PDA

View Full Version : lowes f*-up - gas vs electric dryer

AndyL
01-27-2013, 10:28 PM
Omg why can't anything go smooth?

New washer dryer set picked up today, go to install, find Lowes "upgraded" me to a NG dryer... :banghead: I really don't want to haul it back up those stairs... back into the truck and back to Calgary...

Rather than taking it back, its about a 6' run to an existing capped T to bring NG to it...

With a princess who changes outfits 4 times a day, an infant fond of soiling himself... two adults (one an ocd former nurse) do i need to say - we do a LOT of laundry...

Do I just run with it, get the Ng line done - or go get another case of beer and get some help hauling it back up the stairs?

Unknown303
01-27-2013, 10:45 PM
I'd say hook it up. But I used to be working towards a pipefitters ticket so I'm a little more comfortable around gas.

Supa Dexta
01-27-2013, 10:49 PM
6ft is nothing if its a straight run, and already there for you to use. I'd complain to them about it though, and see what they say. Is one model not more expensive then the other?

AndyL
01-27-2013, 11:01 PM
Yeah, the website says the gas is 300$ more than the electric we paid for...

Not quite a straight run, but short enough one could get away with flex the whole way.

Super_Geo
01-27-2013, 11:09 PM
Nat gas is cheaper than electricity for operational/fuel cost.

Sounds like a fortunate mix-up for you... should save you more than the $300 differential in the long run.

Hook it up!

DEATH2000
01-27-2013, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Nat gas is cheaper than electricity for operational/fuel cost.

Sounds like a fortunate mix-up for you... should save you more than the $300 differential in the long run.

Hook it up!
This.

I had to replace my dryer when the motor died. Most of the sales guys said NG was better for the long term as its cheaper to run. The unit itself was more expensive but some said you could see $10-15 drops in your monthly bill. I bought an electric dryer because it was cheaper in the the immediate time and I needed one right away.

projekz
01-28-2013, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by AndyL
two adults (one an ocd former nurse) do i need to say - we do a LOT of laundry...

Didn't know you were a nurse.:rofl:

I agree with the guys, just run a NG line and enjoy the benefits of Lowes' mistake.

AndyL
01-28-2013, 07:20 AM
:rofl:

Nufy
01-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Do you need to vent/exhaust it as well ?

Sugarphreak
01-28-2013, 12:23 PM