PDA

View Full Version : Suicide ordeal!

jaylo
02-16-2004, 03:50 PM
I was just at TD Square downtown an hour ago around 1:45pm and a woman I believe to be in 20-30's caucasian w/ long blonde hair wearing a black vest and a cream turtleneck sweater and jeans and she is sitting down right at the corner ledge of a 5 storey parking lot (open and it's windy there) located at 9th Avenue and 3rd Street, near HMV. She is only holding the rail with her bare hands and she's sitting down facing the other side of the building.

There are cops everywhere and they closed down the whole block, there was two cops near her negotiating and there is tons of cops below and onlookers. I saw her drop her shoes/socks down and I don't know what happened after because I left.

I hope that nothing bad happens to her! It will be on the news later for sure...

t3rry
02-16-2004, 03:56 PM
yikes

Def_3
02-16-2004, 03:58 PM
:thumbsdow

EK 2.0
02-16-2004, 04:02 PM
Wow...I know it gets hard for people, and things can get really bad, or worse...but man, IMO taking your life, isnt the answer...if she did that...I had a friend take his life, cause he thought it was a quick fix, but for the people he left behind man oh man...:(

I hope she is ok...

TalonVelocity
02-16-2004, 06:12 PM
selfish jerk

/////AMG
02-16-2004, 06:15 PM
:thumbsdow anyone know what happened?

ShOwOfF
02-16-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by TalonVelocity
selfish jerk

Who are u talking about???:rolleyes:

RX-7_TWINTURBO
02-16-2004, 07:07 PM
i work at td and watched most of it...she was coaxed down after a while
:clap:

Must of been a shitty valentines or somthing...

KELSTAR
02-17-2004, 05:07 PM
My Dad was working downtown at the time and another guy in the office actually called it in. She was up there for over an hour and a half I guess. and finally she came down.. pretty scary to see I would imagine!

kaput
02-17-2004, 11:18 PM

illeagle
02-17-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by kaput
A guy from my high school committed suicide last week. I'll never understand why people do that stuff.
It's an easy way to get away from problems, dept, and life..

Ben
02-17-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by ShOwOfF

Who are u talking about???:rolleyes:

The person commiting suicide. and he's right.

rice_eater
02-18-2004, 12:47 PM
i will never feel pitty for anyone committing suicide unless it's some ridiculous situation like someone torturing you to death... it could be my best friend/member of the family. If you are THAT retarded there's no point in wasting my time with you. Especially when we live in a society where it's so easy to get help for anything and everything. I'm the kind of person that never wants to die. If i could find a way to live to be 1000 i'd do it!

Kona9
02-18-2004, 01:00 PM
selfish jerk

Bang on!! Why should everyone else deal with the problems of the suicidal? That is all a suicidal person is doing. Too weak to take car of themselves and get help so they leave it for everyone else.

ninjak84
02-18-2004, 03:37 PM
i think suicide deserves empathy instead of judgement
if someone that committs suicide is selfish, then what do you call the guy who's only reason to live is another line of blow?

saying things like "now i have to deal with his shit since he killed himself" is pretty selfish to me

Kona9
02-18-2004, 03:56 PM
no one has ever said "Aw Shiet now I have to deal with so and so's issues because they didn't think of me before they offed themselves" instead it IS selfish to take your life because it AUTOMATICALLY causes everyone close to you to take care of what you (suicidal person) could not deal with, amongst everything else in their life. It was mentioned before. There is no excuse that you can not get help in todays society, especially in this lovely Country we call Canada.

benyl
02-18-2004, 04:06 PM
selfish jerk

:werd: Some people try to take the easy way out.

I agree that before they kill themselves, they deserve all our attention. We should try and help those who want to take their own lives.

But after they have done it, :whocares: cause they sure as hell didn't care for those they left behind.

FiveFreshFish
02-18-2004, 06:19 PM
You can also say it's selfish for everyone else to want the suicidal person to endure his or her pain. If you've never been on the brink of suicide, you can only speculate.

By the way, it's still an honourable thing to do in Japan given the right circumstances.

finboy
02-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater
If i could find a way to live to be 1000 i'd do it!

with advances in medical technology, i WILL achieve this goal :rofl:

hockeybronx
02-19-2004, 02:56 AM
I agree it is pretty selfish.

In most cases the person has a family or a wife or kids and they just leave them behind. They don't realize the effects it has on other people.

Life will always be good for me, as long as I have that black beauty sitting outside there... by which I mean my car!

GTS Jeff
02-19-2004, 05:21 AM
to the people who think suicide is selfish: yea, thats your opinion, great.

to the people who are calling this woman a "selfish jerk" when they dont know her and her situation at all - SHUT THE FUCK UP! i think its pretty damned harsh to be so judgemental. u dont know shit about her life yet u run your mouth off at her! harsh!

three.eighteen.
02-19-2004, 04:09 PM
you guys realize that most normal ppl cannot self terminate...sometimes its a mental condition that cant be helped

but for the sane ones that believe suicide is a solution...they have a lot to learn, hopefully before doing anything stupid