PDA

View Full Version : Acne out of nowhere, vitamins?

Supa Dexta
02-01-2013, 06:38 PM
So I'm racking my brain the last couple of weeks on whats going on, I started getting acne on my shoulders and forehead a bit.. I'm near 30 yrs old and have had clear skin for years now.. The odd pimple here and there, but it seems I've got them daily now and I have no idea why..

If anything I'm eating better the last month, more active - but not sweating any major amount, I'm washing diligently with this in mind.. etc The only thing I can think thats different is that I started taking a regular 'one a day' vitamin a few weeks ago? But I think I had a couple pop up before I bought the vitamins..

I had started to use a different soap when I noticed it starting and went back to my old soap, so I dont think thats still it.. Drinking lots of water... etc

Its kind of driving me nuts though! Feel like a teenager again :dunno:

Disoblige
02-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Drink a lot more water?
Eat more food with antioxidants? (pills maybe?)

Maybe it's certain foods you're eating lately.

Supa Dexta
02-01-2013, 07:04 PM
I'm hitting the water quite a bit.. And have actually switched to pretty well 0 fast food, and more home made wraps and stuff, full of peppers and veggies and stuff...rice, any breads are whole grain.. its odd that I start to eat better and this happens.. lol So unless someone's spiking me with roids, I don't know why the bacne all of a sudden.

No more stress then usual or anything.

desto2para
02-01-2013, 07:27 PM
+1 with water.
I'm not sure about vitamins but I find alot of things can trigger my acne, I've notice increase intake of caffeine, and stress as well.
could be that same with you? :dunno:

lint
02-01-2013, 08:26 PM
dairy?

revelations
02-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like your body is detoxifying itself..... esp if youre used to eating fast food daily.

I went through a fruit and veg juice fast for a week years ago, and I found the same results: acne .... (I was also eating lots of fast food at the time)

BrknFngrs
02-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Can't comment on vitamins specifically, but I had the same reaction when I was supplementing my diet with Udo's Oil.

CanmoreOrLess
02-01-2013, 10:16 PM
See a doctor, your immune system seems iffy. When was your last physical?

Supa Dexta
02-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Immune system is fine I think, I'm the only one in this house to avoid the flu.

May just be the eating better and/or starting these vitamins. No increase in dairy or anything. I'm a pretty healthy guy otherwise, but was lazy up until the new year with a broken arm and eating junky... I'm sure it will pass.

CanmoreOrLess
02-02-2013, 10:34 AM
No answer to the question of your last physical. So let's see what it could be (your life, sidestep a doctor, your call):

A sudden outbreak of adult acne in a patient who's in his 30s or 40s can indicate type 2 diabetes; according to the American Diabetes Association, diabetic skin complications, including acne, occur in up to one-third of diabetes patients at some point. Because type 2 diabetes reduces the body's ability to heal from infection, acne in diabetics can be particularly difficult to treat.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/97859-adult-acne-indicator-other-health/#ixzz2JlBgZxqK

Supa Dexta
02-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Thanks, but not showing any other symptoms of early diabetes.

No physicals - Other than getting checked over when I bang myself up in one way or another.

suntan
02-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Taking Vit E gives me zits, guaranteed.

Also Omega 3s.

Also make sure you wash yourself well after a workout. God I cringe at those people that just change after sweating buckets because they're too modest to show their dinkys.

403Gemini
02-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Anything change in your life? Any big stressful events? I find when I go through A LOT of stress (busy season with work, when I was purchasing my house, etc) I would get zits on the back on my head... drives me nuts.

Supa Dexta
02-05-2013, 11:55 PM
So I havent been exactly scientific about weeding things out, but I stopped the vitamins and havent been eating the best again, and now I'm back to normal.. :nut:

scboss
02-06-2013, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
So I havent been exactly scientific about weeding things out, but I stopped the vitamins and havent been eating the best again, and now I'm back to normal.. :nut:

Do you sweat alot when you sleep? Maybe not cleaning pillow cases enough? Try sleeping on a new towel every day for a week. Worked for me before

Supa Dexta
02-06-2013, 04:59 AM
Nah, And I actually had bought brand new bedding a couple of weeks ago, washed it before use....etc I still think it had something to do with those vitamins.. Ill try them again in a couple of weeks and see if it happens again.

wintonyk
02-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Cycle off the roids.

Haha but seriously.

Vitamin A. Eat those carrots and sweet potatoes. Essentially thats what accutane is in mega doses. But I would suggest just tossing a couple cups of your colourful vegetables into your daily diet making 1 of them our orange friends.

Vit E and your B vitamins. Odds are though you aren't in short supply of those though.

The other one is potentially chromium and zinc. Chromium gets depleted faster when you have a higher sugar diet. Getting enough of these minerals help facilitate healing of skin infection and help heal skin.

Have those vegetables with fats though as A and E are fat soluble and it helps facilitate absorption.

So have a meal with whole grains (b-vitamins) some bright coloured vegetables (Vitamin A), a bit of extra virgin olive oil drizzled over (fats and Vit E) and have some red meats. Perfect meal really.

Dairy is high in Vit A as well but I have heard like mentioned earlier dairy could be a potential cause (pro-flammatory reaction to dairy proteins like an allergy)

This article may help:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/79444-vitamins-clear-acne/

jdmXSI
02-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Ever used oil of oregano? Might smell like a pizza afterwards though...lol

Oil of oregano acne benefits (https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&tbo=d&q=oil+of+oregano+benefits+acne&revid=2135547533&sa=X&ei=N3gSUdbQG43PqAHO5oDQCw&ved=0CGEQ1QIoBDgK&biw=480&bih=268)

revelations
02-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by suntan
Taking Vit E gives me zits, guaranteed.

Also Omega 3s.

Also make sure you wash yourself well after a workout. God I cringe at those people that just change after sweating buckets because they're too modest to show their dinkys.

Its not about dinkys - not everyone stinks after going to the gym and sweating buckets.

All I need is some deodorant and back to work I go :)

suntan
02-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Nah, I understand that, but I've seen people drenched in sweat take off their stuff and then put on their street clothes and their shirt gets immediately wet. Yikes.