PDA

View Full Version : Vex Performance Review

KRyn
02-28-2013, 10:19 AM
I just wanted to thank Ryan, Jimmy, Sunny and all the guys and gal over at Vex. They continue to take great care of my car and answer all of my questions (damn Subaru's and their strange ass engine layouts). If you have a Subaru (or any car) that needs work done I highly suggest you give them a call! If my car can stay our of their shop long enough for me to save any money I look forward to getting on the dyno this spring and having them retune it.

They also have a great deal on spark plugs going on, buy four and don't pay for any of them! :bigpimp:
Ask Ryan about this deal! :rofl:

A790
02-28-2013, 10:26 AM
Agreed! These guys are top notch :)

Perfect Dark
02-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by KRyn
I just wanted to thank Ryan, Jimmy, Sunny and all the guys and gal over at Vex. They continue to take great care of my car and answer all of my questions (damn Subaru's and their strange ass engine layouts). If you have a Subaru (or any car) that needs work done I highly suggest you give them a call! If my car can stay our of their shop long enough for me to save any money I look forward to getting on the dyno this spring and having them retune it.

They also have a great deal on spark plugs going on, buy four and don't pay for any of them! :bigpimp:
Ask Ryan about this deal! :rofl:

For the dyno tune I *believe* they'll just take it to Airboy Tuning to do...might be worth your time to just talk to him directly.

DeleriousZ
02-28-2013, 10:50 AM
They have a 2wd dyno there, they use Airboy for their 4wd needs.

KRyn
02-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Perfect Dark

For the dyno tune I *believe* they'll just take it to Airboy Tuning to do...might be worth your time to just talk to him directly.

Sunny aka Airboy actually works as a mechanic at Vex now. He still runs Airboy Tuning; I got a baseline done on my car from him last spring, hoping to lay down more power this time around.

94boosted
02-28-2013, 12:14 PM
Glad to hear it was an easy fix this time.

Perfect Dark
02-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by KRyn

Sunny aka Airboy actually works as a mechanic at Vex now. He still runs Airboy Tuning; I got a baseline done on my car from him last spring, hoping to lay down more power this time around.

It's been awhile since I've talked with Sunny, I wasn't aware that he's apprecticing through VEX now but it makes sense.

Either way you're car is in good hands with him.

KRyn
02-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
Glad to hear it was an easy fix this time.

It was easy, let's hope that it is also cheap! :D

Originally posted by Perfect Dark

It's been awhile since I've talked with Sunny, I wasn't aware that he's apprecticing through VEX now but it makes sense.

Either way you're car is in good hands with him.

I feel the same way, the guys over there know what they are doing.

RY213
02-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Vex is awesome, I always recommend them to people..

syritis
03-01-2013, 04:48 AM
:clap:
have always gotten good parts, good work and good tuning from the Vex team. great group.

94boosted
03-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Plus they support local motorsports (SCCA Solo-II & Winter Driving Schools) :thumbsup:

pfis300
03-01-2013, 10:30 AM
I find myself fond of Vex, Jimmy's cute to look at so I frequent the establishment.

heavyfuel
03-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Apparently it's a great shop. Oh well. Must be me then, I got nothing but attitude and a holier-than-thou vibe from that place when I picked up some parts for my car.

pfis300
03-01-2013, 02:40 PM
What parts did you pick up?

ercchry
03-01-2013, 02:48 PM
your sig just reminded me how much i hate you for going gokarting while i was making you a beautiful meal :cry:

heavyfuel
03-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by pfis300
What parts did you pick up?

Doesn't matter. Traded that car for a 3rd truck, back to normal, no reason to go back. Looks like a lot of people are happy with them tho, good for them.

HiSpec
03-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Do they only do aftermarket support? What about just simple mechanical work or maintenance work?

georgemagana
03-01-2013, 06:38 PM
I had a horrible experience with them as well. 2 of my friends ordered parts from them and they were never notified their parts arrived either.

pfis300
03-01-2013, 06:41 PM
They do simple mechanical and Maintence work as well.

And LOL Eric, we need to go karting

heavyfuel
03-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by georgemagana
I had a horrible experience with them as well. 2 of my friends ordered parts from them and they were never notified their parts arrived either.

Yeah I think you gotta be a part of, or know someone in their little click. That's the impression I got. Fuck that noise lol

sr20s14zenki
03-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by heavyfuel

Yeah I think you gotta be a part of, or know someone in their little click. That's the impression I got. Fuck that noise lol

Thats how i felt whenever i was at speedtech. Never been to vex yet (its funny cuz its right down the road from my work) but i have dealt with jimmy before, and besides his inappropriate sexual advances, he's a pretty good guy to deal with :D

Jokes aside, the bottom line is this, people make mistakes, and people forget. I do it all the time. As long as 3/4 of the word being said about you is good, you're doing ok, the other 1/4 is usually full of shit or whiny anyways.

georgemagana
03-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Actually that's exactly how it was for me. To keep it simple and because there is no sense in bashing anyone, they had issues with my car and when it came to fix it, they said they were to busy with cars that were higher priority than mine... haha that the other clients were basically more important to their business. Almost word by word what I got told on the phone. I do have 1 or 2 friends that like them they had pretty good service so I don't know lol

pfis300
03-01-2013, 09:15 PM
When they are working on alpha 9 gtr's and full engine builds that were there before you, im sure they want to get their projects finished up too.