Bar C

340 – 17 Ave. SW
(403) 984-3667
http://www.crmr.com/barc/

Food Rating: 6/10
Ambience: 7/10
Service: 9/10

[Pictures were too dark]

Was there a few Saturdays ago around 10:30PM and the place wasn’t busy at all, just a few tables. The place was really dark and it wasn’t too loud. The waitress was really nice and friendly.

Had the Smoked Duck Breast to start and we found it too salty and rubbery. There was quite a bit for $5. Next I had the Seared Tuna and I found the tuna to be a little too tough. The grapefruit vinaigrette was very nice. Very light and sweet. However, the portion was too small.

My friends had the Roast Apple Pie; it came out with caramel on the plate, a stuffed whole apple and ice cream on top. They thought it was mediocre, it was too sweet and it was really hard to eat. I had the Vanilla Crème Brulee. It was served with a biscotti and berries on top. I didn’t care for the biscotti; the berries were a bit sour. The hard caramel on top was a little burnt but very sweet and the custard was very blend. It worked very well together though.

Overall, I won’t be going back anytime soon, the food was ok, the menu is very small and there’s nothing else we would like to try.