PDA

View Full Version : ADT home security

hrdkore
01-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Anyone know an installer and can get an installer code. I bought a house that had a deactivated system, but i kinda like having the local bell go off if there was activity in the house when it was armed. I'm now getting this bF error that i cant get rid of. I don't think adt will come and fix this without me signing up for one of their ridiculous plans.

or if you know how to fix this without recommending i disconnect the system, that would be much appreciated.

brandon
01-31-2013, 01:30 PM
ADT is one of those companies that will never release the installer codes.. they have company policies in place that will prevent any employee to hand over any installer code.

That being said it's usually a standard number attached with the account number associated from the monitoring station.

Your best bet is to ask local alarm companies for an unlocked DSC unit that has been returned to them (scrap)

if you're comfortable with hooking the unit up yourself.

autosm
02-04-2013, 08:42 PM
United alarm had no problem getting into my ADT system when I switched over to them

They might be able to fix you up.

ADT wanted a lot to ad a couple of things and fix the problem you have

The installer also did work for Adt

skandalouz_08
02-04-2013, 10:36 PM
My buddy owns an alarm company that typically uses the existing system in place. Try calling John at 403-471-6881 and tell him Des sent you.

brandon
02-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Yup that being said... if you have an installer buddy he can always take down the panel and default it.

It erases everything and just uses the standard codes that are available in the installer manual.

OP, do you happen to know what type of system you are using?

hrdkore
02-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by brandon
Yup that being said... if you have an installer buddy he can always take down the panel and default it.

It erases everything and just uses the standard codes that are available in the installer manual.

OP, do you happen to know what type of system you are using?

after some time spent googling I was able to get into the program mode, where i can change the installer code, now if anyone has a ADT vista 20P model or safewatch 3000, I can help.

G
02-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by hrdkore

after some time spent googling I was able to get into the program mode, where i can change the installer code, now if anyone has a ADT vista 20P model or safewatch 3000, I can help.

Good for you....what a difference between smart people and people who sit there and wait to be fed.:thumbsup: