PDA

View Full Version : Old plate transfer

Supa Dexta
02-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Are you allowed to sell an old plate? or transfer it to a new person?

and

If your current plate gets totally worn out, do they just replace it with a new one (new number) the exception being vanity plates? I would assume you can order new ones of those.

Masked Bandit
02-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Plates are only good to you and are not transferrable. I couldn't even take plate that was under just my name and use it for a vehicle that was going to be in mine & my wife's name.

ExtraSlow
02-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Plates are only good to you and are not transferrable. I couldn't even take plate that was under just my name and use it for a vehicle that was going to be in mine & my wife's name. This is the reason I no longer let my wife put her name on any of our vehicles. Told her she'll never own a car again. What a hassle.

EK69
02-08-2013, 06:35 PM
yeah u cant transfer plates at all i found out

bart
02-08-2013, 06:45 PM
you can transfer vanity plates between immediate family members an unlimited amount of times

TomcoPDR
02-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by bart
you can transfer vanity plates between immediate family members an unlimited amount of times

Good topic, now that that's been brought up. Do u know if u can switch vanity plate owned by a corporation to a personal registration (that person is sole owner of the corporation)

bart
02-16-2013, 01:05 AM
no idea

Zorac
02-16-2013, 12:31 PM
classic plates can be transferred too, but you only get classic car insurance with a classic plate, meaning you can drive to car shows and that's it. no joy rides.