PDA

View Full Version : EBAY Transaction Help

Mckenzie
02-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Ok....so I sold a guitar over EBAY recently to a buyer in France. The guitar sold for ~$1800 US and the guy sent me $1500 Euros for the guitar and shipping charges. Shipping was initiaolly supposed to be $150 but to insure it for the full value, it ended up being $250.

So today I get to emails form the guy in France:

a person had phone when i am not in my house

my mother tell

me they come tommorow and want a contre remboursement

of 380 euro aproximatly she don't remenber

what is it !!! !

you had tell me 150 USD and i had give you a little mutch i had make round up 1500 euro

with cheque .

I WAS VERY NICE , BUT THIS GUITARE I PAY MOST EXPENSIVE AS IT REAL PRICE , NO!!!!

I WAS OK FOR THIS ENCHERE FOR 150 USD ( a little more i had give you ) !

do somethink

i have not to pay 380 euro

PHONE THE DELYVERY COMPANY

I DON'T KNOW

and another:

i had tell to you , take the time to see how mutch is the home delevery for france , i have that's in email and you had email me 150 USD i was nice i had pay a litlle mutch 1500 euro

you don't tell me nothing

and now you want i pay 380euro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am poor and nice but not stupid

I CAN TAKE AN AVOCAT ( i don't know what is it in american )

I DON'T LIKE WHEN ABUSE OF MY KINDNESS !!!!

So what the hell am I supposed to do?

I paid for the shipping up front and he is accusing me of sending it collect.

However, I am assuming these are import duty taxes and brokerage fees at the other end which are not related to the actual shipping charges.

Does anyone know if France charges duty on a guitar made in the USA? Brokerage Fees?

I feel really bad fopr this guy and I want him to know that it is not my fault....that the charges are his responsibility.

Any ideas anyone? :dunno: :dunno:

rage2
02-16-2004, 06:31 PM
Ask him if it's for taxes, and he has to take it up with his delivery company. You've paid for shipping to his place, and if the delivery company wants to screw him with tons of fees, that's beyond your control.

When UPS screws me with brokerage, I don't expect the shipper to pay for it. It's a UPS/Canada problem that has nothing to do with the shipper.

angierideswitme
02-16-2004, 06:55 PM
he sounds mad, and the language difference sure don't help either, just try to find out what the fees are for, maybe he got the wrong message from his mom or something. and AVOCAT is lawyer i think.

EstoMax
02-16-2004, 11:14 PM
yea avocat is a lawyer... its advokaat in estonian and similar in some other languages so yeah.

that guy sounds nuts tho haha.. its his problem that theres the brokerage shit screwing him over

max

Mckenzie
02-17-2004, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the replies guys....

So thats great.... I am gonna have some crazy french dude and his lawyer chasing me down for $600 CDN....thats BS.

:thumbsdow

I feel really bad for the guy because obviously he was not expecting these fees.....it sounds like he has never imported anything before. But jeesh....$380 is a lot for just brokerage fees and taxes. Sounds like anal rape to me...:drama: :thumbsdow :dunno: :nut: :banghead: :whipped: :english:

rc2002
02-17-2004, 12:25 PM
Damn, that's a pretty big transaction to go wrong. But in your ebay auction page did you state that the buyer pays for all shipping charges?

If you did, then I don't think the guy can pursue any legal action. Any fees associated with shipping is covered by the buyer including brokerage, customs/duties. Tell the guy to learn to :english: and be on your merry way.

Mckenzie
02-17-2004, 12:29 PM
Here is the item. I do say buyer pays shipping. I think it should not be my responsibility to pay his import charges.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2371300440

t3rry
02-17-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
Here is the item. I do say buyer pays shipping. I think it should not be my responsibility to pay his import charges.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2371300440

it is not your responsibility, it is never the sellers responsibility, the buyer should always know the taxes or duties associated with buying internationally.

Ferio_vti
02-17-2004, 01:22 PM
Scan the the reciept for the shipping you paid. And send it to him.

syeve
02-17-2004, 02:54 PM
^^^ yah, I also would also find someone fluent in French to explain the duties. I am sure there are several guys on this board who are fluent. It sounds to me like the language barrier may get in the way.

hjr
02-17-2004, 05:51 PM
find a french dude. head to the university and make friends with a french person (emersion should work too)