PDA

View Full Version : Where do you go to pick up passengers at the Calgary Intl Airport?

alberta_gamer
03-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Flight arriving from Montreal. Where would I expect to be able to pick up a waiting passenger? What are these zones called or how are they labeled (for when I am arranging the pickup) Do I have to park in so-called cell-phone waiting areas first? How much does parking there cost?

Thanks and sorry for so many questions. This will be my first time picking up passengers there and I have no clue where to go.

Thanks for your time.

xnvy
03-08-2013, 11:19 PM
When you go there, there are numerous signs that direct you to arrivals. You can just park your car in one of the nearby lots and enter the terminal.

rage2
03-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Before you get to the parking turnoff, there's a cell phone parking lot on the right. Sit there and wait for your passenger to call you. They should call you when they pick a door to go out of, call you with the door number, takes you 1 minute to get there from the lot. Simple and free.

jdmakkord
03-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Check the updated arrival time online. Arrive at the airport 5 min after that,park in short term and meet them inside. 30 min or less is free parking.

CMW403
03-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Before you get to the parking turnoff, there's a cell phone parking lot on the right. Sit there and wait for your passenger to call you. They should call you when they pick a door to go out of, call you with the door number, takes you 1 minute to get there from the lot. Simple and free.

QFT I pick my dad up all the time.

cream
03-09-2013, 03:11 AM
You can also use short term parking. If you want to be at the gate as they walk out. Park in short term parking (30 minutes free). Chill inside. If they get delayed, re-park before your 30mins time comes up. Repeat as necessary.

Xtrema
03-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by cream
You can also use short term parking. If you want to be at the gate as they walk out. Park in short term parking (30 minutes free). Chill inside. If they get delayed, re-park before your 30mins time comes up. Repeat as necessary.

Domestic flights, if they fly AC, it's gate A. Westjet, C or D.

alberta_gamer
03-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Thanks for your helpful advice everyone.

Stealth22
03-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Domestic flights, if they fly AC, it's gate A. Westjet, C or D. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't C only for flights (any airline) that come in from the States?

jwslam
03-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't C only for flights (any airline) that come in from the States?
C flights for US Outbound.

From wiki YYC

Concourse C Gates 20 to 34 are swing gates. Gates 31 to 34 will swing between Concourse C and D. On flights originating in Calgary passengers bound for the United States go through US Customs & Border Protection pre-clearance prior to boarding their flights. The flight is then treated on arrival in the U.S. as a domestic flight. Concourse C has six dedicated security lanes after US pre-clearance facilities. Concourse C is only used for US bound flights. The C concourse contains the Servisair Calgary Rocky Mountain lounge (co-branded as the WestJet Lounge).

US Inbound should be B

Back to the OP: I do the cell-phone wait deal.