PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a LG Fridge?

bignerd
03-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Are they always this loud?

The new, quite expensive fridge is much louder than the old builders model we replaced... sort of a high pitched ringing noise when it is running. Just curious if they are all loud, might have to take it back .

Tik-Tok
03-03-2013, 02:07 PM
We've got an LG lfc25760st we bought several years ago on scratch and dent sale, it's always had a very slight high pictched whine, but you don't notice it unless the house it dead quiet, and you're in the kitchen.

sillysod
03-03-2013, 02:22 PM
You have just made a major mistake purchasing an LG fridge. Ours is the biggest POS. We've had it for 5 years and every year it goes through about $500-$1000 in parts.

The $600 frigidaire that came with our new home is the basement bar fridge. Typical black ugly fridge but it works perfectly every day. The $4500 LG is just a complete p.o.s. Even the temperature probe is no good. I've had them try to calibrate it many times but it always says the indoor house temp is over 30c. LG mechanic "ya that's normal, just don't look at it". :thumbsdow

Take it back and swap it for a samsung if you still can.

rookie101
03-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Mine has been a great fridge.:dunno: I've had my LFX23965ST for two and a half years without so much as a hiccup. No more noise than any other fridge I've owned either.

bignerd
03-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Mine doesn't sound quite as fancy as yours Sillysod, but was still about $2000 I think.

Bought it from a friend that works at Trail and has for a long time so he generally has a pretty good idea of what comes back and gets repaired a lot.

We asked him about an LG dishwasher, and he was like "No." lol.

Bought an LG stove so at least two of the appliances would match and a Kitchenaid dishwasher. The dishwasher I posted about long ago not cleaning dishes, then it leaked and ruined our floor so husband got fed up and chucked it.

The old builders fridge, while still working, was making a ticking noise and I think the compressor was going on it. It was about 11 years old.

Hard to know with appliances, you read the reviews and it is like "great, awesome, love it blah blah blah" and then you get one or two "terrible, don't buy!!!". Never know how much to read into those.

schocker
03-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Mine doesn't have a high pitched sound but sometimes is loud :dunno:
I have all LG appliances and haven't had any issues with any of them and they are about 3 years old now.

bignerd
03-03-2013, 05:52 PM
It seems a bit better now that it is warmed up and pushed into its spot surrounded by cabinets, but it is still louder than the crappy old fridge it replaced.

The LED's in it are crazy though, I am blinded every time I open the door....