PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln Zephyr? Or?

Supa Dexta
03-04-2013, 08:20 PM
So I wanted to pick up a cheap summer car to do some running around in.. I was looking at caddies and then a lincoln zephyr popped up..

Anyone know much about them?

I'm open to ideas for a comfortable car - an old man car if you will.. Around 10k since its just gonna be a summer beater basically and easier on gas then my truck - but I want a comfortable ride with some space. I looked at a couple of 745's, but you have to get above 15k for them.

corsvette
03-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Licoln Zephyr= Ford fusion

I like Caddies better:D

I do know a guy with a MKZ (newer Zephyr but same car) and he likes it, been trouble free.

Supa Dexta
03-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Im a GM guy myself, but (especially) buicks are terrible looking inside with the plastic dashes, caddies aren't as bad. But my LTZ truck can't be nicer than a car I get..lol

Id consider an older maxima or acura TL or something, but you have to go older to get in this price range.

eblend
03-04-2013, 09:05 PM
I would go with Caddy as well. Used to have a 2003 CTS Premium Sport with about 70k which I sold about 1.5years ago for $13k, so by now one of those can be had for 10k for sure. RWD, leather, heated seats, heated mirrors, auto angle mirrors for reverse parking, multiple drivers programing (one remote for you, one for someone else, adjusts all mirrors, seats ect to that person as soon as the defined remote is used), factory nav, HID, sunroof ect. Was an awesome car and great value. Only reason I got rid of it is the wife needed a smaller car, and I didn't want to have more than one vehicle in the house as I use transit for my downtown work.

The feature I miss the most about that Caddy is those sweet auto adjustments for everything based on the remote used..with our current Pontiac Vibe had that feature...hell any of the features listed above haha...don't realize how awesome those features are until they are gone.

Forgot to mention, I drove it like a sports car as it had pretty damn good handling and plenty of power. I think its considered a sports coupe, damn comfortable, my wife didn't realize how good we had it until she started driving the new ecobox hehe

Graham_A_M
03-04-2013, 10:38 PM
FWIW, AutoMaxx has a damn nice 2011 Cadillac CTS-V. (550HP) for $55k. Its black on black. My buddy picked up a truck from them, and as much bad shit I've heard of them, it doesn't seem that bad of a place at all. Their cars were damn nice for the money they wanted for them.

I'd pick up a good Cadi in a heartbeat. Damn nice cars for the money.

eblend
03-05-2013, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
FWIW, AutoMaxx has a damn nice 2011 Cadillac CTS-V. (550HP) for $55k. Its black on black. My buddy picked up a truck from them, and as much bad shit I've heard of them, it doesn't seem that bad of a place at all. Their cars were damn nice for the money they wanted for them.

I don't know what a brand new 2011 CTS-V goes for, but I remember I met up a guy once when I needed a GPS upgrade DVD without going to the dealer, and he had a 2004 or 2005 CTS-V and paid $23,000 for it in the states! I felt ripped haha, paid $25,000 for my top of the line standard CTS. I think prices in the states for used ones may be a ton better if you want to go through the trouble.

Supa Dexta
03-05-2013, 12:06 AM
Yes I should have mentioned- the 10k is just what Im going to leave with them to hold a car for me.. Ill come back later with the other 50 grand.. :nut: :rofl:

Supa Dexta
03-05-2013, 02:35 AM
Thoughts on something like this>

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2003-Mercedes-Benz-S-Class-S-500-4MATIC-Sedan-FULLY-CERTIFIED-W0QQAdIdZ459278703

I know nothing about MB really, so those who do - would I be better looking at them or a jag of the same years? s type or something.

black300
03-05-2013, 10:14 AM
MKZ or Zephyr are the same car, they are really good especially if you can get awd. Lots of power and features.

S-class are full of problems, suspension troubles. I would never get an older Benz or Audi.

rated_R
03-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by black300
MKZ or Zephyr are the same car

+1,

also used to be Lincoln LS

GT4rally
03-05-2013, 03:36 PM
^Nope... the LS is a completely different RWD chassis.

Rat Fink
03-05-2013, 06:53 PM

Team_Mclaren
03-05-2013, 07:29 PM
balhblahbalh

WTF where did the extra 45k budget come from???:rofl: :rofl:

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2006-Cadillac-STS-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ462165541

not bad for a huge boat for 9k

Supa Dexta
03-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Yeah Ill keep looking around.. The jags are catching my eye now, usually in good shape with low mileage.

never
03-11-2013, 11:11 PM

That V is over priced given the mileage and the lack of Recaros. It'll be up for sale for a while longer. It was up for sale when I bought my second V2 last fall.