PDA

View Full Version : Deck Install in 06 TSX

Justin-88
03-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Hey,

I have recently done a ton of browsing on acura forums about putting a Single Din deck in my 2006 Acura Tsx

Apparently you cant take out the stock unit, due to the climate controls. And instead you can put your deck in one of the lower compartments.

(lower compartment deck install shown below.)
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d21/bmwproboi/tsx/IMG_1081.jpg

I have no technical know-how on doing this myself, and want to take it into a local audio place.

However my questions are;

Will a local place even be able to install it ? due to the added difficultly of having the climate controls being ran on the stock hu and the second unit controlling the speakers ?

And will it cost a lot more putting a deck into that compartment ? (Cutting holes for wires ?)

Lastly, there is talk of a dash kit but I haven't been able to track it down, will a local shop be able to find a dash kit for a car with a stubborn stock hu ?

G-ZUS
03-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Ifs it anything like the 03-07 accord its not hard at all.

snowcat
03-07-2013, 04:44 PM
I thought the sound of the TSX was fine when I had mine.... Aftermarket decks are so ugly.

To each their own I guess.

Lex350
03-07-2013, 04:48 PM
better off upgrading the speakers over the deck.

gpomp
03-07-2013, 05:40 PM
i would get a mercman harness along with a decent amp and speakers/sub.

genesis0403
03-07-2013, 07:57 PM
you need to buy two things from Acura dealership.
The brackets and the mp3 player cover I think it was.

eglove
03-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Just get a bit one or a jbl ms8, or a amp with high level inputs and add a sub. That's what I did in mine. Not worth putting in an aftermarket one, you lose all the steering wheel controls etc.

Justin-88
03-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Alright thanks

I look into some speakers/amp instead

But what kind of amp should I be looking for to power the aftermarket speakers if i replace the 4 door speakers and the back 2 ?

The bit one and jbl ms-8 i checked out and they look pretty sweet but pretty costly, but that's alright.

Cheers

eglove
03-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Any of the new alpines will work fine. 5 channel I wouldn't worry about the rear doors being amp'd. Just do your fronts unhook the rear deck speakers and line in from those for your sub

Justin-88
03-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by eglove
Any of the new alpines will work fine. 5 channel I wouldn't worry about the rear doors being amp'd. Just do your fronts unhook the rear deck speakers and line in from those for your sub

So something along the lines of this ?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_45520_Alpine-MRX-V70.html

"Alpine MRX-V70
1200W Max, 5-Channel X-Power Series Car Amplifier"

Or is 1200W a little much ?

eglove
03-11-2013, 06:39 PM
That would power your fronts, your rear doors, and your sub no problem. (No rear shelf 6x9's) That would be the one I would get. The only hassle is all the wiring for the doors. Just adding a sub was good enough for me.

westsideaccord
03-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Also for fuctionality of iPod mp3 etc. I used an isimple unit that simply piggy backed the xm plug and had ok control for iPod and had other inputs using the stock head unit and kept it clean, then I would upgrade amplifier by changing from the factory one to an aftermarket 4,5,6 channel. This is going to be the most important improvement as well you may want to use some dynamat or the like to deaden the tinny vibrations you may hear from the doors and rear deck trunk etc. And then add a better sub , and box. My 2 cents. Good luck! If you really want a new head unit Metra and a couple other companies make adapters for integrating aftermarket hu into stock location and retain climate control etc using there own buttons etc. Check out crutchfield .ca for some more info I use the. Only for info. For the record.

eglove
03-24-2013, 09:45 PM
There are no kits for the tsx for aftermarket decks. Don't get isimple get a usaspec adapter.

westsideaccord
03-25-2013, 02:37 PM
To say don't get something seems like you have experience with one, as I do and would highly recommend it. What are you're experiences with the I simple?

EG6boi
03-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by eglove
There are no kits for the tsx for aftermarket decks. Don't get isimple get a usaspec adapter.

+1. Heard good things about usaspec.

eglove
03-25-2013, 04:26 PM
No steering controls. Skip glitches, sometimes would connect sometimes wouldn't. Overheating of the isimple box. Sound cut outs.

Usaspec is a much better product all around.

mgwatson
03-25-2013, 06:00 PM
stopped reading after looking at a sideways picture..

westsideaccord
03-29-2013, 07:09 PM
huh all the steering controls worked on the 06 tl, and might I add well enough to make me smile, but I suppose Acura decks are vehicle specific, and have heard some people having trouble with a lot of different integration products, but usaspec seems to be the way to go I guess, owned a tl not tsx myself. Cheers. and yeah I couldn't find a single metra kit or anything so unless your a fan of customization lol.