PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod a Yankee

civicguy2002
02-16-2004, 02:55 PM
Can you believe that A-rod is now a Yankee. Do they have to much money or what? The Yankees payroll this year is going to be over $200 million dollars. The Yankees now have the best SS in the league and arguably the best SS every. I think A-Rod needs to play 2base instead of third. Anyways no one will be able to get anything out of that infield anymore. And if the Yankees dont win the Wold Series this year then what are they doing wrong?

max_boost
02-16-2004, 03:11 PM
No the Yankees payroll is not over 200million, they lost Pettite and Clemens, the addition of A-Rod with Texas chewing up 67million in salary I don't think their payroll is going to increase very much. Should be around $130 million I think.

Anyway, they sure have a potent line up, god dam! But their pitching sucks and looks like A-Rod is going to be the next great Yankee of this generation along side Jeter. How fitting!

This all came about because the BoSox signed Schilling :D
Let the wars begin:thumbsup:

t3rry
02-16-2004, 03:13 PM
i'll warm thier bench for a more than reasonable $50k / year (usd of course):rofl:

DUBBED
02-16-2004, 03:17 PM
That team is so stacked it's retarded, I hope they lose to an even shittier team this year.

civicguy2002
02-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
No the Yankees payroll is not over 200million, they lost Pettite and Clemens, the addition of A-Rod with Texas chewing up 67million in salary I don't think their payroll is going to increase very much. Should be around $130 million I think.

Anyway, they sure have a potent line up, god dam! But their pitching sucks and looks like A-Rod is going to be the next great Yankee of this generation along side Jeter. How fitting!

This all came about because the BoSox signed Schilling :D
Let the wars begin:thumbsup:

My apologies. The payroll will be $190 million a year. http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/news_story.asp?id=72345

max_boost
02-16-2004, 03:31 PM
Oh man, $190million??!?! Freak, I had no idea it was that high?

What's Oakland's payroll? Or how about the Blue Jays? Around $70million?

To think the Yankees still post a profit after those expenses, dam!!!!:eek:

SI-vic
02-16-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Oh man, $190million??!?! Freak, I had no idea it was that high?

What's Oakland's payroll? Or how about the Blue Jays? Around $70million?

To think the Yankees still post a profit after those expenses, dam!!!!:eek:

Whaaaaaaaaaa?
how do they post profits after that, they must sell their beer and burgers at ridiculous prices.

Anyways, the Yanks need I'd say 1 more good pitcher and they're set.
Did anyone else catch the batting line-up for the Yanks?
I saw it on TSN last night, WOOOOOOOOOOW is all I can say!

If I were a Boston fan, I'd be pissssssssssed right now.

civicguy2002
02-16-2004, 03:38 PM
Yeah the jays arnt that high. The Yankees are the only team in professional sports history to have to pay a luxury tax because of how high there payroll is.

max_boost
02-16-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm just thinking, if Pettite and Clemens didn't jump ship, they would have the most formidable lineup in the history of baseball.

civicguy2002
02-16-2004, 03:52 PM
I think that they still do have one of the best lineups. Remember they also got Sheffield and Lofton in the off season. Bernie Williams one of the best OF in the league is the DH this year. That tells alot. They can live with the pitchers that they got

rx7girlie
02-16-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by SI-vic

Did anyone else catch the batting line-up for the Yanks?
I saw it on TSN last night, WOOOOOOOOOOW is all I can say!

They are STACKED. I think it's sweet. Personally I do not like the Yankees but I've always love Jeter and now, next to A-Rod, he's such a potent player. I can't wait to see.

K271
02-16-2004, 05:53 PM
The Yankees pull a profit because they are the toast of New York City. They sell so much merchandise and there are many New York Yankee baseball stores in the city. As well, Yankee stadium is always sold out. I went to a game last year and the cheap seats were $30 U.S. When a team is so popular, and everyone wants to see them perform they'll always be sold out.

yankeefan
02-16-2004, 06:11 PM
ticket prices went up 30% from last season. And at the 77% capacity they had last year. With the addition of arod, they should be pushing 4,000,000 in attendance. You can do the math, but at 40 bucks cheap seats. They will make some good coin at the gate, before ever selling any 4dollar hotdogs or 5 dollar beers. which would put them around 87% total capacity, in a ballpark that seats 56,000.

inawiJ
02-16-2004, 06:30 PM
the yankees have 8 all stars on their team its crazy and they didn't lose much to get a rod like soriano is a good player but nothing compared to a rod

SI-vic
02-17-2004, 01:17 AM
the yanks are expected to be signing Greg Maddux on Friday.

WoW they are stacked to the max.
if they dont win the big prize this year then that will be a huge disappointment.

baseball.... the only sport where money can buy the Championship.

no_joke
02-17-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by SI-vic
the yanks are expected to be signing Greg Maddux on Friday.

WoW they are stacked to the max.
if they dont win the big prize this year then that will be a huge disappointment.

baseball.... the only sport where money can buy the Championship.

True, the Yankees do spend a lot of money but so do teams like the Mets and the Dodgers who don't have the success that they do. So, you can spend the big money but it has to spent wisely as well. And don't forget that they haven't won yet and they haven't won in the last three years with comparable payrolls so don't be so quick to say that they've already bought the World Series Championship.

civicguy2002
02-18-2004, 08:36 AM
Well sorry Yankees, you didnt get Maddux. Last night Maddux signed with the Chicago Cubs. Why who knows. That is the last team I would want to play for except maybe the history. But I mean do you want to win a championship or not??