PDA

View Full Version : Any Ford sales people on beyond?

Redlyne_mr2
01-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Friend is looking for a new Escape Titanium. Any recommendations?

corsvette
01-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Go see Ed Wan at Cam Clark, one of the top Ford salesman in Canada for several years. Makes buying pain free as possible and never has to see "the manager" to give a good deal.

spikerS
01-23-2013, 06:01 PM
I would have recommended the guys I dealt with when I bought my truck, except now they have weaselled out of what was supposed to be, and was written into the deal.

Moral of the story:

When writing an offer, and expressly asking for a tow package to be installed, to them, means only putting on a trailer hitch, and not an oil / tranny cooler, brake controller and 7 pin wiring, even though you have been expressing the whole time that you are going to be towing an RV...

Masked Bandit
01-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Steve Black at Universal Ford (sales manager). Tell him that Darren Roy at Touchstone Insurance sent him over but call ahead to make sure he's going to be around the dealership.

Tik-Tok
01-23-2013, 06:55 PM
I've also got a question for any Ford salesmen, but don't want to contact the dealership, if anyone on here is, please PM me.

THE GOVERNATOR
01-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by spikers
I would have recommended the guys I dealt with when I bought my truck, except now they have weaselled out of what was supposed to be, and was written into the deal.

Moral of the story:

When writing an offer, and expressly asking for a tow package to be installed, to them, means only putting on a trailer hitch, and not an oil / tranny cooler, brake controller and 7 pin wiring, even though you have been expressing the whole time that you are going to be towing an RV...

can you tow a RV with a ecoboost F150?, wait are we walking 5th wheel camper? or hitch camper?

danno
01-23-2013, 07:32 PM
I have a buddy at advantage. He did a good job for my mom and her escape. Pm me for his details

spikerS
01-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by THE GOVERNATOR

can you tow a RV with a ecoboost F150?, wait are we walking 5th wheel camper? or hitch camper?

Seriously? LOL

the Ecoboost with the max tow package, the truck is rated to tow 11,200 lbs which is 1 ton territory. The f150 with ecoboost and the WORST setup possible is still rated to tow 8300lbs.

and FWIW, I am towing a bumper pull trailer. I don't trust the idea of sliding 5th wheel hitches. I would be constantly worried about popping my rear window or dending the rear corners.

THE GOVERNATOR
01-23-2013, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by spikers

Seriously? LOL

the Ecoboost with the max tow package, the truck is rated to tow 11,200 lbs which is 1 ton territory. The f150 with ecoboost and the WORST setup possible is still rated to tow 8300lbs.

and FWIW, I am towing a bumper pull trailer. I don't trust the idea of sliding 5th wheel hitches. I would be constantly worried about popping my rear window or dending the rear corners.

Okay fair enough, but when you said RV, im thinking why the hell is he towing a motor home with a Ecoboost, kinda want to look into one of them. the wife suggested the Raptor. but i think its a lot more?..

Twenty
01-23-2013, 08:45 PM
PM coming your way.

spikerS
01-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by THE GOVERNATOR

Okay fair enough, but when you said RV, im thinking why the hell is he towing a motor home with a Ecoboost, kinda want to look into one of them. the wife suggested the Raptor. but i think its a lot more?..

The Raptor is a pretty sweet truck, I wanted one pretty bad too, but honestly, unless you are sand racing it every second weekend, you are wasting your money. It was developed for the baha 5000. The truck is poorly setup for any off roading you will find out here.

You would be better off getting a FX4 package, and with the money you saved, putting in some aftermarket stuff that suits the kind of off roading available to us here.

FX4 is going to be about 42-45k.
Raptor base with no options is 56k iirc

dewytrain
01-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Chad Woodland @ Okotoks Ford