PDA

View Full Version : Is Hulu any good?

funkedelic2
02-06-2013, 08:22 PM
For those of you that have Hulu, what do you think of it? I'd it worth getting? I have US and Canadian Netflix already, is it worth subscribing to Hulu for the shows?

FixedGear
02-06-2013, 08:34 PM
do you watch any of the TV shows they have? if you do you might want to get it. personally I don't really care for most TV shows, and even though i get Hulu I never watch it. I tried watching The Simpsons one time, but think i ended up turning it off halfway through. :rofl:

taemo
02-06-2013, 09:51 PM
its got some shows that netflix doesnt carry but i dont like it because it has commercials

yellowsnow
02-06-2013, 09:54 PM
I think Hulu is only good if you watch a lot of TV shows. Hulu is free, unless you opt for the Hulu Plus service. I wouldn't get both Hulu Plus and Netflix though...

I would google hulu plus vs netflix and see which service has the most shows you want to watch. For a free service, Hulu is pretty awesome.

EK69
02-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Can u sign up for Hulu not Hulu plus in Canada?
Using unblock.us?
From what I could see it seems to be current tv shows? Do they have previous seasons too?

rage2
02-06-2013, 10:59 PM
If you want to watch it on a TV (without plugging in a computer to the TV), you'll need Plus. I subscribe to both Hulu and Netflix, and it's about 50/50 in terms of usage. Gf likes TV shows haha.

yellowsnow
02-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by EK69
Can u sign up for Hulu not Hulu plus in Canada?
Using unblock.us?
From what I could see it seems to be current tv shows? Do they have previous seasons too?

yes, using unblock-us, you can sign up for Hulu. They have previous seasons for a few shows, but it's limited (usually they have the most recent 5 episodes)... Hulu Plus would definitely have more seasons available.

EK69
02-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by rage2
If you want to watch it on a TV (without plugging in a computer to the TV), you'll need Plus. I subscribe to both Hulu and Netflix, and it's about 50/50 in terms of usage. Gf likes TV shows haha.
Ah I see
Well That explains why my tv wants me to sign up for Hulu plus in the Hulu app haha I guess I'll try visiting the site on the computer. If its free for regular Hulu then might as well. Might save downloading the tv shows every week lol but with sick beard it's pretty much automated.

I like Netflix for its library of seasons from the beginning but most shows seem to be a season or so behind.

funkedelic2
02-06-2013, 11:48 PM
I love Netflix but do enjoy my shows just as much as movies. I hate downloading shit all the time so I might just get it and try it out. I think it's kinda stupid you pay for the plus and still get ads though

funkedelic2
02-07-2013, 12:54 AM
Can anyone help me find it on the ps3 store? I can't find it anywhere. I have unblock us set up and it goes to the us Netflix just fine but I can't find the app in the store under tv/video or anywhere else

rage2
02-07-2013, 01:08 AM
It's only on the US store.

funkedelic2
02-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by rage2
It's only on the US store.

How do I access that? I tried to find the app on my smart tv and its no where to be found either. Most likely for the same reason

rage2
02-07-2013, 02:15 AM
Create a US profile on the PS3. No CC needed when I last tried.

funkedelic2
02-07-2013, 05:20 PM
I made a us ps3 account and successfully downloaded hulu plus but when it came down to the billing information on the credit card when signing up with hulu, it was a no go. I used this guide

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291534

But was unsuccessful. I tried 2 different cc's, I tried adding the us city that my postal code zip made, it didn't work and I tried it using my Canadian city but had to always select the us state and it kept saying that it couldn't verify my billing address on the card. So guess they caught onto people doing that. Out of ideas now as they mentioned pre paid cards no longer work either since hulu does recurring withdrawals from your cc.

I also tried doing it through the ps3 activation where you go to the hulu.com/ps3 site and simply have to enter the activation code, your zip, card number and expiry and it didn't work that way. I didn't have to enter a city or state on that page but it still failed

FixedGear
02-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Hulu sucks to be honest. you're not missing anything.... unless you enjoy watching crappy network tv shows.