PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Hotels, No Free Parking?

flipstah
02-14-2013, 10:02 PM
So I started booking hotels for a trip and the hotels I booked are in the city centre.

When I asked about parking, their in-house parking is a charge on top of the room rate.

I was surprised that this is the case and I was wondering if its a normal occurrence or just that hotel?

swak
02-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Never seen a downtown hotel offer free parking.

As well, I've been a valet at a few dt hotels, and dealt with this all the time... People hate it, but its downtown! Parkings a premium.

TYMSMNY
02-14-2013, 10:12 PM
Unless you're a VIP at the hotel or hotel chain, definitely not. Although sometimes they have packages that include parking and/or other deals.

taemo
02-14-2013, 10:32 PM
^like what others have said, never seen a free parking at any downtown hotels I've stayed in.
get ready to spend 20-30$/day on top of the hotel rate

flipstah
02-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Ah. I just assumed that since you're using their accommodations, I thought parking was included.

Usually, I stay at Super 8/Holiday Inn Express (HIE) so this is a first for me (big parking lots and complimentary).

So any savings I had at Priceline has been offset by parking. Thanks for the clarification!

...Then again, I paid roughly the same for 4-5 star hotel for HIE pricing.

I'm a big supporter of Priceline bidding now because of this. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by taemo
^like what others have said, never seen a free parking at any downtown hotels I've stayed in.
get ready to spend 20-30$/day on top of the hotel rate

Yup, that's the price I'm expecting. Meh.

max_boost
02-15-2013, 12:41 AM
Where you going son? With your new lady friend? :D

toyboy88
02-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by swak
Never seen a downtown hotel offer free parking.

This.

jwslam
02-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
With your new lady friend? :D
I have a feeling i know what's going on here...

Red@8
02-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
Ah. I just assumed that since you're using their accommodations, I thought parking was included.

Usually, I stay at Super 8/Holiday Inn Express (HIE) so this is a first for me (big parking lots and complimentary).

If that's the case get ready to get nailed on wifi too.

taemo
02-15-2013, 04:49 PM
hey flipstah, did you book your hotels through priceline yet?
I have a 10$/night off URL from Priceline, up to 5 nights in a 3+ star hotel
if you want it PM me and I'll send you the link

C_Dave45
02-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Where ya stayin? Huh? huh?!!! :clap: Paliser? Sheraton?

flipstah
02-15-2013, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by taemo
hey flipstah, did you book your hotels through priceline yet?
I have a 10$/night off URL from Priceline, up to 5 nights in a 3+ star hotel
if you want it PM me and I'll send you the link

Already booked! Thanks for the offer though. :)

Originally posted by C_Dave45
Where ya stayin? Huh? huh?!!! :clap: Paliser? Sheraton?

Reneissance Seattle.

:thumbsup:

C_Dave45
02-15-2013, 07:07 PM

Already booked! Thanks for the offer though. :)

Reneissance Seattle.

Ooooo nice!!! Man, haven't been to Seattle in almost 15 years!! I'm jealous!! Have a great time!

pockett
02-15-2013, 07:08 PM

Reneissance Seattle.

whoa! i'm jealous. :D ;)

max_boost
02-15-2013, 07:55 PM
flipstah moves fast. Wine/dine/shopping/ all in a different area code. Definitely the same mindset as max_boost and you know he's legit cause he ain't helocing that shit.:bigpimp:

Heru-Farukon
02-15-2013, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
flipstah moves fast. Wine/dine/shopping/ all in a different area code. Definitely the same mindset as max_boost and you know he's legit cause he ain't helocing that shit.:bigpimp:

+1

trieu
02-15-2013, 11:08 PM
@ max_boost, how many times are you gonna mention helocing in a thread? It's getting old man

thetransporter
02-16-2013, 01:55 AM
So I started booking hotels for a trip and the hotels I booked are in the city centre.

When I asked about parking, their in-house parking is a charge on top of the room rate.

I was surprised that this is the case and I was wondering if its a normal occurrence or just that hotel?

your going to be gouged everywhere in Calgary. When some relatives were here I used my Amex Platinum Charge Card and they enjoyed free valet parking, and other stuff. But I think its a case by case basis.