PDA

View Full Version : LF/WFF: Engine / Cylinder Head for NEAT Project

forbiddenera
02-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Hi,

I am currently in the process of engineering & developing a few different engine technologies. As I am in the very early stages of design and planning, I need something to fiddle with and do some experiments on and until I get a little further with this project and have a finished design, the entire R&D budget is coming out of my pocket, which at the moment is empty.

I require an engine for this project, and I'm sure there's quite a few Beyonder's that have more than a few spare chunks of metal lying around. It does NOT have to be a running motor, or even put together, in fact, I'd almost prefer if it was mostly taken apart! (as long as it's all there, lol!)

*IDEALLY*, I'd like a 4-cyl DOHC 16 valve, non-vtec Honda motor, d-series or similar in "running" order (in quotes because it doesn't have to be put together, can be in pieces..). I say Honda because the ECUs are quite programmable and will make my tinkering stage quite a bit easier. Plus there's tons of Honda stuff around.

Primarily I need just need a short block - in fact - at first - I only need a cylinder head. Any DOHC head will do as long as the valves are intact. Don't need/care about the cams.

My other "ideal" requirements:
- inline motor (I4 or I6)
- 4 valves per cyl.
- fuel injected or gdi
- preferably no vtec/vvti/etc, will be removed anyway.
- can be broken but not un-fixable damage, the engine will be rebuilt eventually, but I'd prefer to get something with all working parts / reciprocates properly.
- ECU & wiring harnesses

Eventually after the primary design involving the cylinder head, I would like to build a working model. To do so I will need most of a long block to get the engine running on my bench - which is why, ideally, I'd like to get the whole thing together, instead of building a head for a block that I don't have. This motor will likely never get installed into a vehicle and will likely be given back to someone in the community when my design & development is complete.

If anyone has anything they could help me out with, please drop me a PM. I am asking for donations right now, because I know there has to be at least someone with an engine/head they deem scrap that I could use for this. When Phase II begins and the final prototype gets built, (and I have investor $$), I will be buying a DOHC 16v non-vtec Honda crate long block.

Also, if you're interested in what I will be developing, I will be posting a thread soon somewhere about the entire project. I also will be looking for a few team members. I am currently looking for an electronic engineer and have taken a few applications, though have only one potential candidate thus far. If you are interested or want to know more before I drop the development thread, drop me a PM.

This will be a HUGE product - almost every car in the next 10 years will use similar technology - in fact, a few are already, my primary plan however is to make such technology accessible for the aftermarket, racing & tuner community. It will increase fuel & engine efficiency, increase available power, add a few very nice features and eliminate quite a bit of engine weight & rotating mass and a LOT more.

Cheers

(PS: NEAT is actually an acronym..)

gamman
02-10-2013, 12:41 AM
Neat project, good luck.

4cyl 32 valve and 4v/cyl?

forbiddenera
02-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by gamman
Neat project, good luck.

4cyl 32 valve and 4v/cyl?

Lol! must have been not completely awake.. fixed.. 16v ..

Jsen-DC2
02-12-2013, 04:36 PM
ive got a i-6 4.0L out of a 99 jeep grand cherokee if you want, it has a hole in the block and it still has the head on

Heru-Farukon
02-13-2013, 02:43 AM
Sorry to thread jack
But Jsen, do you have pictures of the block? And the size of the hole?

sr20s14zenki
02-13-2013, 07:39 AM
I have a b18a head kicking around i think. Its been sitting in my shed for a few years. Welcome to it.

Jsen-DC2
02-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Heru-Farukon
Sorry to thread jack
But Jsen, do you have pictures of the block? And the size of the hole?

no pics, the size of the hole is about the size of a golf ball, valve is bent on cylinder 6

forbiddenera
02-14-2013, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
I have a b18a head kicking around i think. Its been sitting in my shed for a few years. Welcome to it.

Thanks for the offer - pm'd .. I have decided to go with a b16 or b18 for the project actually so that is a great starting point.

jsen: thx for the offer, but if I get the above head it seals the deal on the prototype of motor. I'll keep it in mind if I am successful with the prototype.

jacky4566
02-14-2013, 12:30 AM
Your inbox is full...
Can you explain to me this technology your referring to? this is 100% out of curiosity as i always want to learn how the newest tech is being developed.

Also searching for NEAT acronym just brings up this thread :P

forbiddenera
02-14-2013, 02:53 AM
Neat us the acronym of ny company. I will empty my PMs. I can't say anything in public just yet.