PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 10 Apps

shakalaka
02-19-2013, 07:40 AM
Since this is a brand new platform and good apps are few and far between, I figured we need a thread where the BB 10 users can share some good apps they've come across.

I haven't really found many and the apps I regularly used on my iPhone are still missing, but here's what I got so far.

Facebook
Linkedin
Flixster
CBCNews
Songza
CB 10 (Crackberry forums app)
The Weather Network
Daily Horoscope
Easy light (Flash Light)

That's all I've got so far, let's see what you guys have going and perhaps we can find new one's to download this way. Also, if you hear or read anything on any new apps being released, that can be posted here as well.

heavyfuel
02-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Is the TD mobile banking app available on 10? Looks like I'll be ditching my 9360, swapping my 9900 into my work phone and buying a Q10 for personal use. I was playing with my daughter's Iphone yesterday and as cool as it is it was a big procedure to even load music onto it and Itunes almost did some T3 shit and tried to take over my laptop so I'm just gonna stick with BB after all. I just remember when I got my 9900 TD hadn't updated the app yet and when you email app supports with BB, they never get back to you.

shakalaka
02-19-2013, 09:39 AM
I am not sure about the TD app, but there is no RBC app yet. But I am sure in time they will release all these apps as BB 10 becomes more popular. Or I hope so anyway.

GQBalla
02-19-2013, 09:46 AM
no td app from what i can see

urrforce
02-19-2013, 11:39 AM
you bb fans get instagram yet the gfs dad says thats the only thing he misses about swtiching from his iphone 4s is his words

"i cant look at naked girls working out anymore" lol

EK69
02-19-2013, 11:55 AM
https://wcpo.tdgroup.com/wireless/servlet/ca.tdbank.wireless3.servlet.AuthenticateServletR1?source=BBerry

Alternative for td app

Apparently u can sideload (install) android apps that aren't available natively. I have no experience In doing so yet but there's a section at crack berry on it.

Some app called "battery guru" has been submitted looks like that sounds like it'll be similar to better battery stats from android so that should be good to get battery usage info

boarderfatty
02-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by EK69
https://wcpo.tdgroup.com/wireless/servlet/ca.tdbank.wireless3.servlet.AuthenticateServletR1?source=BBerry

Alternative for td app

Apparently u can sideload (install) android apps that aren't available natively. I have no experience In doing so yet but there's a section at crack berry on it.

Some app called "battery guru" has been submitted looks like that sounds like it'll be similar to better battery stats from android so that should be good to get battery usage info

I know when I first got my 9900 and the TD app was unavailable in the app store I contacted TD Web support and they gave me a way to download an app interface off of the td website. basically it is an app screen that link to waterhouse, locations, full website, and the link in the above quote

.jl-
02-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Apps I have for my Z10:

Native:
Crackberry
theScore

Android Sideloaded:
Google Maps (Navigation Beta)
Flipster
Urbanspoon
Pinterest
Whatsapp

shakalaka
02-19-2013, 01:25 PM
^Do you have a source or directory of apps that are known to work fine after sideloading? I tried sideloading some apps, but most of the one's I wanted wouldn't work properly.

All the Z10 users; let's see a list of your apps.

GQBalla
02-19-2013, 02:32 PM
I've notice the stock map works decent
Just sometimes I notice it stops and just sits there

Currently I have
Stocks
Songza
Mahjong
Paper toss
Google talk
Fuel calculator

Few other games...

shakalaka
02-19-2013, 05:05 PM
I have no games. Any good one's worth downloading?

ercchry
02-19-2013, 05:06 PM
radiant defense and sector strike are pretty addicting and free

.jl-
02-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
^Do you have a source or directory of apps that are known to work fine after sideloading? I tried sideloading some apps, but most of the one's I wanted wouldn't work properly.

All the Z10 users; let's see a list of your apps.

I got the list from CrackBerry:
http://forums.crackberry.com/android-app-sideloading-f279/list-sideloaded-apps-working-z10-766594/

Team_Mclaren
02-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Fuck the Q10 couldnt come fast enough.... I want new apps

tha_bandit
02-19-2013, 09:07 PM
This site here has some good ones for side loading, and they are tested to be working, can't comment on performance, I tried ES file explorer and aTorrent, worked good...

LINKY (http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/playbook-android-apps/)

you can download Flipboard to get some Instagram functionality lol

EK69
02-19-2013, 09:41 PM
http://bb10bars.net/

ercchry
02-20-2013, 11:37 AM
so do i need anything special to make these sideloaded apps work?

shazam give an instant "can't tag" error and skype cant connect to the server

.jl-
02-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
so do i need anything special to make these sideloaded apps work?

shazam give an instant "can't tag" error and skype cant connect to the server

Nope, just side load them using the DDBInstaller and it should work. I don't have Shazam on my Z10 so I can't confirm if it is working. Maybe its the version of Shazam bar you've downloaded? Crackberry has 1.3 on their list, but it says version 3.13.2 doesn't work:
http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/playbook-android-apps/?did=225

Just downloaded Advanced Task Manager,Pulse, and Yahoo Fantasy Hockey will be sideloading them in a minute

As far games, I've got:
Angry Birds Star Wars
Pew Pew (like geometry wars for XBOX360)

Anyone tried the games feature yet? Looks like Apple's GameCenter where you share scores with friends.

ercchry
02-20-2013, 02:35 PM
sideloading is at about a 90% failure rate...

http://apk2bar.unker.net/

neat idea, but people are up voting when the apps dont actually work :nut:

so far i have had success with google places, whatsapp, and doodle jump

EK69
02-21-2013, 12:02 AM
i just looked into this stuff 10 min ago and figured out how sideloading works
a lot easier than i thought it would be lol the hard part is finding the .bar file :nut:

anyways yeah seems like the ones that do work work like shit (laggy, slow, crash)... i read somewhere that the version of android running on the z10 is 2.something ?? if so that old as fuck haha

disregard that site i posted it seems to be a piece of shit :banghead:

sideloading is at about a 90% failure rate...

http://apk2bar.unker.net/

neat idea, but people are up voting when the apps dont actually work :nut:

so far i have had success with google places, whatsapp, and doodle jump
that site looks cool but it looks like apps get pushed out of view as new ones are uploaded and converted?

//edit
best weather app so far :rofl:
called "the last weather app" found on blackberry world
http://berrythai.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Raining.png

//edit2
tried sideloading random facebook .bars that i found with a range of version (last one was 1.12.something) and every one of them randomly had a "force close" pop up (brings back days of early 2.something android :nut: ) or just closed and went away on its own (active frame disappeared too)

sideloading sounds cool and stuff but thus far seems like a waste of time :bullshit:

.jl-
02-21-2013, 12:39 AM
i just looked into this stuff 10 min ago and figured out how sideloading works
a lot easier than i thought it would be lol the hard part is finding the .bar file :nut:

anyways yeah seems like the ones that do work work like shit (laggy, slow, crash)... i read somewhere that the version of android running on the z10 is 2.something ?? if so that old as fuck haha

disregard that site i posted it seems to be a piece of shit :banghead:

that site looks cool but it looks like apps get pushed out of view as new ones are uploaded and converted?

//edit
best weather app so far :rofl:
called "the last weather app" found on blackberry world
http://berrythai.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Raining.png

//edit2
tried sideloading random facebook .bars that i found with a range of version (last one was 1.12.something) and every one of them randomly had a "force close" pop up (brings back days of early 2.something android :nut: ) or just closed and went away on its own (active frame disappeared too)

sideloading sounds cool and stuff but thus far seems like a waste of time :bullshit:

I've have no problems with most my sideloaded apps. Only one that didn't work for me was Mint.. If you're experiencing a lot of lag and wait times due to android apps crashing, you might want to get advanced task killer so you can kill those apps and reopen them

EK69
02-21-2013, 01:39 AM
Ok will do later
Timmy me is a native app in bbworld for the tims lovers looks like you can save a tims card in there too

BlackBerry newsstand has a free trial period looks like with a bunch of magazines. Not sure if you will be able to check out the ones u download after the 7 days are up?

nzwasp
02-21-2013, 09:06 AM
Its quite likely that many of the apps people need are stuck in Blackberrys queue to approve before they go on the app world. For some reason blackberry takes forever to approve apps which is a lot different than iphone or android app stores.

Reading the developer forums it seems there are apps that have been waiting to approve for the z10 for 2 months.

captain134
02-21-2013, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by nzwasp
Its quite likely that many of the apps people need are stuck in Blackberrys queue to approve before they go on the app world. For some reason blackberry takes forever to approve apps which is a lot different than iphone or android app stores.

Reading the developer forums it seems there are apps that have been waiting to approve for the z10 for 2 months.

I will say this is true. I have had an app in their queue for over 2 weeks with no change.

.jl-
03-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Instagram finally got ported! Tried it for a couple days and it seems pretty stable. Only thing I found glitchy was the keyboard, it didnt register the correct characters some times, other than that it's solid :thumbsup:

ercchry
03-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by .jl-
Instagram finally got ported! Tried it for a couple days and it seems pretty stable. Only thing I found glitchy was the keyboard, it didnt register the correct characters some times, other than that it's solid :thumbsup:

that and unable to sign up an account and unable to link flickr... but yeah keyboard is a PITA! cant hash tag half the time since the # gives me a g instead :rofl:

.jl-
03-09-2013, 02:02 AM

that and unable to sign up an account and unable to link flickr... but yeah keyboard is a PITA! cant hash tag half the time since the # gives me a g instead :rofl:

Oh yeah I forgot about the register. I had to use a friend's android. At least there's instagram though haha

ercchry
03-09-2013, 02:07 AM
i downloaded bluestacks, works well for grabbing apps to convert to .bar files too

EK69
03-09-2013, 02:27 AM
I think I read that an actual instagram app is suppose to be out soon.

.jl-
03-09-2013, 04:13 PM
i downloaded bluestacks, works well for grabbing apps to convert to .bar files too

Is that a BlackBerry app that converts it? or a PC/Mac app?

I think I read that an actual instagram app is suppose to be out soon.

Last time I checked, Instagram had no intentions on creating a BlackBerry App, but it was a while since I read that so they might ahve changed their minds, not 100% sure.

WhatsApp is coming to BlackBerry next week, don't have to use the android ported one anymore

ercchry
03-09-2013, 04:26 PM
virtual android phone for the PC for apps

Idiot Stick
03-11-2013, 09:38 AM
I was reading crackberry forums and seen a thread about a bit torrent client called bittorque that is supposed to be available in app world but I can't find it, and using Google I can open the app world link and it gives me a "Network Error" when it opens app world. Is anyone on here able to load it on their phones? Looks useful

EDIT: Looked into it some more, it was pulled from App World because BB doesn't support torrent apps. -_-

EK69
03-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Whatsapp is released
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/2360

Keekee
03-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Give Spotcast a try http://spotcastapp.com/

Local developer. It's a good app

.jl-
03-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Just got Waze from App world, its an android port, but everything seems to be running smoothly for now.

shakalaka
03-15-2013, 09:23 PM

shakalaka
04-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Anything new, interesting and mention worthy?