PDA

View Full Version : New Echo

dongwil
09-19-2002, 08:35 PM
is anyone here drive a Toyota echo? cause it is cheap so i bought one, and i do not need much space, anyway car is only a tool of commutor.

I still waiting the car, how is it?

max_boost
09-19-2002, 08:37 PM
hehe did you get the coupe echo?:burnout:

GT2NV
09-19-2002, 08:40 PM
hehe...... congrats man enjoy the car

dongwil
09-19-2002, 08:45 PM
No it is a four door, silver. I need wait for 2 weeks to get it. U ever droven it?
:) ;) :D :D

van
09-19-2002, 10:06 PM
I drove it before, it's efficient, not much needed for gas and it'll take you around where you need to go. Nice smooth ride for a nice small car. Fits 4 people perfectly. Not much speed to it but it's good enough for a daily driver. You can even get body kits for it haha

GTS Jeff
09-20-2002, 01:23 AM
yep i drivvven on befor and itws slow as hkll and fekt dangeros ion deerfoor! i trahed the shit outa oti and left toyotaecho rubber everyiwerhe!!

,,,but good car mna,..god car!

James
09-20-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
yep i drivvven on befor and itws slow as hkll and fekt dangeros ion deerfoor! i trahed the shit outa oti and left toyotaecho rubber everyiwerhe!!

,,,but good car mna,..god car!

Go to Sleep you Drunkass!:rofl:

MYKN
09-20-2002, 03:16 AM
jeff its easier to type with your fingers rather than your toes man!:rofl:

RiceCake
09-20-2002, 07:02 AM
its good on gas... heh but why not try the prius....:eek: hybrid cars :)

Stratus_Power
09-20-2002, 08:45 AM
haha i heard the golf TDI Diesel has better millage than the prius :D Echo is good on gas and will definitly get u from one place to the other! its nothing fancy but a definitly good car that cang get you from point A to point B :D good choice :thumbsup:

( i think out of that category Focus and Echo is the best choice.. man drop a hyundai accent for a month from A-1 .. holy shit that thing is weak and loud... i was like flooring the gas going up soutland passing elbow and it feels like the engine's gonna blow up and i was still going at 65km... )

nookmumracing
09-20-2002, 09:03 AM
Perfect cheap reliable commute car, even though you look like a nerd in it (Article in C & D a while back on the Echo!!)

Peace

MR2uned
09-20-2002, 10:46 AM
Bang for the buck... Good choice.

Tha automatic is a bit of a dog, but the 5 spd rocks.

Power is not a key point when econmy is concerned.

Maintenance is cheap too !!!!!

I can hook u up with good service I work For Stampede Toyota

Later

Jamie

dongwil
09-20-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by MYKN
jeff its easier to type with your fingers rather than your toes man!:rofl:

Well I checked hybrid car like Honda insight and the maximum load is only 365#. And it is only two seats. U know that Chevrolet 2002 is mere 115 hp with a 2.0L engine but Echo got 108 hp only with a 1.5 engine, consider it is lighter i believe it can go not only from A to B, maybe also I could go from point B to point C.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

dongwil
09-20-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by nookmumracing
Perfect cheap reliable commute car, even though you look like a nerd in it (Article in C & D a while back on the Echo!!)

Peace

To be honest, I look like a nerd even if i am not in it, maybe that is the reason i bought it because anyway even i am in a BMW i just a piece of nerd!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

GTS Jeff
09-21-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by dongwil

Well I checked hybrid car like Honda insight and the maximum load is only 365#. And it is only two seats. U know that Chevrolet 2002 is mere 115 hp with a 2.0L engine but Echo got 108 hp only with a 1.5 engine, consider it is lighter i believe it can go not only from A to B, maybe also I could go from point B to point C.

:D :D :D :D :D :D so what? honda can get 185hp out of a 1.6L....but no one cares.

dongwil
09-22-2002, 12:33 AM
so what? honda can get 185hp out of a 1.6L....but no one cares.

Which Honda get 185hp with 1.6 L? As i know Insight has a 79hp gas engine and a 8 hp electrical motor.
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :D :D :D :D

ConVict
09-22-2002, 02:33 AM
ive seen people get 4000 hp out of a 4 cyl engine... sure as hell isnt naturally aspirated... but for the money you can get a hell of a lot more then 185hp out of a 1.6L na ... higher hp from smaller ci means more compression, more compression means stronger parts, stronger parts equal more money!
thats why domestic cars cost less, not like honda is some master mind or something ...

2000impreza
09-22-2002, 02:38 AM
convict is right. more hp out of a small NA engine means higher compression, higher revs, stronger parts,.....etc. oh and don't forget less torque. lol.

GTS Jeff
09-22-2002, 02:41 AM

Which Honda get 185hp with 1.6 L? As i know Insight has a 79hp gas engine and a 8 hp electrical motor.
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :D :D :D :D old school ctr.

u stupidnegeer

dongwil
09-22-2002, 06:41 AM
old school ctr.

u stupidnegeer

U r really stupid indeed. Why 2003 Chevorolet change the 2.0l 115 hp engine to 2.2 140hp engine which also used for Grand AM and an sunfire?? Because the material yield limit, you can not increase compression ratio too much, babe.

dongwil
09-22-2002, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by ConVict
ive seen people get 4000 hp out of a 4 cyl engine... sure as hell isnt naturally aspirated... but for the money you can get a hell of a lot more then 185hp out of a 1.6L na ... higher hp from smaller ci means more compression, more compression means stronger parts, stronger parts equal more money!
thats why domestic cars cost less, not like honda is some master mind or something ...

But how many liters for that 4000L engine? Your point is right in a limited range because the material yield limit, and in case at the same rotation speed, more hp means more torque, i think u should go back to school learn more about the principle of engine. Why should we use a big iron block which weighs of tons while generate small power??

ConVict
09-22-2002, 11:21 AM
im not getting all technical, the 4000hp 4 cyl is not anywere close to what you would be able to call a reliable engine or anythin of the sort... i just used it as a relative example!
i know enough about engine to sit here and have a argument with you about high reving engines, to higher torque engines and yada yada...i just didnt want to get into it

GTS Jeff
09-22-2002, 06:44 PM

U r really stupid indeed. Why 2003 Chevorolet change the 2.0l 115 hp engine to 2.2 140hp engine which also used for Grand AM and an sunfire?? Because the material yield limit, you can not increase compression ratio too much, babe. drunk, not stupid. theres a difference.

anyway, u need to go take more esl classes as your posts are hard to comprehend.

dongwil
09-24-2002, 08:36 PM
drunk, not stupid. theres a difference.

anyway, u need to go take more esl classes as your posts are hard to comprehend.

Stop talking that way, if you really don't understand then maybe the person need to go to ESL is YOU. I was tested by ESL and they refuse to accept me because my English is over the level they could help, babe.:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

ninspeed
09-24-2002, 09:10 PM
why do you call everybody babe?

ConVict
09-24-2002, 11:51 PM
cause they are all sexually attracted to each other :D

dongwil
09-25-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
why do you call everybody babe?

Of course not, just for those who are unfriendly. I hope I can hear some driving experience for echo, although that car is just a kind of nerd car in your eyes, but that is only thing i can afford. I did not expect even if he hate that small car, there is no reason why he should hate me??

GTS Jeff
09-25-2002, 11:07 PM
yes thats right...i "hate" you.

dongwil
09-26-2002, 09:22 PM
yes thats right...i "hate" you.

But why? I even don't know who are you then why you "hate" me?? If you do not have any driving experiences of echo, please do not bother to reply this post. Thanks.

An Echo is the only car I can find in Lemon-Aid 2002 new cars with a three star ABOVE AVERAGE rating, at the same time the price is BELOW AVERGAE. this is the reason why I bought this car.
:nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut:

ConVict
09-27-2002, 10:21 AM
dude dont worry about what other people think... an echo is a nice car! it wont brake down on you and you can get from point a to b which seems to be why you bought it!
as long as you dont crank the trebbile and wear your hat backwords and put huge decals on it im sure you will be alright haha:thumbsup:

dongwil
09-27-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by ConVict
dude dont worry about what other people think... an echo is a nice car! it wont brake down on you and you can get from point a to b which seems to be why you bought it!
as long as you dont crank the trebbile and wear your hat backwords and put huge decals on it im sure you will be alright haha:thumbsup:

Thank you my friend! But it seems I really need to go to ESL or LINC because I don't know what is trebbile mean? :banghead:

I will drive this car to go to work, instead of showing it to anyone or attracting girls or boasting among friends or racing on the highway. Those things are all very expensive nowadays. :woot:

GTS Jeff
09-27-2002, 06:16 PM

But why? I even don't know who are you then why you "hate" me?? If you do not have any driving experiences of echo, please do not bother to reply this post. Thanks.

An Echo is the only car I can find in Lemon-Aid 2002 new cars with a three star ABOVE AVERAGE rating, at the same time the price is BELOW AVERGAE. this is the reason why I bought this car.
:nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: The Toyota Echo is a car that I have had personal experience with. The one I drove was an automatic. This car is economical and serves it purpose well. Its purpose, obviously, is to be a dependable, cheap, and efficient car.

The interior is at the top of its class, in my opinion. The materials used are not top-notch, but they are acceptable. Also, like all Toyotas, the Echo interior is built solidly, with no cracks between panels, no flimsy parts, and it will surely feel the same way 5 years down the road. Another plus about the interior is that it is quite large for such a small car; kudos to Toyota for making good use of interior space. My only complaint about the interior is the placement of the dash gauges. It is downright silly to put them in the middle of the car.

In terms of the driveability of the car, it can be described as adequate. The engine is powerless, and always feels strained. My leg gets a lot of exercise from flooring the gas just to keep up with the rest of traffic. The suspension is nothing to write home about. The car looks like it's a foot off the ground, and it handles about the same. Also the tires are quite skinny, which doesn't help. Navigating the wide sweeping turns on Deerfoot Trail going 120km/h felt sketchy and I was compelled to slow down.

Oh yea, it's kinda ugly too.

dongwil
09-27-2002, 08:41 PM
The Toyota Echo is a car that I have had personal experience with. The one I drove was an automatic.

Oh yea, it's kinda ugly too.

Hey thank you buddy for for your detailed experience. For so small a car like this, I don't expect it will drive like a fancy sport car. I guess the reason you feel it that way is because you have droven different cars before echo for many years and types, like what your picture indicated. If you get used to either the comfortable spacous big car or powerful V6 car with great acceleration capability then you would feel exactly that way. In fact I never driven any car before and I just got my G2 licence in Ontario. In fact I am still waiting for this car, it was already 2 weeks passed by the dealer is still not ready for me to pick it up. Appreciate your comments.

GTS Jeff
09-28-2002, 01:56 AM
I still hate you.

dongwil
09-28-2002, 05:43 PM
I still hate you.

That is OK. Hate, it is taught so it can not be stopped in a short period. In this free world you have the right to hate anyone but only by imagination, otherwise you will be sentenced and sent in prison.

Some new friends I know from internet asked for my face pictures, so I sent your picture(The one you are in your small truck). Anyway it is not so clear and you look like me in some way, thanks for your picture. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

dongwil
10-06-2002, 01:54 PM
i got it and the sound system is really great and beyond my expection. this really surprise me!