PDA

View Full Version : Old man Power

Redlyne_mr2
02-16-2004, 01:33 AM
What's the deal with this power at what age are we graced with it? I don't understand how old, out of shape guys can take down 1 or often even numerous younger guys. I'm 23 6'1 175lbs, my dads 5'9 200lbs and I still cant take him down, the battles have even gone as far as him putting me into a choke hold until I pass out. I've tried everything, except for kicks and punches which I won't do for obvious reasons, and nothing seems to work.

Weapon_R
02-16-2004, 01:35 AM
Ever try to fight some 40 year old? Better have a good number of you. Who knows, maybe it's the years of work and aging that's made them hard.

GorG
02-16-2004, 02:01 AM
yea they're tuff stuff, i swear i've seen my dad get mad before like really pissed and its not pretty, he could snap me like a twig, theres nothing that i could do to him to take him down, he always pulls away and gets me 10 times worse.. and my dads from the old country so its even worse.

SoSlowDx
02-16-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Ever try to fight some 40 year old? Better have a good number of you. Who knows, maybe it's the years of work and aging that's made them hard.

Yup if it weren't for the quick running it would of been game over

ecstasy_civic
02-16-2004, 11:42 PM
its "man" strength.

My step dad is 6' 200lbs grew up on the farm and is now a fire fighter.
and FUCK! lol
I have to give all ive got to get him down, mind you im 5'10 195 but still, we had a scrap end up out in our front lawn last year, lol it was a wrestling match gone wrong:eek:
well didnt know at the time but our neighbors were having a HUGE company bbq in there backyard lol

they sure got a show:rofl:

James
02-16-2004, 11:52 PM
I dont think I will EVER be able to beat up my Dad, hes only 20 years older then me ( 20 and 40).....and hes huge (350lbs+), but still solid as a rock......he was bugging me the other day because i have been going to the gym recently..... "so i guess your gonna want to arm wrestle me pretty soon?"......"ummm nope, what would be the point of that!"

bunos
02-17-2004, 07:17 PM
My boss is 6' 200 lbs, and a crazy fucker. He also has 10 years kickboxing and is one of Mike Miles' good friends. Tell me that isn't motivation to do a good job:)

ecstasy_civic
02-17-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by bunos
My boss is 6' 200 lbs, and a crazy fucker. He also has 10 years kickboxing and is one of Mike Miles' good friends. Tell me that isn't motivation to do a good job:)

whos your boss?
I might know of him

hockeybronx
02-18-2004, 10:32 PM
Can't beat up your dad?

Ah just kick him in the nuts and then kick him while he's down.

Just kidding, I don't share your problem because my dad's a wuss.

ecstasy_civic
02-18-2004, 10:47 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
thats hilarious

Benny
02-18-2004, 10:49 PM
That's the way of life. Dad's are supposed to be able to kick ass. You learn your manners when you got a foot up your ass don't you?

pinoyhero
02-20-2004, 08:25 AM
I think it has to do with confidence

jdmsource
02-20-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Benny
That's the way of life. Dad's are supposed to be able to kick ass. You learn your manners when you got a foot up your ass don't you?
:werd:

sputnik
02-20-2004, 10:05 AM
short heavy guys have a lower center of gravity...

its all about the GIRTH!

B17a
02-20-2004, 10:39 AM
Maybe you're all just a woosy bunch of Mama's boys! :D :D

ZorroAMG
02-20-2004, 11:04 AM
Yeah, Lebanese spazzing dads are kinda scary to fuck with, therefore, I never have and never will LOL...I think I could maybe take my mom if I had to... hahahha

Ben
02-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Ryan, you're just too tall man, you gotta get LOW! Your dad has a height advantage on ya, the stalkier the better, thats why all those olympic wrestlers are so thick and only like 5'9-5'10.

Get real low and go for the legs. once he's down, give him the iron cross (Half nelson/chicken wing) and he wont move, and you stayed legal in Official olympic wrestling rules ;) :D

Hakkola
02-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Hahahaha, this thread is getting close to my dad can kick your dads ass :rofl:

I think it's just where and how they grew up, there's lots of week 40-50 year olds.

My dad kicked my ass awhile ago though, he's been working in the mines in Indonesia and Africa for the past 35+ years, he's gansta ;)

Maybe when I gain 70 pounds I can put him down, or when he just gets too old, but hell, when he's 90 he'll probably still kick my ass.

hjr
02-20-2004, 12:33 PM
ya, my dad could take me. im as tall as him and he has maybe 10 pounds on me (some flab) yet there is no way ui could take him. its wierd. Im not even sure i could take my mom. She can definelty push me around (she is like 5'6") im 6'1". I JUST CANT get low enough to stop her, haha

BebeAphrodite
02-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Didn't some old guy with cauliflower ears beat Tito's ass at some UFC competition?

403Gemini
02-21-2004, 08:12 PM
simple reason man

its called "MAN strength"

yes we're all men here but we cant beat up our dads. why? cause they have this hidden adrenaline that kicks in when they fight young scabs like us ;) its almost impossible to win lol, wait till hes 65 then attack ;) just beware of the cane!

edit:

oops didnt see this lol

Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
its "man" strength.

My step dad is 6' 200lbs grew up on the farm and is now a fire fighter.
and FUCK! lol
I have to give all ive got to get him down, mind you im 5'10 195 but still, we had a scrap end up out in our front lawn last year, lol it was a wrestling match gone wrong:eek:
well didnt know at the time but our neighbors were having a HUGE company bbq in there backyard lol

they sure got a show:rofl:

Hakkola
02-22-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
Didn't some old guy with cauliflower ears beat Tito's ass at some UFC competition?

Hahaha, yeah, but appearantly it's all because of his protein powder :rofl: I wonder how much his dignity cost?

Pacman
02-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Yeah, Lebanese spazzing dads are kinda scary to fuck with, therefore, I never have and never will LOL...I think I could maybe take my mom if I had to... hahahha

Nah dude, I still think "mom duke" would kick your skinny ass.

BTW, do you still wear that man purse.....you know, the one you had around the same time you had that Jetta??

Hakkola
02-22-2004, 11:28 PM
You sound a little bitter, still mad you wanted a piece of his ass and couldn't get any action??

As for the man purse, it's called style, and I'm willing to bet money that even though I didn't know him at the time his "man purse" was a book bag.

Maybe when you step out of the closet you'll realize book bags are actually in style unless your a woodsmen or backpacking underground hip hop dick sucker.

skyway
02-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Style? It's called faggotry. And, you just bought it wholesale....you are Marks bitch!

Hahahahahahaha!!!! Way to go Hakim or whatever your name is.

Hakkola
02-23-2004, 05:17 PM
Nope, a friend, ever had one?

Name isn't even close to Hakim you clown. Try again.

skyway
02-23-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
No, I'm Marks friend, ever had one?

Sure have sucker.

Dahero
02-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by skyway

Sure have sucker.

HA HA HA HA

Hakkim got his ass OWNED:rofl: :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
02-23-2004, 06:37 PM
Keep this thread on topic please guys, those personal attacks aren't necessary

ZorroAMG
02-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Pacman

Nah dude, I still think "mom duke" would kick your skinny ass.

BTW, do you still wear that man purse.....you know, the one you had around the same time you had that Jetta??

James,

Just curious when are you going to take '92 5.0 Mustang off your profile and put your civic on there, the car you REALLY own. As far as I care, put your company loaner car (Non-supercharged grand prix) too, but don't try to make fun of me when you will only get 0wned on here.

Some people that pretend they are your friend (or were) in real life and have to resort to making fun of others because of their own insecurities make me laugh.

Oh, and my skinny ass still gets me what I want in life and I will never need a bench press or steroids to define who I am, so find some other way to unsuccessfully burn me, you are tiresome ;)

How's your weight loss program treating you? :)

Hakkola
02-23-2004, 07:00 PM
Hahahaha, now that's an owning.

Maybe for some more advice skyway should check into sylvan learning center, teach him how to read.

Pacman
02-23-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Just curious when are you going to take '92 5.0 Mustang off your profile and put your civic on there, the car you REALLY own. As far as I care, put your company loaner car (Non-supercharged grand prix) too, but don't try to make fun of me when you will only get 0wned on here.

Actually the Civic, as well as the mustang, are both sold. But thanks for pointing that out to me...I'll get on changing my profile info right away. I’m not exactly sure how I got owned on that useless bit of trivia…so please explain. Is it kinda like the time you were buzzing around town showing off that fake Tag Heuer watch and telling everybody it was real??

Oh, and my skinny ass still gets me what I want in life and I will never need a bench press or steroids to define who I am, so find some other way to unsuccessfully burn me, you are tiresome ;)

Thanks for that little tidbit of misinformation Mark. I would like to enter my rebuttal before your smear campaign gets out of hand and sullies my image on this fine website.
My 235lb ass allows me to also get what I want in life. And, like you, I will never need a bench press or steroids to define who I am. I work out for recreational purposes only, and dedicate my time to the finer things in life.

How's your weight loss program treating you? :)

Thanks for asking….but it’s not going very well. Since you brought it up, I was hoping you could let me in on your little secret on how you keep yourself so svelte.

ZorroAMG
02-24-2004, 12:11 AM
Well Jamie,

It's nice to see that you don't have a problem with making fun of someone who you used to be friends with, so I'll make this very clear.

I understand that you are a very cynical, angry person who has always been jealous of many people around you. I take your personal attacks on me in the couple of random posts here on beyond as evidence of your jealousy towards me as well. I have never once given you reason to dislike me, so I will chalk it up to your pessimistic outlook on life.

With regard to my claiming my fake Tag watch was real, I honestly do not remember saying anything of the sort. B.L. and our other friends knew it was fake, so why would I lie to YOU? To impress someone I had no reason to? Even if I did say that, what makes the story so funny is that you remember such an insignificant issue from 8 or 9 yrs ago. Makes me wonder how bottled up your insecurities really are.

Your preoccupation with your weight or body makes you think that everyone who is slim hates the way they are. Well I have no problem with the way I look, neither do any of the wide variety of women I have dated, so why do you??

I was in no way TRYING to smear your "reputation" on beyond, you do it quite well on your own, I was merely defending myself since it was obvious your comments were an effort to insult me or hurt my feelings. Well they did. I am hurt that you think I give a rat's ass about you or what you think.

Now to me, there never has been an issue with us, and I intend to keep it that way, i'd appreciate if you keep your dark, useless remarks to me in your head, I have no room in my life for that kind of garbage.

Good luck with life....

Kind regards,

Mark K. Ghanimé

Pacman
02-24-2004, 02:00 PM
Touché

Loose
02-26-2004, 12:01 PM
group hug

GTS Jeff
03-02-2004, 01:45 AM
hehe what a good thread. i wish beyond had more of these kinda threads instead of stupid ricer ones about drifting.

heh, my dad has always been able to pin me down, although i think im getting close to being able to take him down now...hes like 51 or something and for the past 3 years that ive lived on my own ive eaten nothing but beef steak and homo milk.

Ben
03-02-2004, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
beef steak and homo milk.

Jeff loves his beef steak and homo milk. Whats his name?