PDA

View Full Version : Anyone flown easyjet in the UK?

Cos
02-09-2013, 10:30 PM

phreezee
02-09-2013, 10:32 PM
I have and it's no different than any other discount airline. I do remember there was some kind of mix up which lead to a longer wait for boarding, but other than that no other issues.

yellowsnow
02-10-2013, 12:27 AM
Yes, flown with them b4. no problems when I flew with them from gatwick to Barcelona.

Cos
02-10-2013, 12:42 AM

cancer man
02-10-2013, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Cos
Perfect. Thanks guys. Booked it. 84 pound from Gatwick to Edinburgh for my wife and I with luggage.

Only thing I was thinking about is that we land in Gatwick at 6:30am and we take off at 9:05. Should be enough time to clear passport control and make our way over there. From what I remember Gatwick is massive though.

Im sure it will be fine.

I have a euro-passport and walked thru,my wife and kids had to wait in a line for about 2 hours.1 black forest ham sandwich and 2 beer.(good thing we had a 6 hour wait)

gen60
02-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Easyjet is fine, it's the other cheap airline you want to stay away from. They have obscure airport locations, usually far away. Forget what they are called.

Maxx Mazda
02-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Ryanair?

phreezee
02-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Ryanair is very similar to Easyjet as far as I can tell, the planes looked the same anyway.

OU812
02-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by gen60
Easyjet is fine, it's the other cheap airline you want to stay away from. They have obscure airport locations, usually far away. Forget what they are called.

When it comes to the UK, some of those more obscure airports are better choices......less busy and easier to get out into the UK as appose to the gridlock of LHR or MAN

Plus is the UK public transit and train service is abundant.

Ryan Air is fine, just get nickeld and dimed which is how you get the cheap fares.

A large % of people use them to fly to a city for the day/night and fly home in the same clothes reeking of lager the next day

toyboy88
02-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by gen60

If your talking about Ryanair, it's not that 'bad'...

You just have to know what to expect for what your paying. Flown them many times before, not all airports they use are 'obscure'.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Flew Ryanair from Manchester to Venice then Easyjet from Venice to London Gatwick last fall, overall I preferred Easyjet prices were similar but Ryanair just seem to try to nickel and dime you a tad more.

Cooked Rice
02-10-2013, 11:43 PM
If you are bringing anything more than the size of a laptop, be prepared to pay extra.

nzwasp
02-11-2013, 09:05 AM
I went to europe in 2011 and the thing i found flying those airlines was that the europeans would put as much stuff as possible into their carryon bags and then when it came to checking it would fit there would be 3 random people trying to push the bag into the slot to prove it would fit. I think this is why it took so long to board the planes.

littledan
02-11-2013, 11:32 AM
also, it is not assigned seating. everyone crowds by the gate and when they start letting people on its a mad rush to get seats and stow your carry on. you walk down the aisle, and its banks of 3 seats on each side with singles sitting in all the window and aisle seats lol

Bladeh
02-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Perfect. Thanks guys. Booked it. 84 pound from Gatwick to Edinburgh for my wife and I with luggage.

Only thing I was thinking about is that we land in Gatwick at 6:30am and we take off at 9:05. Should be enough time to clear passport control and make our way over there. From what I remember Gatwick is massive though.

Im sure it will be fine.

We were in line at the UK border agency for over 1 and half hours at Gatwick, Some french bitch wouldn't let me inline for the British side as my wife has a Canadian passport of course she wanted to go through together so we hit the other passports line. Probably 10x's more people passing through the UK side and probably waiting no more than 10mins, Other passports line had probably 1-2 agents at most and I don't think they give a shit how long you wait if your not from the UK.

Plus its a good walk from the plane, probably 3x's as long as Calgary.

Easyjet just like any other airline, they just fly from limited airports, so I have to fly from Manchester rather than a closer airport.

Mckenzie
02-11-2013, 01:59 PM
EasyJet is great in my experience. I will say pay attention to the fineprint and additional costs, which add up. I blew a gasket in Germany flying RyanAir when in a moment of me not reading my email, I had to pay 45 euros to print the fucking boarding pass! I was irate, but apparently it did say in the email print this or you will be raped from behind with a stick.

Smartiepants
02-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Yeah print everything off, and like others have said, it's not reserved seating, so expect that you'll be in a middle seat with two strangers beside you. There was also some system that you could pay ever so slightly more to be allowed to preboard (basically they release that door (think rodeo chute) a minute or so early), so you can beat people to the plane.