PDA

View Full Version : To the black Volvo license plate EPP-978

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Dear jackass,

I'm not sure what I did to piss you off, by doing just over the limit (75 in a 70), and then trying to get out of your way.
I'm not sure if you had planned to pass me on the right, and we just changed lanes at the same time.

But switching back into the left lane, flying by me with your wife and child in the car (who looks to be under 10 years old), and then brake checking me for no reason, was uncalled for to say the least.
To then slow down, under the limit so you can avoid eye contact with a smirk on your face, and have your wife blow kisses and wave at me, is really grown up.

I'm sure your Volvo wagon is fast. Fast enough you had to remove the model number and just leave a red R on your aged Volvo, but that doesn't mean you need to drive so recklessly.

I'm not sure if I should be calling the cops on your driving, or social services because of the danger you seem to so carelessly put your child in.

Cheers,
The tired guy going home from working on a weekend.

Supa Dexta
03-09-2013, 05:50 PM
If you hate your job so much, just quit.

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
If you hate your job so much, just quit.

I'm glad that's what you took away from that. I don't hate my job. I get some OT this weekend. I just wanted to get home.

CanmoreOrLess
03-09-2013, 05:58 PM
The wife and husband look to be the perfect uber-douche match. The kid will grow into a classic idiot and tune the parents into reality over the coming decades. Let it go, their life sucks.

Mibz
03-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
If you hate your job so much, just quit. Ha!

ddduke
03-09-2013, 06:05 PM
hey! I like the v70r volvos

haggis88
03-09-2013, 08:35 PM
to me, this post just sums up driving in Calgary in General :banghead:

D. Dub
03-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by ddduke
hey! I like the v70r volvos

Hey OP. Tell us more about the R

StreetRacerX
03-09-2013, 10:02 PM
How'd the wife look?

JustinMCS
03-09-2013, 11:47 PM
This belongs on Rants and Raves on Craigslist ;)

urrforce
03-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by StreetRacerX
How'd the wife look?

lol thats what i was thinking

Disoblige
03-11-2013, 01:36 PM
I dunno man, maybe he was pissed it took you long to realize he was coming up, then you 2 just changed lanes at the same time.

They tried to piss you off and it seemed to have worked. Report the plate and don't let it bug you :thumbsup:

Twenty
03-11-2013, 04:07 PM
I've noticed that the bad drivers seem to be moving into Volvos lately...

toastgremlin
03-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Twenty
I've noticed that the bad drivers seem to be moving into Volvos lately... XC90 drivers have always been crap.

Most other Volvo drivers I've seen on the road have been fine (with the possible exception of people in the poverty-spec 1.9L S40s and teeny boppers in C30s).

osspasha
03-12-2013, 11:12 AM
since i moved to calgary i find two thing calgarians fail to do

1. when ur driving speed limit or even 10 above speed u need to be in the right lane all time, the left lane is passing lane.

2. in rush hour u dont need to have a mile in front of ur car for safety, u already driving 20, and there is people behind u who r trying to merge or stuck in the middle of intersection

gretz
03-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by osspasha

2. in rush hour u dont need to have a mile in front of ur car for safety, u already driving 20, and there is people behind u who r trying to merge or stuck in the middle of intersection

It's not for safety you shitty space cutting fool, its so you don't have to hit the gas and brake as much as the osspasha in front of you. It also makes driving a manual in start / stop traffic more tolerable...

These "bad drivers" leave a mile in front and you are worried about people not being able to merge? There is a mile in front to allow people to merge lol...

Stuck in the intersection? Sounds like you are a shitty driver / you are part of the problem, learn to drive lol...

Disoblige
03-12-2013, 12:56 PM
^^ lol true.

It might not be the same as what osspasha mentioned, but I fucking hate in rush hour when drivers are on their brake and slowly inching forward at a red light because they stopped 5 meters too far back or something. Drives me nuts.

Stealth22
03-12-2013, 01:09 PM
^ +1

I agree to a certain extent, but you shouldn't be entering that intersection if you can't clear it. :dunno:

ColoDano
03-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
^^ lol true.

It might not be the same as what osspasha mentioned, but I fucking hate in rush hour when drivers are on their brake and slowly inching forward at a red light because they stopped 5 meters too far back or something. Drives me nuts.

Where is the "like" button lol.

You can almost always see these same fools glancing down at their crotch as they type away on their phones, which makes it even more fun deciding if you creep closer or just sit there waiting until the light turns. Stiff clutch makes it twice as fun!

GS430
03-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by StreetRacerX
How'd the wife look?

THIS^^^

OH and worst thread on Beyond.. You really think the driver is on here?

OP you just ended up looking like a douche. :thumbsup:

Boosted_TL
03-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Haha that sounds like my old V70R I sold 3 months ago.

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by GS430

THIS^^^

OH and worst thread on Beyond.. You really think the driver is on here?

OP you just ended up looking like a douche. :thumbsup:

She looked like ass.

And errr... Thanks?

I didn't expect them to be on here, but I've been surprised before. I just felt like ranting. Not sure how I looked like a douche? In fact, since you're the first person to attack me, I kind of feel like you know the owner/driver. If it's not you?

mr2mike
03-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Boosted_TL
Haha that sounds like my old V70R I sold 3 months ago.
How did the wife look?

ga16i
03-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by toastgremlin
XC90 drivers have always been crap.

Most other Volvo drivers I've seen on the road have been fine (with the possible exception of people in the poverty-spec 1.9L S40s and teeny boppers in C30s).

^this :werd: Edward ruined Volvo for everybody.

r3ccOs
03-14-2013, 01:40 PM
after being in new york for a while... calgary drivers aren't bad

RedlineMS
03-27-2013, 08:42 AM
I'm surprised it was a Volvo and not a Jetta. Everyone knows that at least half of the asshat drivers on the road are in Jettas. The other 30% are in pickup trucks, usually lifted and diesel, and the last 20% are everyone else. What is it about a gutless POS Jetta, that's makes drivers think they are in a Ferrari? Is is the drivers needed commercials?

GS430
03-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by RedlineMS
I'm surprised it was a Volvo and not a Jetta. Everyone knows that at least half of the asshat drivers on the road are in Jettas. The other 30% are in pickup trucks, usually lifted and diesel, and the last 20% are everyone else. What is it about a gutless POS Jetta, that's makes drivers think they are in a Ferrari? Is is the drivers needed commercials?

..because metal mulisha bro

PencilStools
04-13-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm more concerned with how the child looked. Privileged and white? My fav.