PDA

View Full Version : Tempur-Pedic Mattress??

trdjce10
02-16-2004, 12:18 AM
I have been wanting to get a new mattress for past several months. The one I sleep on I bought pretty cheap (no name brand) several years ago, and sometimes I get back pain in the morning.

Anyway, I have been hearing this Tempur-Pedic mattress. Anyone here have one?

XylathaneGTR
02-16-2004, 01:34 AM
Yeah, i've also been wondering about these...

1badPT
02-16-2004, 04:45 AM
I don't have one but i considered it as well until i went to that as seen on tv store in marlboro mall. I felt it and it felt soft and all but it didn't feel like something i could sleep in. I ended up getting a Sealy - the entry level one is actually the best one for posture - the ones with extra padding are actually worse for your back. Go demo one in the store before you buy a piece of space sponge :tongue:

Kona9
02-16-2004, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by 1badPT
Go demo one in the store before you buy a piece of space sponge :tongue:

I would get kicked out!! A true bed demo includes 8 or more hours of uninterupted sleep, and ..................well you know!!! She's not down with that....................Yet!!!:angel:

Melinda
02-16-2004, 11:38 AM
I have a tempur-pedic pillow and I love it...makes my neck feel SO much better every morning

t3rry
02-16-2004, 11:49 AM
i was thinking of getting just the overlay thing, you can get a mattress cover of the memory foam stuff from costco for like $130 for a queen

trdjce10
02-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Oh so they have them on demo ah? Nothing to do today I guess I will go have a look.

Melinda: where did you get the pillow? You just order it through the phone.

Thanks for the response guys!

t3rry
02-16-2004, 02:02 PM
you can get the pillows at costco as well

trdjce10
02-17-2004, 12:11 AM
Ahh...now I gotta find someone with the Costco membership. :D

I went to Malboure (spelling?) mall today, and felt the memory foam mattress. It wasn't Tempur-Pedic...it was the TV Store own brand call Dream Away. They claim to have the same material as Tempur-Pedic, and they showed a price comparison. Tempur-Pedic is pretty expensive at like $2000 for the queen size. The Dream Away is almost half the price.

I think I will go what t3rry suggest, get the overlay and see how it works. If its good, then I might consider the full mattress.