PDA

View Full Version : Travelpack Canada

msommers
01-29-2013, 12:09 AM
Not sure how reputable these guys are but from I can tell, they're quite shady.

I booked a flight from South Africa to Kenya from Sky Scanner. Everything went normally, got the confirmation right away and things looked good, until a few hours later.

I get an email saying I was declined because I failed the verification process. Initially I just thought it was MBNA being its picky self, especially involving potential transactions in Africa all the sudden. I call them up to get it sorted out, only to find to find out there actually was no transaction request and nothing was declined.

Now the decline email was making a bit more sense. Further in the email, they said I could send money via EMT or bank wire to ensure my spot. This is what really threw me off.

So I called them to see what then hell is happening and they said you can try another CC. Well whatever I guess. Same verification fail a couple hours later. Now I have to phone VISA and MBNA to ensure these idiots don't try to put a charge on my cards. I got another email saying that they don't charge the cards until I've passed the verification stage, whatever is involved with that, and was assured no charges will be made or attempted. We'll see if that holds true.

End of the day they might be honest but from what I can tell, maybe see what other options are out there first. I ended up finding the same deal on Orbitz with no external providing company - same price too.

jazzyb
05-15-2013, 07:00 AM
yeah i'm having similar problems, over 24 hrs later and I have not recieved my e-ticket

jazzyb
05-16-2013, 01:24 AM
Do not trust these scammers, their prices are low and legit but id rather pay more and no go through the ordeal.
I booked my flight through the while I'm here in WIesbaden. I got an email over 24hrs later telling me my VIsa was declined, I then called Visa who confirmed the money was taken. Travel Pack then emailed me directions to send money via bank or western union.

Long story short, I had to get my ticket direct from BA.