PDA

View Full Version : Millenium Auto and Truck sales. Review??

beyond_ban
02-25-2013, 04:29 PM
I just drove past this dealer on 40th ave NE by Maranellos and saw some nice vehicles. After looking at their website (www.milleniumautocalgary.com) I noticed they had some pretty good prices on some high end vehicles.

Has anybody delt directly with them or heard from others? I haven't had a chance to look at any cars in person, so I figured I'd activate the all knowing beyond beforehand.

Any help is appreciated.

I searched before creating this thread but there was nothing recent.

ExtraSlow
02-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Can't trust any used car dealer, so my recommendation would be not to trust them. Not saying you can't buy a vehicle there, but get it inspected elsewhere, get everything in writing, and don't put down a deposit, ever.

simonseys
02-25-2013, 05:43 PM
I tried to finance a vehicle they had for sale, I was going to put down half and finance the remainder, we (the salesguy and I) agreed on a final, all-in price. Day comes to pick up the car and do the paperwork, I saw they tacked on a $1400 fee without showing me, they didn't review the price with me and just expected me to sign and drive off. When I asked about it, they gave me a really hard time, turns out the $1400 was for a extended warranty and it was mandatory otherwise I don't get the car.

So me not wanting to make a big fuss, I walked, by the time I got to my car the guy said he'd cut it by half. I said no and I went on my way, for the next week after that they kept calling me saying they'll sell it to me at the price we initially agreed on

Nice selections of cars, but definately something going on with their sales people

beyond_ban
02-25-2013, 06:01 PM
^ thanks, that's what I was looking for. I am going to check them out in person this weekend and see first hand how the cars look.

Also, like you pointed out ExtraSlow, I would get the car looked over by a third party for any mechanical problems before putting any money down.

Masked Bandit
02-25-2013, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by simonseys
I tried to finance a vehicle they had for sale, I was going to put down half and finance the remainder, we (the salesguy and I) agreed on a final, all-in price. Day comes to pick up the car and do the paperwork, I saw they tacked on a $1400 fee without showing me, they didn't review the price with me and just expected me to sign and drive off. When I asked about it, they gave me a really hard time, turns out the $1400 was for a extended warranty and it was mandatory otherwise I don't get the car.

So me not wanting to make a big fuss, I walked, by the time I got to my car the guy said he'd cut it by half. I said no and I went on my way, for the next week after that they kept calling me saying they'll sell it to me at the price we initially agreed on

Nice selections of cars, but definately something going on with their sales people

Don't assume that kind of tactic is exclusive to used car lots. I had Cochrane Dodge try and pull the same shit with me on an (almost) new Ram 1500.

simonseys
02-25-2013, 07:38 PM
^ Similar story too over @ Kramer Mazda :nut:

clem24
02-26-2013, 03:43 PM
IDK, they've been around for a LONG time. I've been.. Twice in the past 10 odd years, and both visits shady as hell. Last visit was last year to look at a C63. A bunch of brown guys in there, and someone was obviously smoking as it reeked in there. They did not mention that it was in an accident until I asked; the front bumper was a completely different shade of white than the rest of the car, plus had other random bits replaced.

It's really just like any other shady used car dealer - buy cars for cheap at auctions + resell = profit. It's one thing that I could never understand.. Why do these places even exist in the first place? I could never trust one. But then again, obviously something is working for them.

Really can Beyond list ONE good/reputable used car place that you wouldn't hesitate to send your mother to?

Proyecto2000
02-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by clem24

Really can Beyond list ONE good/reputable used car place that you wouldn't hesitate to send your mother to?

Well personally I would recommend Excel Auto, I bought a car from that used car dealership 4 years ago. I came up and asked for a test drive and the guy told me right away that the car had been rearended and repaired by Toyota. Gave me a print out of the car fax and told me to go get it inspected if I wanted to.

Drove the car around for a bit and I have owned it problem free the last 4 years :)

CapnCrunch
02-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Never buy from a used car dealership, period.

NEVER

Masked Bandit
02-26-2013, 04:22 PM

It's just a different mindset. I have no issue with buying from a name brand dealer (Ford / Chev / Honda / whatever) but I still go in with the belief that they're trying to screw me on something. I just have to find out what. It's like dancing with someone who is trying to steal your wallet.

BokCh0y
02-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Bunch of lebs that run/own the place like Clem24 said. Sketchy for sure, a lot of the cars are auction for sure, like lease backs from dealerships who don't see the lease backs as "reseller/certified". I they do a lot of their own detailing and "painting" as well, hence why everything doesn't match.

For sure if you buy from them, take it to a mechanic you trust for inspection. Don't listen to them and don't buy their warranty.

ddduke
02-26-2013, 09:21 PM
I don't know a thing about them but I looked at the m5 they have when it was over at lonestar this summer, I was told straight up it was super fucked and not to even waste my time looking at it.

darthVWader
02-26-2013, 09:24 PM
I dont buy cars from guys named Moe.

beyond_ban
02-26-2013, 10:23 PM
I am going to go and check it out anyways.. call me stupid haha. If nothing else, maybe i'll get to drive a few cars.

D. Dub
02-26-2013, 10:46 PM

Ninth Avenue Auto in Inglewood.

triplep
02-27-2013, 05:24 AM
I bought my accord from them, and I have to say my experience was pretty good. I cannot complain about the service. Mind you I did bring my own mechanic when I was looking at the car.

To me it seemed like they sold high mileage vehicles, hence why there is no certified warranty etc. My accord had 86k on it, so it no longer qualified for Honda's warranty.

All in all it was a good experience.