PDA

View Full Version : Review: Northwest Acura

sneek
02-21-2013, 12:26 AM
I have wanted a 05-08 RL for quite a while. After a couple of years of looking, I never found a RL that quite fit my requirements. I decided to grab the closest thing I could find –a TL with SH-AWD (Yes I know the system is different in a better way in the RL). I found a car I liked at Northwest Acura, so I scheduled a test drive from the website. Within a few moments I received a call to schedule me in for a test drive in the evening. One thing I have to say is great about Northwest Acura is that their hours are great for people like me. I work roughly 70 hours a week so sometimes it is a bit tough to work with dealerships.

My sales rep was a guy named Daniel McAkorum, who genuinely seemed like a good guy. He certainly didn’t give off the scumbag vibe that I usually get off guys that work at the dealership. He was pretty quick to let me drive the car and didn’t try to throw car facts at me. When it came down to price, I feel like I could have got the car a bit cheaper, but I was having a major case of car ADHD so I just pulled the trigger on it.
One thing that bothered me about Northwest Acura was that they forced me to buy “Secure ride”, which is basically a documentation fee with nitrogen tires and road side assistance if the tires blow out. I REALLY hate it when dealerships don’t just include that in the price because mentally I find it hard to shell out $500 for nitrogen filled tires.
Another minus for the dealer is that there are pretty awful at detailing cars. Perhaps I am just picky, but the car was covered in swirls and other assorted scratches. Additionally, there was residual wax left on the car that somebody neglected to wipe off. (This is why you should never detail cars at the dealership)

Coles notes:
Pricing: Average – certainly nothing to write home about

Sales Rep: Above average, Daniel seemed like a great guy that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anybody.

Service: Above Average – There were some strong points for this dealer in the sense that they did make everything straightforward and easy. They let me drive the car without asking me too many questions. They forgot to get a plate for me, but they ran out right away and fixed that. The detailing work was well below average…even for a dealership.

HiSpec
02-21-2013, 01:13 AM
I don't think it's possible for dealership detailer to satisfy any hobbyist detailers like us... haha