PDA

View Full Version : purchased bad used car, can i sue? *proof*

Pages : [1] 2

Ali20
02-04-2013, 09:35 PM
bought a van yesterday and the battery has died on me today, and as well as the hood smoking a lot (I'm afraid its the head gasket).

I contacted the seller and he said he did not know about the battery problem (which is bogus).

The thing is on the Bill of Sale he wrote car is sold as is what is, but i just got to learn what it means, but NOWEHRE in our meeting did he tell me about any problems, said car runs fine with NO Problems.

I have the orgiinal screenshot of the ad, where it says Great Van and $1000 firm, and no where in the ad does it say As-is, so wouldn't this be considered fraud since on the Kijiji ad he didn't write car is "as-is" but on the bill he ended up writing it.

benz_890
02-04-2013, 09:37 PM
NO, unless he was a dealer, all private sales are AS IS.

dj_rice
02-04-2013, 09:37 PM
No. Its not fraud. All private sales that are non-dealer as assumed to be SOLD AS IS.

Its your fault you didnt get it checked out mechanically before buying it.

Redlined_8000
02-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Your trying to sue over a $1000 dollar van having a bad battery and a bit of smoke???

I think your on your own man. You should of checked the van over before buying.

7thgenvic
02-04-2013, 09:39 PM
You bought the car as is.....

End of story....

You can ask, but the fact that you didn't get it checked out before hand is your fault. You should have done the due diligence and had a mechanic look at the car.

You could have driven the car and seen if there were problems.

Seth1968
02-04-2013, 09:39 PM
It doesn't matter what the ad says. What matters is the written bill of sale which states "as is".

EDIT: There were no replies when I started to post this reply.

Disoblige
02-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Sure, the seller is dishonest, but really it's your responsibility to know what's going on. No, it is not fraud that he wrote on the bill of sale that it is sold "as is". If you had a problem with it, you could have just walked away without signing it.

Edit: lol @ all the responses within a few minutes.

Ali20
02-04-2013, 09:43 PM
I've seen tons of ads on Kijiji that have as is listed, this ad should have had the same words written, the fact that it did not, but the bill sale did is a illegal selling strategy in itself.

s dime
02-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Ali20
I've seen tons of ads on Kijiji that have as is listed, this ad should have had the same words written, the fact that it did not, but the bill sale did is a illegal selling strategy in itself.

Ok, fair enough. Go ahead and sue.
:rolleyes:

benz_890
02-04-2013, 09:47 PM

Were you expecting a brand new car for $1000 :facepalm: You bought a $1000 beater and are no complaining that the ad should have said as is or the guy should have told you there is problems. Like it was said above, the onus is on you to check out the vehicle before you bought it, taken it for a inspection, brought along a mechanic friend, whatever it is you do. You don't have shit on the guy who sold it to you, unless he was a dealer.

God, you sound like the douche bag who bought a minivan off my uncle and came knocking when he blew the motor a year later, threatening to sue him.

sr20s14zenki
02-04-2013, 09:48 PM
You wont get anyhing. Buyer beware. Be smarter next time...and dont expect a 1000 $ car to be flawless.

Ali20
02-04-2013, 09:51 PM
I'll try out small claims court or talking to my lawyer tommorrow, let's see what happens.

benz_890
02-04-2013, 09:51 PM
I'll try out small claims court or talking to my lawyer tommorrow, let's see what happens.

:rofl:

roll_over
02-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Ali, $1000 car, :rofl:, NE?

YOU SAID PROOF

Redlined_8000
02-04-2013, 09:53 PM
I scene a troll thread

IggyB
02-04-2013, 09:55 PM

You realize it costs $ to go to small claims?

swak
02-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Would sit in on court case haha.
This guys dreaming

Disoblige
02-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Yeah this is the kind of people I hate. You basically have 8+ people saying the same thing that it's "buyer beware", and this idiot says he'll talk to a lawyer :rofl:

I seriously hope it's a troll, or else you're a complete moron, Ali20.

revelations
02-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Let me guess, you live in the NE and you bought a beat old shit box in the NE?

Now youre going to sue because you didnt know any better to get a mechanical inspection done? LOLZ

OP did you even test drive the thing?

(troll)

7thgenvic
02-04-2013, 10:01 PM
You know lawyers aren't free..... Right?

Unless you can find some U of C law student to represent you... "this guy sold me his car as is...and it doesn't work...."

You're going to win this car for sure...

Seth1968
02-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Yeah this is the kind of people I hate. You basically have 8+ people saying the same thing that it's "buyer beware", and this idiot says he'll talk to a lawyer :rofl:

I seriously hope it's a troll, or else you're a complete moron, Ali20.

Gotta be a troll, as no one can be THAT naive.

...but then again.

asp integra
02-04-2013, 10:02 PM
bahhaha i seriously hope this is a troll

if not, you did sign the bill of sale that says "as is" did you not?
also no lawyer would touch this with a 10 foot pole hahaha

Ali20
02-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I drove it before buying and it was running fine, oil and engine looked fine from what we could tell, just when we got home noticed smoke coming out and than in the morning the battery completely died.

btimbit
02-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Unfortunately, you're on your own. Should have gotten it checked. Yeah the guy is dishonest, but he broke no laws.

J.M.
02-04-2013, 11:09 PM
:facepalm:

Good luck getting your money back!

botox
02-04-2013, 11:22 PM
It's up to you to find the problems and ask the proper questions. Big deal he didn't mention it, the only way you'll win this is if you can prove he indeed lied about something serious on the car which would of made or broke the sale. Not having as is on the kijiji ad is nothing. Consider the $1000 cheap tuition for a lesson learned when buying a used car. If you do go to small claims, good luck.

tobypaddock
02-04-2013, 11:22 PM

can you point me to this law please? why are you even going to speak with a lawyer, it sounds like you know the judicial system front to back.

knob

ddduke
02-04-2013, 11:28 PM
What's wrong with you?

You come here asking a question and looking for advice, then EVERYONE tells you that you're in the wrong and to drop it. Instead of listening to the same answer that EVERYONE is giving you, you decide to ignore it and go off in your own direction.

The lawyer won't cost you a thing because he'll tell you the same thing that EVERYONE else did, you bought a car as is so you're fucked.

btimbit
02-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by ddduke
What's wrong with you?

You come here asking a question and looking for advice, then EVERYONE tells you that you're in the wrong and to drop it. Instead of listening to the same answer that EVERYONE is giving you, you decide to ignore it and go off in your own direction.

The lawyer won't cost you a thing because he'll tell you the same thing that EVERYONE else did, you bought a car as is so you're fucked.

What's wrong with YOU? Clearly this man is some sort of legal fucking mastermind. His genius has made us all look retarded in comparison, who are we to question this gentleman.

Fuck, probably the next NDP leader with his grasp on reality

Kloubek
02-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Seriously OP, just stop. You're not going to win in this thread, and you're not going to win in court or anywhere else as far as this vehicle goes.

I feel for you... I really do. But do understand that a vehicle for $1000 will almost always require you to put money into it to make it completely roadworthy.

Good luck. Just don't waste your time persuing anything. The ONLY recourse you might have is to talk to the guy and say it is doing this, and ask for your money back. He'll almost certainly tell you no, but it might be worth a try.

projekz
02-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Should have bought the extended warranty...:rofl:

revelations
02-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by projekz
Should have bought the extended warranty...:rofl:

hmmmm..... maybe Kijiji should start offering this "service".

KPP ... Kijiji Protection Plan

In fact I might start offering this "service" ..... :rofl:

funkedelic2
02-04-2013, 11:52 PM
$1000 bro what did you expect

cam_wmh
02-05-2013, 01:08 AM
Don't listen to these guys Ali20.

I'm no lawyer, nor do I have any legal experience, but ya know what? I can point you in the direction of someone who wins & takes walk-ins'. http://www.derburgis.com/

As a thank you, I ask only that you keep us apprised.

Best wishes,
Cam

ps, don't forget your retainer.

Seth1968
02-05-2013, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by cam_wmh
Don't listen to these guys Ali20.

I'm no lawyer, nor do I have any legal experience, but ya know what? I can point you in the direction of someone who wins & takes walk-ins'. http://www.derburgis.com/

As a thank you, I ask only that you keep us apprised.

Best wishes,
Cam

ps, don't forget your retainer.

Ali, ask them if you can use the vehicle as the retainer.

DeeK
02-05-2013, 02:55 AM
Can I sue a lawyer because it didn't clearly state that he knew the law anywhere at his firm, which is obviously illegal practice. He also didn't win this case for me and still charged me a fee.

-Ali20

TomcoPDR
02-05-2013, 04:35 AM
Any pics of this beast??? :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :winter:

EK69
02-05-2013, 06:49 AM
Hey buddy don't listen to these ppl telling u that u can't do shit. This is Canada man u can always do shit. Use the legal system and fight against "the man"

I have some ideas on how to go about this... Get that sob for illegally selling u a piece of shit van! Make a video tape or at least an audio recording of ur conversation with the lawyer in order to legally protect urself from any false or misleading statements he may use to procure u as a client. I think only one person needs to know its being recorded anyways so no need to tell the lawyer (might scare him if u tell him so it won't do u any good)

And u know how u have picture proof of the original kijiji ad where it doesn't state "as is" but then the seller employed an illegal selling strategy by changing the terms on u? This video or audio recording would provide similar protection to u from any sneaky and dishonest lawyers u come across.

Oh and make sure u back up the audio or video recording somewhere so u don't lose ur proof.
Something like YouTube works well since its an off site back up that u can access from anywhere u need it like smart phones etc. Pretty convenient to show the judge too

And i dunno if ur like me but no fucking way am I gonna be able to remember that weird ass YouTube address... So do what I do. Write it down. Hell even type it up here so u can again access it anywhere u might need it like on ur smart phone etc. That way u can keep track of all the stuff related to ur case in this thread... And since it's technically an off site back up its totally safe from being lost like a damn piece of paper would be.

Dilmah
02-05-2013, 06:55 AM
Yeah, I drove it before buying and it was running fine, oil and engine looked fine from what we could tell, just when we got home noticed smoke coming out and than in the morning the battery completely died.

So you admit that it was running fine, oil and engine looked fine. So you must have done something to it on the way home because in your own words "it was running fine" before you bought it.

:closed: Next case.

CapnCrunch
02-05-2013, 07:52 AM

You can't even figure out how to buy a used car, but somehow you are a legal expert?

You bought a pos van without getting it inspected. YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON TO BLAME

schocker
02-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Oh these threads are always the best :rofl:
I suggest ali contact ally mcbeal and sort this mess out!

Quoted for posteritry

bought a van yesterday and the battery has died on me today, and as well as the hood smoking a lot (I'm afraid its the head gasket).

I contacted the seller and he said he did not know about the battery problem (which is bogus).

The thing is on the Bill of Sale he wrote car is sold as is what is, but i just got to learn what it means, but NOWEHRE in our meeting did he tell me about any problems, said car runs fine with NO Problems.

I have the orgiinal screenshot of the ad, where it says Great Van and $1000 firm, and no where in the ad does it say As-is, so wouldn't this be considered fraud since on the Kijiji ad he didn't write car is "as-is" but on the bill he ended up writing it.

403Gemini
02-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Maybe the seller wasn't actually shady and the van just shit the bed that night. Coincidental, but it's an older vehicle, so shit happens.

JRSC00LUDE
02-05-2013, 09:17 AM
You know OP, I'll support you. We could save money tag-teaming costs for our legal team as I also got what I feel is less than the experience I thought I purchased and plan to sue. What happened you ask? Well let me just tell you below:

Regardless of what any number of marketers led me to believe, I COULD eat just one. I also, and I mean absolutely beyond even a shadow of a doubt, COULD believe it was NOT butter. These ads are unacceptable.

Seth1968
02-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
You know OP, I'll support you. We could save money tag-teaming costs for our legal team as I also got what I feel is less than the experience I thought I purchased and plan to sue. What happened you ask? Well let me just tell you below:

Regardless of what any number of marketers led me to believe, I COULD eat just one. I also, and I mean absolutely beyond even a shadow of a doubt, COULD believe it was NOT butter. These ads are unacceptable.

In for "The Never Ending Story".

cr0n1c
02-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Is this a joke? If not, this should be a lesson learn for you. $1000 van will have many problems, what were you expecting? If you weren't sure, you should have at least brought it to a mechanic and paid him peanuts or something and now you are trying to sue him? well, good luck ali20!

Alak
02-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Seth1968

In for "The Never Ending Story".

In for that beer commercial where they carry around the keg of beer like it weighs nothing. I got two broken legs to prove otherwise.

JRSC00LUDE
02-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Someone should forward this thread to Merchant Law, they'll make millions on these class actions! Likely enough that they'll throw in OP's costs for free!

Boosted131
02-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Pics of this van?

dirtsniffer
02-05-2013, 01:02 PM
lol, I thought this was a troll thread but searching this guys previous posts leads me to believe he is:
1. very foreign
2. quite dumb

FraserB
02-05-2013, 01:18 PM
OP;

I can fix you battery, they are quite expensive though. It would be $500 with a warranty on the battery. But you can include that cost in your lawsuit.

hrdkore
02-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Oh, how I love the beyond community, OP asks a simple question, possibly first-time buyer and did not understand what the "as is" clause was. Simple replies saying no would have sufficed, but as we know, "If you post, trolls will come"

Disoblige
02-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by hrdkore
Oh, how I love the beyond community, OP asks a simple question, possibly first-time buyer and did not understand what the "as is" clause was. Simple replies saying no would have sufficed, but as we know, "If you post, trolls will come"
All the responses were polite and not rude at all, until OP proved to be an idiot and totally disregarded any thing we said. What's the point of asking a question if you're not going to listen anyways?

DeeK
02-05-2013, 04:34 PM

What's the point of asking a question if you're not going to listen anyways?

quoted for truth!

:werd:

kvg
02-05-2013, 04:34 PM
He totally scammed this guy! OP you should call "your" lawyer, sue and also ask for special damages such as pain and suffering ect. Make sure it's a lawyer that you pay out of pocket, so they don't take a large chunk of your winnings:thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
02-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by hrdkore

no, its more like: if youre an idiot that is hopelessly clueless, the bashing will be in full swing. Most people assume this guy is a troll, since hes living in his own world, and honestly thinks he has a case here.
:rofl:

Everybody is saying: buddy, learn your lesson and move on. He seems to think spending (far more then $1k) on lawyers will rectify his stupidity... which is even more comical.

94_S14
02-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Its a $1000.00 Van.. Get what you pay for.. :dunno:

89s1
02-05-2013, 04:53 PM
In for updates.

Ali20, I can reasonably assume that you make life harder to live for everyone you come in contact with because you are so stupid. If you're not trolling us you should definitely be castrated/neutered. I suggest hurdling barbed wire fences well past the point of exhaustion.

More people as dumb as you walking around this planet would really suck. There is enough already.

Shlade
02-05-2013, 04:56 PM
We need population control bad....

Mitsu3000gt
02-05-2013, 05:06 PM
This has to be a joke lol.

$1000 Kijiji van sold as is where is, no due diligence whatsoever done by purchaser, and taking it to court haha. I'd say it would be a fun case to sit in on, but it would be over in 10 seconds.

Dim_Sum
02-05-2013, 05:39 PM
The fact that the ad was listed at $1000 firm and you payed his asking price, that's your first mistake, it's kijiji should've said $300 cash today,

TurboMedic
02-05-2013, 05:55 PM
I always put "as is" on my bills of sale. I don't know what you do to the vehicle as soon as you drive it away from me, protects me from dip shits like you that think you can go after people for selling used cars. You should have checked it out better

Boosted131
02-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by TurboMedic
I always put "as is" on my bills of sale. I don't know what you do to the vehicle as soon as you drive it away from me, protects me from dip shits like you that think you can go after people for selling used cars. You should have checked it out better Yea same, even though I won't try and screw someone over. Like the s10 I had the transmission went a month later and he let me know but knew it was his problem.

Redlyne_mr2
02-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Buyer beware as mentioned by all. Sorry OP.

IggyB
02-05-2013, 06:45 PM
An easy explanation... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoptofKbQ04)

zieg
02-05-2013, 07:55 PM
I dunno, buddy of mine sold an 86 camry to some FOB a few years back.. There was nothing particularly wrong with it or anything, but the guy just kept calling him, even a year later, expecting him to fix stuff like brakes and struts and such. Finally he had to threaten him with a harassment lawsuit to get him to stop calling.

ddduke
02-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Guys, I bought a car off a fellow user here last month. Both hid ballasts died almost immediately, cost me $2000 to fix. Think I got a case? I need a good lawyer, got any good suggestions ali? :nut: :nut:

btimbit
02-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Guys, I bought a car off a fellow user here last month. Both hid ballasts died almost immediately, cost me $2000 to fix. Think I got a case? I need a good lawyer, got any good suggestions ali? :nut: :nut:

Ali please advise. Clearly lights should never burn out!

ExtraSlow
02-05-2013, 10:41 PM
where is the proove?

Kloubek
02-05-2013, 10:41 PM

Next you're gonna tell us it would have ran out of gas if you didn't fill it up...

Maybelater
02-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Who the hell takes a $1000 vehicle for a pre-purchase inspection?

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Any pics of this beast??? :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :winter:

DeeK
02-06-2013, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
where is the proove?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CapnCrunch
02-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Maybelater
Who the hell takes a $1000 vehicle for a pre-purchase inspection?

It should be the same person that threatens to sue someone over it.

revelations
02-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Doesent have to be a 400$ inspection, even one hour at a local shop would suffice.

compression
undercarriage
drivetrain
test drive

- just off the top of my head ...

FraserB
02-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Last time I had an inspection do it was like $80, seems worth it to me considering they caught a $1000 problem.

whydontchathen
02-06-2013, 01:19 PM
It's too bad you got cheated by a crook Ali, and it's too bad there's so much hostility here from other Beyonders. I hope you can find a way to get restitution.

$1000 is nothing to sneeze at. Not too many years ago (1996 & 97) I bought two cars, consecutively, each for under $600. Of course each of them only lasted a year, LOL, but I guess I did alright.....

But back to your problem. Did you sign the bill of sale too? If you signed it and he signed it, and it's dated, it could be considered a contract. I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not sure about this, but perhaps it's implied that a car sale is for a car that works. Not one that breaks down in under 24 hours.

If this had happened to me I would

A) contact the seller and ask for a refund. Appeal to his conscience, maybe he has one. And if he refuses to be honest about this rip-off, then

B) I would file a case with small claims court and try to get justice that way. Make sure you document everything that has happened, dates, mechanics' evaluation in writing if you take it to a shop.... etc etc.

Good luck!

revelations
02-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Prroooof ??

p3TY-GdELH4

Team_Mclaren
02-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by whydontchathen

A) contact the seller and ask for a refund. Appeal to his conscience, maybe he has one. And if he refuses to be honest about this rip-off, then

B) I would file a case with small claims court and try to get justice that way. Make sure you document everything that has happened, dates, mechanics' evaluation in writing if you take it to a shop.... etc etc.

Good luck!

A) sorry you can ask for a refund, but I'm sure the seller will tell you to get lost. So thats a waste of time.

B) You can document all you want, as mentioned many many times in this thread, you wont get anything from small claim.

Stop giving this guy false hope.

revelations
02-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

A) sorry you can ask for a refund, but I'm sure the seller will tell you to get lost. So thats a waste of time.

B) You can document all you want, as mentioned many many times in this thread, you wont get anything from small claim.

Stop giving this guy false hope.

:werd:

This is Canada - the OP sounds like someone from a country where buyers do have recourse for private sales.

Disoblige
02-06-2013, 02:05 PM

Did you even read the thread?..

Really? You would take someone to court even though you didn't do your own due diligence? :rofl:

Kramerica
02-06-2013, 02:12 PM
I always seem to have a friend who has bought some ridiculous car for a couple grand and they go on about how I don't know how to buy cars, a month or two later something has either exploded or rendered the car undrivable and I'm still chugging along.

Nobody seems to be realistic when buying a car for $2K and under, they think they have a great deal, don't really look at it or factor in the costs of fixing stuff that's wrong and then suddenly they're shocked when their great deal turns into a bust. People like OP shouldn't be allowed to buy cars in this price range. The end result is usually them crying like a little child.

Mitsu3000gt
02-06-2013, 02:22 PM
It's too bad you got cheated by a crook Ali, and it's too bad there's so much hostility here from other Beyonders. I hope you can find a way to get restitution.

$1000 is nothing to sneeze at. Not too many years ago (1996 & 97) I bought two cars, consecutively, each for under $600. Of course each of them only lasted a year, LOL, but I guess I did alright.....

But back to your problem. Did you sign the bill of sale too? If you signed it and he signed it, and it's dated, it could be considered a contract. I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not sure about this, but perhaps it's implied that a car sale is for a car that works. Not one that breaks down in under 24 hours.

Good luck!

How was the seller a crook?

Graham_A_M
02-06-2013, 02:35 PM
You guys rooting for "Ali" are forgetting that this is a $1k vehicle, and problems are to be expected. It's not exactly a 2012 car with 800kms on the clock. Small claims court wouldn't even waste their time with shit like this.

FraserB
02-06-2013, 04:40 PM

Good luck!

Nothing in here is even close to being true.

Graham_A_M
02-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I was going to say, how the hell is a bill of sale a contract? no its far from it.
Why would any seller give a refund? I have a good conscious too, but not when some random person has something for a week. Who knows what he did with it in that time frame.

JRSC00LUDE
02-06-2013, 04:44 PM

Did you even read the thread?..

Really? You would take someone to court even though you didn't do your own due diligence? :rofl:

He's an idiot, what do you expect?

whydontchathen
02-06-2013, 05:05 PM
fyi, a signed bill of sale, dated, can be considered a contract. Are you a lawyer? then I suggest you call Dial-a_Law 234-9022, topic #515.

Originally posted by FraserB

Nothing in here is even close to being true.

not too bright are you? making blanket statements about smth you know nothing about.....

fyi:

TRUE

And appealing to someone's conscience, expecting to be treated fairly, ie, as you would treat someone else, is not such a far-fetched idea, if you have integrity.

Kramerica
02-06-2013, 05:13 PM
fyi, a signed bill of sale, dated, can be considered a contract.

what terms in said contract guaranteed a perfect operating van? oh wait there were no terms to that effect and the guy has no recourse :nut:

Mitsu3000gt
02-06-2013, 05:15 PM
fyi, a signed bill of sale, dated, can be considered a contract. Are you a lawyer?

And that "contract" says sold as-is, where is, meaning the purchaser agrees to having absolutely no recourse should something go wrong beyond the signing, because they wouldn't have signed unless they were satisfied with whatever amount of due diligence they did. The OP was upset that the kijiji ad didn't say "as is where is", which is hilarious.

Also the purchaser made no effort to do the standard used car due diligence.

JRSC00LUDE
02-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Argue with past precedent?

Beat a dead horse?

Ignore what was clearly written on the bill of sale by admission of the purchaser?

Prove the system wrong and take it to the man?

whydontchathen?! :rofl:

Ali20
02-06-2013, 06:21 PM
I called the seller and he said that the alarm has shut off the car, and there is a black button on the left side of the wheel that I should press with the ignition powered and than car would start again.

So I guess that may be the problem, but how do I fix this from happening again? i dont want to be giving car a boost everyday.

and please don't take shots at me, after all this is a car forum.

speedog
02-06-2013, 07:01 PM
After all this is a car forum?

You really think that this being a car forum means that everyone and everything is so civilized all of the time.

You, sir, are in for another rude awakening.

amear
02-06-2013, 07:02 PM
I called the seller and he said that the alarm has shut off the car, and there is a black button on the left side of the wheel that I should press with the ignition powered and than car would start again.

So I guess that may be the problem, but how do I fix this from happening again? i dont want to be giving car a boost everyday.

rip out the alarm? or instead of the button put a cheap wallmart switch there and have it on/off when you want?:dunno:

revelations
02-06-2013, 07:03 PM
^ it really must be from the NE for a 1000$ van to have an alarm.

Anyway, just pull the fuse for the alarm system. Not worth fixing.

Get a club if youre living in sketchville.

revelations
02-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Years ago when I sold my DSM G1 Talon, I told the seller to contact me with any questions .

I got 2 phone calls, first for the stereo anti-theft code (my fault) and second, a frantic call from the side of a road about 2 weeks later after he drove the piss out of it and did something to the turbo - apparently the exhaust manifold was RED hot right after shut down - which is a great way to kill a turbo.

THE GOVERNATOR
02-06-2013, 07:23 PM

don't invest another penny into it.. If anything cut you're losses. PnP might give you $500 for it. but just a suggestion.

sounds like you may have had a electrical fire? maybe the brain for the alarm fried.

Kramerica
02-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by THE GOVERNATOR

don't invest another penny into it.. If anything cut you're losses. PnP might give you $500 for it. but just a suggestion.

sounds like you may have had a electrical fire? maybe the brain for the alarm fried.

Pick n pull would probably give ~$200 for an older van, although I'd still recommend that Ali g or whatever sell it to them as he's obviously over his head

cam_wmh
02-06-2013, 11:26 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/egregious_girl/gifs/movies%20and%20telly/buffy%20the%20vampire%20slayer/ek25c6.gif

http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Popcorn-09-Psych.gif

http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Popcorn-11-Eddie-Griffin.gif

http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Popcorn-15-Scary-Movie.gif

TheStigz
02-07-2013, 01:14 PM
hi iam russek,

i sell u greart deal for van. need van for my many children with many wives.

i sell u great car! 1993 dodge neon. Just give kindly $1000 on top of your van.

Deal, da?

FraserB
02-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Just sell it for $1000:dunno:

Shlade
02-07-2013, 01:53 PM

You're a cheap cheap brown man, aren't you?