PDA

View Full Version : Aloe Vera juice.

Seth1968
01-22-2013, 01:00 PM
I was cruising the local Sprawlmart the other day when I came across Aloe Vera juice.

Long story short, I've finally got a healthy addiction:)

http://www.lovingfit.com/nutrition/the-incredible-benefits-of-aloe-vera-juice/

Tik-Tok
01-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Reading that page and watching the videos reminds me of the Acai Berry juice craze a few years ago.

Seth1968
01-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Reading that page and watching the videos reminds me of the Acai Berry juice craze a few years ago.

Beats me, I didn't read it.

G
01-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Reading that page and watching the videos reminds me of the Goji Berry juice craze a few years ago.

G
01-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Reading that page and watching the videos reminds me of the Wheat Grass juice craze a few years ago.

My_name_is_Rob
01-22-2013, 01:43 PM
How much aloe does this water actually contain? Is it just a minimal amount so they can market it as 'aloe water', or is there actually a significant content?

Disoblige
01-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by My_name_is_Rob
How much aloe does this water actually contain? Is it just a minimal amount so they can market it as 'aloe water', or is there actually a significant content?
Haha, there is a reason why Chinese stores sell a 1-1.5L bottle for only $2-3.

It's ~10% aloe juice, rest just fructose, glucose, water.

GQBalla
01-22-2013, 02:06 PM
yeah its full of sugar

Disoblige
01-22-2013, 02:11 PM
3 months later, Seth's posting in the Health & Fitness subsection on how to lose 15 lb he mysteriously gained :D

My_name_is_Rob
01-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Haha, there is a reason why Chinese stores sell a 1-1.5L bottle for only $2-3.

It's ~10% aloe juice, rest just fructose, glucose, water.

So like a noncarbonated "healthy" soda?

Might as well just buy an aloe plant and add it to tap water then. Probably healthier, minus the resulting bad breath. :rofl:

Disoblige
01-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by My_name_is_Rob

So like a noncarbonated "healthy" soda?

Might as well just buy an aloe plant and add it to tap water then. Probably healthier, minus the resulting bad breath. :rofl:
It's more like just a juice with loads of sugar and bits of aloe for smooth texture (which is why most people like it). It's not that healthy. It's like drinking Frutopia, and saying that's healthy just because there is a small % of real fruit juice in it.

The problem with your own aloe plant is that you also have to add tons of sugar or else it'll taste like shit :rofl:

Hallowed_point
01-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Yuck..I tried one bottle of Aloe Vera juice actually more like a couple of sips before I hucked it in the garbage. Same category as bubble tea for me , I don't understand how so many ppl can enjoy that :barf:

Kg810
01-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
Yuck..I tried one bottle of Aloe Vera juice actually more like a couple of sips before I hucked it in the garbage. Same category as bubble tea for me , I don't understand how so many ppl can enjoy that :barf:

I bet you've only tried powdered bubble tea, that shit is disgusting.

Actual fresh fruit bubble tea and real milk tea is delicious.

Hallowed_point
01-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Kg810

I bet you've only tried powdered bubble tea, that shit is disgusting.

Actual fresh fruit bubble tea and real milk tea is delicious.

Not sure..got it on 17 Ave so probably powdered. Those tapioca pearls are vile ..reminds me of that failed 90's drink Orbit. Maybe I'll give it another try if I can find the kind your describing.

Mibz
01-22-2013, 02:53 PM
I don't think I've ordered bubble tea with pearls in 2 years.

Disoblige
01-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Hallowed won't like any BBT if he hates pearls. It's just a smoothie then.
Haha, I was going to say, I loved Orbit.

GQBalla
01-22-2013, 03:07 PM
i don't order tapioca in my bubble tea.

I always get Milk tea. none of that fruit ish

jsn
01-23-2013, 03:59 AM
When you say you have a healthy addiction I seriously hope you don't drink it like water thinking it's "healthy." If it's the ones you find in the Asian section of the supermarket, it's full of sugar and definitely not good for you.

r3ccOs
01-24-2013, 11:29 AM
lol... is "bubble" tea milkshakes actually Taiwanese the way we make it here? Where is the tea? Its a fricken smoothie or milkshake with pearls

I still perfer real milk/tea hot with pearls, the way it should be :D

anyways, everything has their hype... but foods high in anti-oxidants are good for you, some foods containing higher amounts than others...

Aloe has been used for all sorts of applications for years... so this really comes as no surprise, but I much perfer the grapey sugary drink than the actual extract itself... thats yukky

EK69
01-25-2013, 03:25 AM
Loinking at the nutritional info on the one I have at home there doesn't seem to be any sugar in it whatsoever :dunno: post a pic of the one u drink op?