PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried EZ-sensor TPMS in Calgary?

heavyD
01-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Like many I have two sets of wheels/tires for the seasons and unfortunately if you own a Japanese car you are stuck with the reality that there are no economical TPMS tools like what Ford offers and you are stuck having to go to the dealership every time you change tires to clear that annoying TPMS light. Apparently these EZ-sensors (http://www.ez-sensor.com) are blank and with a TPMS tool all you have to do is pull the TPMS codes from the sensors of your stock wheels and download them to the EZ-sensors so you have two sets of wheels with the same meaning you never have to reprogram when you switch from winter to summer wheels because both sets of sensors will have the same codes your ecu is looking for.

My question is if anyone in Calgary has experience with them and will dealers/tire shops have any issues doing the required programming for you? I need to pick up a set of sensors for my STI summer wheels and if these can be programmed locally I would like to go that route.

SikAssR1
01-21-2013, 10:22 PM
Canadian spec Subaru's have tpms?

boarderfatty
01-21-2013, 10:35 PM
We have been using these in my shop for just over 1.5 years and they seem to be working alright. I am sure if the light stayed on customers would be coming back

heavyD
01-22-2013, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by SikAssR1
Canadian spec Subaru's have tpms?

It appears you are right. I didn't realize that Canadian Subaru's don't come with TPMS as all of our new cars going back to 2007 have it as my wife's Outlander, my EVO and Mustang all had it. LOL figures Subaru would go against the grain although in this case it's a bonus.