PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Golf Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

DENZILDON
01-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Been talking to Flipstah about golf this year and I'm picking it up this year and get some decent golf clubs. I told my friends how the driving range works back home in Manila and they couldn't believe it. I wish we had them here but I'm pretty sure it would cost an arm and a leg just in injury insurance...lol!!!

The Tee Girl

Ef99EwrLloM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef99EwrLloM

DENZILDON
01-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Since its off season and there are lots of deals I'm going to get a set in March. For the vets here...

Steel or Graphite shaft?

flipstah
01-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by DENZILDON
Since its off season and there are lots of deals I'm going to get a set in March. For the vets here...

Steel or Graphite shaft?

Graphite if you swing speed isn't that quick and need more whip.

I couldn't get into the private clubs in Manila even though I can afford the green fee. :thumbsdow

colinxx235
01-22-2013, 11:58 AM

Steel or Graphite shaft?

Go to golf town and test em out.
Slow swing style lots will recommend graphite.
Fast/heavy usually steel.

Golf town staff has always been great for me to take time and try a whole bunch of different clubs

flipstah
01-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Anyone watch the Hyundai TOC?

Dustin had that big lead and I thought he killed it when he did that weird drive that went to the bushes.

ercchry
01-22-2013, 12:43 PM
fuck golf...

i've been swinging a club for close to 20 years and i can count on one hand how many times i've broken 100 :banghead:

7thgenvic
01-22-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm really looking forward to some of the new drivers this year. The one club I've been meaning to replace the last season. Is anyone getting any cards?

flipstah
01-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
I'm really looking forward to some of the new drivers this year. The one club I've been meaning to replace the last season. Is anyone getting any cards?

The R1 driver looks mighty pimp! :bigpimp:

Titleist's offerings look to be the same technology so I'd opt for a used 910 instead.

got_mike33
01-22-2013, 01:38 PM
I am stoked this is up so early!

I picked up a Taylormade Burner 2.0 Driver and 5-wood back in October when they had their sale on, can't wait to try them out this spring!

Also Den, you definitely want to go with steel. Unless you are 55+ years old, graphite is going to be way to whippy for you. A regular steel shaft will do you just fine!

Also Beyond Golf Tourney this year? Blue Devil was fun, but not enough guys made it out, especially with you bailing Flip! :rofl:

7thgenvic
01-22-2013, 01:39 PM
I would love to do some Beyond Tourny's! I have NEVER liked the R1... Curious to try some of the new Nike's out. In the past they were garbage.

DENZILDON
01-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by got_mike33

Also Den, you definitely want to go with steel. Unless you are 55+ years old, graphite is going to be way to whippy for you. A regular steel shaft will do you just fine!

I was originally thinking of doing steel Irons and Graphite drivers but I don't have any issues with distance specially with the drivers. I can wack that ball to no return. I guess I will do try out them out at the store come march.

I showed this to Flip earlier. I had it in my hands when I was in Sacramento outlet stores and it was only for 35 bucks. I stupidly decided not to get it. :banghead:

http://assets1.golfdiscount.com/products/45754/original/nike-dunk-ng-golf-shoes-white-orange.jpg?1326400350

vtec4life
01-22-2013, 02:12 PM
FYI best time of the year to buy clubs is during Golf Town demo days which starts early November. 50-60% off all previous year merchandise. Got an awesome set of Nike Machspeed forged irons for $500 !! regular $1000.

Since the PGA started back up I got the itch so im going to play some virtual golf tomorrow at the golf dome. It is pretty fun if you go with a buddy!

Can you believe that Tiger and Rory both missed the cut at the Abhu Dhabi???

I can understand if Rory was a bit nervous because he just got handed 30 Million for signing up with Nike but come on Tiger!

DENZILDON
01-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by vtec4life
FYI best time of the year to buy clubs is during Golf Town demo days which starts early November. 50-60% off all previous year merchandise.

I know but Bonus and tax return is coming in March so I have to go through what is left at the store. Anybody have some hook ups for golf town? :rofl:

got_mike33
01-22-2013, 02:27 PM

I was originally thinking of doing steel Irons and Graphite drivers but I don't have any issues with distance specially with the drivers. I can wack that ball to no return. I guess I will do try out them out at the store come march.

I showed this to Flip earlier. I had it in my hands when I was in Sacramento outlet stores and it was only for 35 bucks. I stupidly decided not to get it. :banghead:

http://assets1.golfdiscount.com/products/45754/original/nike-dunk-ng-golf-shoes-white-orange.jpg?1326400350

I think all drivers are graphite, but have different shaft types. I only know Taylormade cause that's what I own, but they have S (Stiff), R (Regular) and M (Old Man). The guys at golftown are really good at helping you choose the right stiffness plus you get to hit the ball a ton, so you can grab what feels right.

Those shoes are amazing! It's really too bad you didn't pick them up!

I would be down for virtual golf sometime, it's apparently really cheap hourly rate, would be fun with a few guys.

As for a tourney I think we could always just book a bunch of tee times back to back and go public, save some $$$. Shag is always a good time!

flipstah
01-22-2013, 03:07 PM

I picked up a Taylormade Burner 2.0 Driver and 5-wood back in October when they had their sale on, can't wait to try them out this spring!

Also Beyond Golf Tourney this year? Blue Devil was fun, but not enough guys made it out, especially with you bailing Flip! :rofl:

That was a one-off and I actually do feel really bad about that because I wanted to play Blue Devil! :(

I would definitely be in for a Beyond Golf Tourney and hopefully my schedule is far kinder to me this year.

FYI, Golf Town's regrip sale is back.

I'd be game for virtual golf... Whatever that is.

DENZILDON
01-22-2013, 03:10 PM
I'm in!!!

http://www.diltz.com/images/products/goldenteecomplete11122010124536PM.jpg

Hahahaha! Joke!!

DENZILDON
01-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Curious now, where do you guys go for virtual golf?

Schanks any good? I was thinking of watching hockey, drinking and wings with golf! That would be awesome!

got_mike33
01-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Never been to Shanks, but that sounds like a wicked idea to me!

FullFledgedYYC
01-22-2013, 03:37 PM
I have tried all the simulators. The best one by far is X-Factor Indoor Golf. It's just south of the dump by Royal Oak... right next to the Audi dealer.

I have tried Schanks (worst), RCGA (not very accurate), and X-Factor. I found X-Factor to be the most accurate simulators. They are the same ones they use on the Golf Channel for that in-studio show (no idea what it's called).

Sadly, it's also the most expensive.

flipstah
01-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC
I have tried all the simulators. The best one by far is X-Factor Indoor Golf. It's just south of the dump by Royal Oak... right next to the Audi dealer.

I have tried Schanks (worst), RCGA (not very accurate), and X-Factor. I found X-Factor to be the most accurate simulators. They are the same ones they use on the Golf Channel for that in-studio show (no idea what it's called).

The Golf Fix?! You can play a game in those fuckers? :rofl:

DENZILDON
01-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC

For x-factor is it 45 bucks an hour per person? or 45 bucks/hr max 4 players? Do they serve food and beer?

JVR1
01-22-2013, 04:12 PM
well a round typically takes about an hr/person for indoor. so $45/person/hr. i don't think they limit to 4 players but it'd get boring waiting around for more than that.

anyway, not much of a food selection when i was there last year aside from a couple sandwiches they can heat up along with a small selection of beer, etc.

i didn't find it noticeably more accurate than expected.

DENZILDON
01-22-2013, 04:15 PM
So if there's four of you and it takes lets say 3 hours to play a course? You would pay $135 each? That is expensive!

ercchry
01-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by JVR1
well a round typically takes about an hr/person for indoor. so $45/person/hr. i don't think they limit to 4 players but it'd get boring waiting around for more than that.

anyway, not much of a food selection when i was there last year aside from a couple sandwiches they can heat up along with a small selection of beer, etc.

i didn't find it noticeably more accurate than expected.

4 hours for a foursome to play 18 holes? do they simulate the walking to your ball and searching through the bushes along with being stuck behind a group of blue hairs?! :nut:

DENZILDON
01-22-2013, 04:29 PM
It's replaced by eating pizza and drinking beer I guess. lol!!!

ercchry
01-22-2013, 04:35 PM
It's replaced by eating pizza and drinking beer I guess. lol!!!

hrm, replace the pizza with hot dog and i still manage to do that as well irl :rofl:

DENZILDON
01-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Just found this.....

http://www.albertagolfshows.com/site/calgary_show

Should I wait till the show and see if they have deals there?

JVR1
01-22-2013, 04:52 PM
So if there's four of you and it takes lets say 3 hours to play a course? You would pay $135 each? That is expensive!

hahahah yeah it would be super expensive if you did the math that way.

total bill would be $135 for 3 hours split between 3 players.

there's ways to make the game go faster since putting is not easy. ie - set it up as 'auto 2-putt' once on the green within 12ft.

you wouldn't believe the # of people that do mulli's since there's a button begging to be pressed on the control screen. that adds up time pretty quick

DENZILDON
01-22-2013, 04:55 PM

hahahah yeah it would be super expensive if you did the math that way.

total bill would be $135 for 3 hours split between 3 players.

there's ways to make the game go faster since putting is not easy. ie - set it up as 'auto 2-putt' once on the green within 12ft.

you wouldn't believe the # of people that do mulli's since there's a button begging to be pressed on the control screen. that adds up time pretty quick

Alright now, that is better! hahaha!

ercchry
01-22-2013, 04:57 PM

well there is an easy rule for that too... has to to with a 9 iron and someone's shin :rofl:

got_mike33
01-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Well then I supposed you could just get 2 simulators and have 2 per simulator, I imagine that would be a lot quicker and still around the same price.

There is also the riverside golf center down by parkdale. Their rates are only $40/hr for sims and I think they have a "driving range" as well.

vtec4life
01-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Riverside is OK except you can hit a 3 wood a longer distance than a driver on those sims..

I find the most laid back/fun sims to be at the golf dome.

And while your waiting for your friend to hit you can skip over to a stall and hit a few balls and make adjustments to your swing.

The Golf Town grip sale is awesome.. you can grip all your clubs with golf prides for about $70.00 including install.

I want to get my clubs custom fit this year.. see if it makes a difference.

I'm all over the place throughout the season... I can shoot 3 rounds in a row in the low-mid 80's then shoot high 90's for a month. I'm hoping a custom fit would help me be more consistent.

I think if we do a beyond tourny we should do it at Heritage Pointe, it is an amazing course and only $85/player after 3 pm on weekends including cart if you go as a foursome... get a few of those and a couple 24 packs and we are good to go!

flipstah
01-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Just found this.....

http://www.albertagolfshows.com/site/calgary_show

Should I wait till the show and see if they have deals there?

http://www.albertagolfshows.com/sitewyze/files/Floor_Plan_-_Jan_2.pdf

Clearance area?

My Asian senses are tingling.

ercchry
01-22-2013, 05:27 PM

I think if we do a beyond tourny we should do it at Heritage Pointe, it is an amazing course and only $85/player after 3 pm on weekends including cart if you go as a foursome... get a few of those and a couple 24 packs and we are good to go!

i think Leah should hook it up at blue devil! :D

FullFledgedYYC
01-22-2013, 05:31 PM
The biggest thing with the simulators is being somewhat ready. It takes so long because everyone is sitting down and talking instead of being ready to hit their next shot. So for example: I will hit and then I have to yell out "JIM YOU'RE UP!"

Jim sets his drink down, finishes up his chat with Dan, goes over to his clubs and asks "How far am I?" sits there and ponders what club to use, takes 2-3 practice swings, decides where he is aiming, and then finally hits it. Now if he wants to hit a mulligan.... oh god.

I went alone and played 36 holes in about 1 hour 15 mins.... it's just when others are slow that it really drags.

got_mike33
01-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

i think Leah should hook it up at blue devil! :D

I don't see why we can't have more than one event! We could create the Beyond Tour.

colinxx235
01-22-2013, 06:28 PM
^

Yah last year would have been nice if we had two full groups of beyonders.

I'm sad that aspen now places me a much further drive from D'arcy =( that is my favorite course to hit.

Instead it will be some more elbow springs time and whatever else is in the area

asp integra
01-22-2013, 07:11 PM
looking forward to golf season again this year! last year i started to play some better rounds, getting into the 80s a few times which I was stoked on!

As for a Beyond tourny i would love to play!

Unknown303
01-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Hopefully I can get a lot more games in this year. And I'm totally down for a Beyond Tourney if I can make the weekend it's on.

DENZILDON
01-22-2013, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

http://www.albertagolfshows.com/sitewyze/files/Floor_Plan_-_Jan_2.pdf

Clearance area?

My Asian senses are tingling.

I know bro! I may have to look around the shops and go to the event so I can check out the prices. I'm betting the event may yeild better deals!

I knew I wasn't the only one thinking about golf early this year. I was craving for it since Xmas! Lol!

SkiBum5.0
01-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Riverside is OK except you can hit a 3 wood a longer distance than a driver on those sims..

I find the most laid back/fun sims to be at the golf dome.

And while your waiting for your friend to hit you can skip over to a stall and hit a few balls and make adjustments to your swing.

The Golf Town grip sale is awesome.. you can grip all your clubs with golf prides for about $70.00 including install.

I want to get my clubs custom fit this year.. see if it makes a difference.

I'm all over the place throughout the season... I can shoot 3 rounds in a row in the low-mid 80's then shoot high 90's for a month. I'm hoping a custom fit would help me be more consistent.

Custom fit is going to make a big difference. Most people only consider shaft flex, length etc. A pro will also advise on shaft length, lie angle (how the sole of the club impacts the ground on impact), grip size and kick point of the shaft. Well worth the price and will most times be included when you buy a set from Golf Town.

One of the best places in town is the Titliest fit centre which is in the golf dome at the RCGA Centre.

SOAB
01-23-2013, 12:52 AM
another indoor place is called Metro Fairway.

i was able to pick up a Rocketballz driver and 3 wood for $150 at Golf Town during their boxing day sale this year!

DENZILDON
01-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Just saw that Alberta Show PDF and there is even a junior area. Hmm, If there's a cheap Junior set for my kid I'll get him one. He's been hitting those plastic golf toys as soon as he was able to stand and has a wicked follow through! lol!!!

got_mike33
01-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by SOAB
another indoor place is called Metro Fairway.

i was able to pick up a Rocketballz driver and 3 wood for $150 at Golf Town during their boxing day sale this year!

You've got to be kidding me! That is amazing! My Burner2.0 stuff was $175. :cry:

SOAB
01-23-2013, 12:00 PM

You've got to be kidding me! That is amazing! My Burner2.0 stuff was $175. :cry:

sorry. just to clarify, they were both demo models but in very, very good shape. :D

vtec4life
01-23-2013, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235
^

Yah last year would have been nice if we had two full groups of beyonders.

I'm sad that aspen now places me a much further drive from D'arcy =( that is my favorite course to hit.

Instead it will be some more elbow springs time and whatever else is in the area

Darcy Ranch is one of my favorites as well, such a great course for the money!

Beyond Tour!!! That sounds awesome... Maybe we can set up a fake earnings list or go FedEx cup style and have a bash at the end of the season with some prizes from our gracious sponsor Beyond.ca lol :D

I think we could pull off 4 tourny's over the course of the summer ?

We can use handicap's to even out the field!

Man that would be fun times.

DeleriousZ
01-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Stoked to try out my new TaylorMade rocketballz driver I got for xmas. Been using a callaway 3 driver that's head is about the size of the average 5wood nowadays. Always get asked why I'm not using a driver and it's giving me head envy lol.

flipstah
01-23-2013, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ
Stoked to try out my new TaylorMade rocketballz driver I got for xmas. Been using a callaway 3 driver that's head is about the size of the average 5wood nowadays. Always get asked why I'm not using a driver and it's giving me head envy lol.

Nice! Keep us updated when you try it out in spring.

For me, a smaller head is preferred. I can work the ball more and it's fitting to my swing.

That's why I switched from a new, 460cc Mizuno driver to a Titleist 983K from the early 2000's.

DeleriousZ
01-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Yeah I'm interested to see how it will work out. I have a hard enough time getting the thing to go straight, so I'm hoping a larger sweet spot will help that out.

More likely the ball will still go the wrong way, only further lol.

got_mike33
01-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Yeah I'm interested to see how it will work out. I have a hard enough time getting the thing to go straight, so I'm hoping a larger sweet spot will help that out.

Pfffttt! Who cares about fairways in regulation? It's alllll about the distance! :rofl:

vtec4life
01-23-2013, 02:07 PM

Good on ya for updating your driver, the rocketballz will be fun.

FYI - the shaft on the RBZ's are a bit longer than say the R11s in order to increase club speed and distance etc. BUT it does make the club a little harder to hit than most.

Do you make good connection with the ball every time? If so is your miss normally a hook or a slice? average distance?

DENZILDON
01-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Looks like RCGA has a HD simulator now too!

http://www.golfcanadacentre.ca/

DeleriousZ
01-23-2013, 04:09 PM

Good on ya for updating your driver, the rocketballz will be fun.

FYI - the shaft on the RBZ's are a bit longer than say the R11s in order to increase club speed and distance etc. BUT it does make the club a little harder to hit than most.

Do you make good connection with the ball every time? If so is your miss normally a hook or a slice? average distance?

Depends on what kind of day I'm having lol.

Up until the last few years I would religiously slice the ball (right handed) almost every drive. There would be the odd time that everything would go right and I'd hit it straight.

With a good swing and good contact I can pretty regularly drive the ball 270y on a hole with no elevation change.

As of the last few years I've started out snap-hooking the ball, so I must have changed my swing somehow as I play less and less, or as I get older and less fit. I'm definitely going to have to hit the range with it to get the feel of it. It's the same stiff shaft as I had on the callaway though which is nice.

ercchry
01-23-2013, 04:19 PM
i figured out how to fix my slice this past year... but my drives were halved in distance, so i said fuck it and just continued to correct them my changing my angle (aim ~45 degrees from where i want it to go) at the tee. works great... till that odd ball that actually goes straight :rofl:

but yeah. i open up my grip and thats why i slice. if i over grip it goes straight... no distance though

flipstah
01-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Anyone putt leftie? I'm looking to switch my arsenal this season. :)

20incheyes
01-23-2013, 04:50 PM

I did for a few months but this was over 10 years ago. I gave it a shot because my dominant eye was closer to the hole but at the end of the day it wasn't the fix.

Best putting advice I've seen is by Fuzzy Zoeller on Golf Channel Academy. The beauty of this segment is you will find out most of what you've read and been told to do may in fact be totally wrong for you.

flipstah
01-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by 20incheyes

I did for a few months but this was over 10 years ago. I gave it a shot because my dominant eye was closer to the hole but at the end of the day it wasn't the fix.

Best putting advice I've seen is by Fuzzy Zoeller on Golf Channel Academy. The beauty of this segment is you will find out most of what you've read and been told to do may in fact be totally wrong for you.

I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

Naturally, I'm a leftie for everything but I swing right....

But I putt left. :nut:

Putting leftie just felt natural to me but swinging right did.

ercchry
01-23-2013, 04:53 PM

i've been putting, driving and everything in between, including hockey as a lefty... and let me tell you... it doesnt help at all :rofl:

20incheyes
01-23-2013, 04:55 PM

Go check out Redwood Meadows and Wintergreen, both are great tracks. Millburn nine at River Spirit is also a nice layout but the rest of that place is blah besides the 3 lower holes on the Spirit 9.

But if you hate golfing in trees head to Gleneagles, it's kinda like an exaggerated Darcy.

DENZILDON
01-23-2013, 04:59 PM

I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

Naturally, I'm a leftie for everything but I swing right....

But I putt left. :nut:

Putting leftie just felt natural to me but swinging right did.

I eat write lefty and I play all sports right handed. Including jacking off! :rofl: I guess that's sports! hahaha!

got_mike33
01-23-2013, 05:13 PM
I play hockey left, but golf right it's really strange, but it works haha.

I had the same issue as you, ercchry, and closing the club head helped so much! I took some lessons and they were definitely worth the money, I will probably take some more this year.

flipstah
01-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Might opt for lessons this year.

Or... Buy new shit!

http://www.golftown.com/adidas-adiZERO-Golf-Shoes-P6424.aspx

Porsche Yellow... :thumbsup:

vtec4life
01-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Went to the dome last night with a buddy and played a round in sunny beautiful Kapalua Bay.

Felt great swinging the club again.. but now im itching even more to get out.

It was 50 bucks each for 2 hrs, 4 beers total, a bag of chips and a sandwich.

got_mike33
01-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Went to the dome last night with a buddy and played a round in sunny beautiful Kapalua Bay.

Felt great swinging the club again.. but now im itching even more to get out.

It was 50 bucks each for 2 hrs, 4 beers total, a bag of chips and a sandwich.

Was that each or between the two of you? Either way it's a great deal.

Also just an fyi golftown has 50% off all 2012 adidas apparel. Might have to go pick up some shoes this week!

npham
01-24-2013, 12:26 PM
I can't wait to get golfing again. I picked it up late last summer, and have been hitting balls on and off this winter.

Check out my new Scotty Cameron - Del Mar(Custom Shop) (http://imgur.com/a/LkHH3#0)

colinxx235
01-24-2013, 01:29 PM

Was that each or between the two of you? Either way it's a great deal.

Also just an fyi golftown has 50% off all 2012 adidas apparel. Might have to go pick up some shoes this week!

Is it off everything?

I could really use a jump to some of those Tour 360's or the other ones....

flipstah
01-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by npham
I can't wait to get golfing again. I picked it up late last summer, and have been hitting balls on and off this winter.

Check out my new Scotty Cameron - Del Mar(Custom Shop) (http://imgur.com/a/LkHH3#0)

Nice milled face. :love:

http://www.golftown.com/Adidas-adiPURE-Z-Golf-Shoes-White-P3287.aspx

Adipure's for $130... TEMPTING.

DENZILDON
01-24-2013, 01:40 PM
^Once it gets dirty you won't like it anymore. I like your first option.

npham
01-24-2013, 03:09 PM

Nice milled face. :love:

http://www.golftown.com/Adidas-adiPURE-Z-Golf-Shoes-White-P3287.aspx

Adipure's for $130... TEMPTING.

Thanks, it feels like butter when you putt. But I agree with the all white shoes. I'd grab some Puma Cell Fusions if you can find the right size. They are about 50% off at Golf Town.

flipstah
01-24-2013, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by npham

Thanks, it feels like butter when you putt. But I agree with the all white shoes. I'd grab some Puma Cell Fusions if you can find the right size. They are about 50% off at Golf Town.

I've been searching for the elusive Rickie Fowler editions for quite some time now:

http://uncrate.com/p/2011/10/puma-cell-fusion-2.jpg

eBay prices are just ridiculous. :nut:

DENZILDON
01-24-2013, 03:36 PM
^^^Nice!

All this golf talk is driving me crazy. I'll go to golf town after work today and window shop. Take down some brand names and prices and research.
March is taking too long!!! :banghead:

flipstah
01-24-2013, 03:38 PM
^^^Nice!

All this golf talk is driving me crazy. I'll go to golf town after work today and window shop. Take down some brand names and prices and research.
March is taking too long!!! :banghead:

Let me know if you spot those in 8.5!

npham
01-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Yea, I'm going to Eaglequest tonight for sure. Got the itch.

DENZILDON
01-24-2013, 03:48 PM

Let me know if you spot those in 8.5!

For sure! If guys have anything else you want me to check for price let me know now. I'm off at four and will be going to the sunridge store.

vtec4life
01-24-2013, 04:08 PM

I've been searching for the elusive Rickie Fowler editions for quite some time now:

http://uncrate.com/p/2011/10/puma-cell-fusion-2.jpg

eBay prices are just ridiculous. :nut:

I have seen these shoes at Heritage Pointe. they even had a few colors too. Way too much money in my opinion.. I think they were $269.00.
They have one of the nicest pro shops in town... sick hugo boss gear and that Bubba Watson brand... Travis Matthew, they make awesome stuff too.

I want the tiger woods shoes in black.. white gets dirty way too fast. Especially if you cant wait till the golf courses dry up and your out there squishing around in March/April

DENZILDON
01-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Sorry Don, no pumas in there.

Question, same as any other sport there are so many brands to choose from.

Ping, callaway, Taylormade, Nike, cobra, Adams etc. how would you guys rate these brands? And bad experiences? I'm in a budget, does price really plays a big factor?

And what do you guys think of those long shaft putters? I tried it felt good and I was getting good lines to the hole.

npham
01-24-2013, 11:32 PM
I wouldn't go after a particular brand, unless you are already familiar with them already. I would try to narrow down the type of iron you are looking for, super game improvement, game improvement or player's irons and then go from there.

From there, make a list of irons you want to hit and go back to Golf Town and hit the 7 iron from each set. Find the one that gives you the most confidence, and best performance.

But my recommendation, based on your posts, would be to try to hit the Mizuno 825 Pro. Forged head, with lots of help. It has great feel and you can have a high to mid handicap and still play them.

flipstah
01-25-2013, 12:01 AM
Mizuno is best known for feel; have the best forged irons around!

colinxx235
01-25-2013, 01:12 AM
Sorry Don, no pumas in there.

Question, same as any other sport there are so many brands to choose from.

Ping, callaway, Taylormade, Nike, cobra, Adams etc. how would you guys rate these brands? And bad experiences? I'm in a budget, does price really plays a big factor?

And what do you guys think of those long shaft putters? I tried it felt good and I was getting good lines to the hole.

I'm an intermediate golfer (shoot high 80s/low 90s) for the most part. So I found the taylor made burners were a perfect fit for my game. If at one point I hit single digit handicaps then we'll see what I can do to improve my game.
For what you get the Burner 2.0's are a pretty good deal, a lot cheaper than the callaway x-series. As for Nike, they have improved a lot but i'm still not as confident (could be wrong).

Adams I don't like because of the huge cavity back, just too much extra pop that I didn't want on that certain stroke. My dad has a set and loves them tho.

Cobra has stepped there game up alot. Two of my buds bought full new sets last year, both went with that brand. But they are a bit pricier as well depending which model you get.

got_mike33
01-25-2013, 01:53 AM

I'm an intermediate golfer (shoot high 80s/low 90s) for the most part. So I found the taylor made burners were a perfect fit for my game. If at one point I hit single digit handicaps then we'll see what I can do to improve my game.
For what you get the Burner 2.0's are a pretty good deal, a lot cheaper than the callaway x-series. As for Nike, they have improved a lot but i'm still not as confident (could be wrong).

Adams I don't like because of the huge cavity back, just too much extra pop that I didn't want on that certain stroke. My dad has a set and loves them tho.

Cobra has stepped there game up alot. Two of my buds bought full new sets last year, both went with that brand. But they are a bit pricier as well depending which model you get.

I agree with all of this. Burner 2.0s are an awesome deal.

DENZILDON
01-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the reply boys. I did take some pics of the ones I liked in my budget and had been checking reviews.

I was surprised with some of the brands like the Cobra S3 Max reviews. Not a really famous brand but for the price and reviews it looks like I would give it a swing at golf town.

I guess the long shaft putter is out of the question since they are trying to get it banned at the PGA.

Unknown303
01-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Plus the long shaft putters look ridiculous

DENZILDON
01-25-2013, 01:00 PM
Hahaha, it does but damn so much control and better precision. I tried it yesterday. I used a regular putter and out of five I sank one.

I pulled the long shaft and I sank 4 out of 5. :clap:

Unknown303
01-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Which I guess is the obvious reason they are looking at banning them I guess. Have to leave some skill to the player.

vtec4life
01-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Which I guess is the obvious reason they are looking at banning them I guess. Have to leave some skill to the player.

It's hard enough getting the ball to the point where you can actually put it lol.... give the amateur's a break man!!!!

Unknown303
01-25-2013, 02:24 PM

It's hard enough getting the ball to the point where you can actually put it lol.... give the amateur's a break man!!!!

Oh I'm quite an amateur. But I like a challenge. Plus it feels awesome sinking a long putt.

flipstah
01-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Long shafted/belly putters are easier to anchor and less succeptible to yips, so you get a more predictable line.

However, Tiger Woods can putt with a mini-golf putter and still sink it in. All about the skill, which I wish to have one day.

npham
01-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the reply boys. I did take some pics of the ones I liked in my budget and had been checking reviews.

I was surprised with some of the brands like the Cobra S3 Max reviews. Not a really famous brand but for the price and reviews it looks like I would give it a swing at golf town.

I guess the long shaft putter is out of the question since they are trying to get it banned at the PGA.

I have hit those before, and they are really forgiving expect that you don't always get consistent distances. One time you will hit a 7i, 170, and then the next time it flies the green and carries 190. But all the irons are really easy to hit.

DENZILDON
01-25-2013, 03:21 PM
LOL! I understand it and I'm not really that much of a beginner. My friends about 10 years ago got addicted to golf and every time I wanted to drink they were drinking at the golf range so I'll go there drink and finish off their buckets when they get drunk or tired.

I did get a crappy tire set about 5 years ago just for the driving range to get stress out and relax but never really had any intentions of playing at the course since bowling is my sport. I even gave away those clubs after a few years.

Just got really interested last year when I attended our company golf tournament when a lot of my office mates told me I had a very good golf swing and true to that point, one of the holes during the tournament had a video and pic analysis of your swing and behold, Pretty much every part of my swing was bang on by the book. I showed Flipstah my pic analysis.

So I decided to get into it this year. So I'm not really a noob with the training and technical aspects of the game but I'm a total noob with the equipment brands. Just like bowling, so many bands of ball with different technologies and I needed your guys input so I can make a good decision.

flipstah
01-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Mine are Ben Hogan forged irons I got at Goodwill for $8 lol.

Missing an 8 iron but whatever.

SOAB
01-25-2013, 03:32 PM
i scored a used set of TM R11 irons with Project X 6.0 steel shafts for $300.

every single club i have is a used one or demo except my putter.

DENZILDON
01-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Went to golf town south today and definitely better since they have a bigger selection. Talked to mike who is a certified fitter for Callaway before and told me all the stuff I needed to know about choosing an iron. Even advised to get the clubs around march since a lot of the new lines come in and a lot of the older models get discounted. Definitely my guy now when I buy the clubs.

Tried a cobra s3 and a Nike machspeed. Both are alright but he said the stiff flex is better because it had less back spin. Here's the shots I did with a 7 iron.

http://instagram.com/p/U7lfW4ntVM/

npham
01-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Those launch monitors at Golf Town aren't always accurate. I would use them to compare irons but they are not really a good indicator of distance outside.

However, the stiff flex, vs regular, etc has a lot to do with your swing speed and how you load a shaft(tempo). What was your swing speed? Spin gets your ball in the air, so having too little isn't a good thing either for irons. Low spin on a driver is good because of the lower lofts and a mishit is exaggerated with a driver.

flipstah
01-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Good luck on your iron hunting!

I learned that the only thing worth buying new are wedges.

... Still doesn't help my game. Come on, 80s! High 90s blow bawlz.

vtec4life
01-28-2013, 10:11 AM
GO TIGER!!!!!!!!

He was just killin it yesterday... 10 holes left to play and he's 6 shots up.

DENZILDON
01-31-2013, 02:01 PM
I didn't know that the SUTP coupon book can be bought via iphone or android. lol! My wife bought it already and there's a few good BOGO golf stuffs in there.

Definitely going to help my budget! lol!

vtec4life
01-31-2013, 04:20 PM
Picking up an R11s tonight... If anyone wants a RH Adams Speedline driver 9 degree stiff shaft let me know.

got_mike33
02-02-2013, 12:47 AM
I know this is pretty short notice, but is anyone interested in some virtual golf Saturday or Sunday? My afternoons are pretty free!

flipstah
02-06-2013, 10:04 PM
SONOFABITCH.

Do want!!!!! :banghead: :love: :thumbsup: :drool:

vVorEfG8mEY

DENZILDON
02-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Went to golftown yesterday and the new stuffs are in! But the old stuff hasn't really gone down on price with a few exceptions.

Hopefully come early march they bring the price down so I can snatch em.