PDA

View Full Version : Looking for rims/springs, any suggestions??

Ferio_vti
02-16-2004, 05:30 PM
I'm looking to get some new rims and lowering springs for my Civic this spring.
Not sure if I want to get 15 or 16"

So far I'm liking Konig Heliums and Buddy club P2. Both which happen to be ultralight, but are also only 15"
Friends keep telling me 15" rims would be pointless.

As for springs, I'm probably looking at a 1 to 1.8" drop. And I'm assuming it would be wise to get new shocks?? Or would oem still function?

nine8civicSi
02-16-2004, 06:02 PM
h & r race off my old car are yours for 20 bucks, if you come and take em off and put the stock ones back on!

pulse_crx
02-16-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by nine8civicSi
h & r race off my old car are yours for 20 bucks, if you come and take em off and put the stock ones back on!

What year civic, and how bout free if I take em off.

pulse_crx
02-16-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
I'm looking to get some new rims and lowering springs for my Civic this spring.
Not sure if I want to get 15 or 16"

So far I'm liking Konig Heliums and Buddy club P2. Both which happen to be ultralight, but are also only 15"
Friends keep telling me 15" rims would be pointless.

As for springs, I'm probably looking at a 1 to 1.8" drop. And I'm assuming it would be wise to get new shocks?? Or would oem still function?

What year of civic do you have? With 15's and only a 1.8" Drop, there still maybe be some wheel gap. I suggest 16's and get a set of coilovers. But this is coming from me, and Im lowered all the way down on toms coils with 14's and no wheel gap.

If you decide to go with springs with less than a 2" drop, OEM shocks will still work, but its best to get new ones.

Ferio_vti
02-16-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by pulse_crx

What year of civic do you have? With 15's and only a 1.8" Drop, there still maybe be some wheel gap. I suggest 16's and get a set of coilovers. But this is coming from me, and Im lowered all the way down on toms coils with 14's and no wheel gap.

If you decide to go with springs with less than a 2" drop, OEM shocks will still work, but its best to get new ones.

2000 sedan. I'm not too concerned about wheel gap as I am improving the handling. Just a stiffer ride and lower height. Nothing major. Every day ride and still drivable in the winter.

Ferio_vti
02-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by nine8civicSi

I probably would if I knew how to change springs. :confused:

pulse_crx
02-16-2004, 10:00 PM
then I suggest getting a nice spring, Like the H&R race springs, which will give it a nice aggressive look, and get some 16's.

pinoyhero
02-17-2004, 02:25 PM
I would spend the extra cash and go with 17s bro.