PDA

View Full Version : EDM show in an arena?

trieu
02-03-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm thinking about going to ASOT 600 in NYC at Madison Square Garden. Tickets are sold out so I have to resort to Stubhub. Obviously the floor is where its at, but has anyone gone to a show at an arena and had tickets in the stands? How was your experience? Is it even worth going to?
Thanks

dj_patm
02-04-2013, 12:09 PM
I've never been to a show in an arena but I have seen a show upstairs at Flames Central where there is limited room to dance or anything.

It was pretty lame but if you're not planning on mingling with strangers and think you can stay in one spot the whole night then it shouldn't be a big deal.

GS430
02-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by trieu
I'm thinking about going to ASOT 600 in NYC at Madison Square Garden. Tickets are sold out so I have to resort to Stubhub. Obviously the floor is where its at, but has anyone gone to a show at an arena and had tickets in the stands? How was your experience? Is it even worth going to?
Thanks

First off, fuck stubhub. Greedy bastards.

Secondly, you're experiencing something as amazing as ASOT, I would definitely NOT want to be in the stands for that.

JRSC00LUDE
02-04-2013, 12:20 PM
What is ASOT?

jav_
02-04-2013, 12:27 PM
armin van buuren - a state of trance

black13
02-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Oh man it would be worth every penny to get floor seats for ASOT. That's one show I would love to go to especially in NY.

JRSC00LUDE
02-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by jav_
armin van buuren - a state of trance

Thanks.

Personally not my cup of tea but given what it is - Go floor or go home man.

It would likely be a RAD floor experience, I can't see the appeal of a seat. A good show is watched and heard from the seats but you actually "feel it" when you're in the masses, seems to me this is exactly the kind of show where you would want that experience.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

DeleriousZ
02-04-2013, 02:37 PM
The closer you are to the stage, the more likely you'll be to experience that euphoric state of complete symbiosis with the music, if you're into that kind of thing.

trieu
02-04-2013, 08:42 PM
I figured thats what everyone would say. Hopefully I get to go, will update this thread with pics of I do.

dirtysamwich
02-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Yeah don't do stands, worst shit ever