PDA

View Full Version : question about nitrous injection point...

EstoMax
02-16-2004, 03:16 PM
im seriously thinking about building a small 30 shot kit onto my car, and i have read up on it and have a knowledgable friend who used to be big into nitrous and is getting back into it.

im thinking about doing just 1 injector that loads both nitrous and fuel into the intake manifold, that way i only have one hole to drill.

now the question is, where is the best place to place the injector? in the center of the manifold like this? or would this cause the middle 2 cylinders to get more nitrous and gas?

http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/1203/questionmark.JPG (copy & paste the link for pic)

thanks for any info :)

max

africano
02-16-2004, 04:03 PM
most companies like zex recommend you put the nozzle about 6 inches from the throttle body to insure coplete atomization. Middle of the manifold isn't a good idea IMO cause the cylinders won't get equal amounts.

air_mikey
02-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by africano
most companies like zex recommend you put the nozzle about 6 inches from the throttle body to insure coplete atomization. Middle of the manifold isn't a good idea IMO cause the cylinders won't get equal amounts. :werd: i put it rite into the intake 7 inches from the throttle.

EstoMax
02-16-2004, 06:18 PM
wait 7 inches from the throttle plate? that would make it before the MAF and that would not work cause the MAF would get contaminated... you wanna mark the spot on the picture where i should put it ?

tnx

max

EstoMax
02-16-2004, 06:23 PM
what about right here.. thats as close to the throttle plate as i can get it

skinart
02-16-2004, 06:33 PM
6 or 7 inches from the throttle body? hell why not just spray it in front of grill somwhere and see if it can find its way to the air intake?

Do you have any idea how quick the nitrous atomises the fuel? FAST!

Seen any full race setups? notice the nozzle is about 3 inches from the cylinder?

You dont want the vapor to start to drop off and turn into droplets, we need fog ppl. Not a driping tap.

Chad

Dr. Lightspeed
02-17-2004, 01:19 PM
When we build a custom system we sell a NX Shark nozle and install it 4-5 inches in front of the throttle plate. I do this for a couple reasons,

1.) gives good distribution throughout the runners of the intake.

2) As a last line of defence if you spray behind the throttle blades you have no abilty to shut the engine off if you solenoids relay or something else sticks. At least in front you have a throttle blade that can close assisting you in shutting down a runaway.

3) Definately not infront of a maf.

4) As far atomizing to quickly air in an engine at idel is moving at over 500mph.

EstoMax
02-17-2004, 02:22 PM
awesome. great reply.. i guess if the big kits suggest it in front of the Throttle body then i guess i should mount it there too.

but don't you think the plastic might be somewhat shaky? or does that even matter?

max

skinart
02-17-2004, 02:34 PM
I dont think the shaking would be a problem, its just how to hold the nozzle to the rubber?

Chad

Cracker
02-17-2004, 02:59 PM
why would you NOS a HYUNDAI??, that 1.5 liters of fury will blow with the added stesses of NAAAWZ!

skinart
02-17-2004, 03:30 PM
added stresses of NAWWWWz??? It will blow? What exactly is going to blow? maybe you could fill us in on somthing we dont know? Watch to much fast and furiuos?

Ive squeezed my whipper snipper edger for those thick weeds on our acerage, if it burns gas, why not squeeze it?

Plus tell me one other mod he could do for under $150 U.S that will give him an easy 30 - 40 SAFE hp?

Why dont ya squeeze ya chevette crackerhead?

Chad

SwitchBlade
02-20-2004, 11:23 PM
Its no different in running a turbo, your safe running low psi on a turbo but you cant run amazing amounts of boost. A four cylinder motor running on stock internals can generally handle about a 40-60 shot of NOS. As long as your engine is has been taken care of ex. spark plugs are gapped right and you have the proper A/F ratio you should be fine.

skinart
02-20-2004, 11:31 PM
well said Switch :)

Nitrous aint no big bomb, all it does is release oxygen which enables more fuel to be burnt and the nitrigon controls the burn.

Chad

j_gor78
02-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by skinart
well said Switch :)

Nitrous aint no big bomb, all it does is release oxygen which enables more fuel to be burnt and the nitrigon controls the burn.

Chad

That is the most sensible comment I have heard regarding nitrous in a long time. It is really too bad it is so misunderstood, cause it is really alot of fun!!!

rice_eater
02-21-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Cracker
why would you NOS a HYUNDAI??, that 1.5 liters of fury will blow with the added stesses of NAAAWZ!

buddy you want to sup up a chevette...

GT2NV
02-21-2004, 04:11 PM
buddy you want to "sup" up a neon:rolleyes: