PDA

View Full Version : Long Distance Movers

chathamf
02-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Anyone done any long distance moves? Looking for good companies, for a good price. I know if I type almost any company I got a quote from into Google I get nightmare reviews.

projekz
02-03-2013, 07:40 PM
We used Allied from Vancouver to Montreal and again from Montreal to Calgary. They were good with no major issues. I would suggest you get a solid written quote ahead of time. The second time we used them they gave us a $3500 quote after coming to our house and looking at all the stuff we wanted moved. After our stuff arrived in Calgary they now wanted $7800 for everything saying it was way over the quoted weight from the first estimate. I understand it can vary but that's quite the jump. They wouldn't release our stuff until we paid them for the balance (which we did on the spot) and then proceeded to unload the truck. We had no damaged items which was really nice.

After calling a bunch of other moving companies to get quotes, this was after our stuff was delivered, we still came out ahead. I called a bunch of van lines with the weight on the Allied invoice and they were at least $2000 more.

chathamf
02-03-2013, 07:55 PM
That must have been quite a bit of stuff to be that kind of price eh? I'm looking at getting stuff sent from Nova Scotia to Calgary, but not that much stuff. Queen sized mattress, 50" tv, kitchen items, golf clubs, tools, etc.

anothers10
02-03-2013, 08:27 PM
You can try Uship. I have used it twice moving small but heavy loads.

baygirl
02-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Try Downhome movers from Newfoundland. I know last year they quoted me ~$1500 to move my car from Calgary to Newfoundland, and I could fill it with boxes.

Feruk
02-03-2013, 10:42 PM
I moved from Calgary to Red Deer and then back. Used AJM Campbell for both. Both times were good; I'd recommend then.

adamc
02-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Friend of mine has been in the business for years, and is a sales manager at one of the big guys. He's taken care of a lot of high profile moves, if you need another quote and want his contact info shoot me a pm.