my original Xbox1 but only for my local content. I have zero experience with the video add-ons. I was able to install the third party repositories but am getting script error s when I try to run any of them. Looking for some pointers on what I may need to do to get this going.

I would start looking at the LOG files in XBMC that might pinpoint the error. Help Forums are a great start too. What version of Open-Elec are you on? Frodo or Eden?

thorin33
01-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Not sure what I did but I just re-installed the repositories and all is working now.

codetrap
01-24-2013, 09:47 AM
I would have liked to help, but I'm running it on a Windows 7 box instead of my xbox.